Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    There have been some hints and grumblings from the party that perhaps the doctor "did not start it", and that perhaps his good intentions and wilful blindness meant that turning the townsfolk into mutants somehow "didn't count".
    There's none so blind as those who will not see, and his continued stubborn refusal to see, despite the fact that even his own manservant is a freakish snakemouthed mutant freak due to the effects of his so called medicine, I find extremely irksome.

He's lucky I'll need him alive in the aftermath to explain to the witchhunters and the secular authorities why I put the countess on a giant bonfire and then danced a happy jig (a jig of great justice). I don't need his nads to be unbruised though.

P.S.
    Memo to self: best cauterise his fingers. Don't want him dying of gangrene or whatever.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well if he is in effect a nurgle worshipper i doubt any disease could kill him

Oh, and his wierd freaky face has further unhinged Ludo's mind. Thanks for that, Frenchy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    (and a mad hatred of bretonians)

After action report:

We STORMED A CASTLE (very quietly) and we gave some inept guards the exact opposite of a fair fight. My favourite part was where X-kot opened a trap door loudly then sneaked back down the ladder, and when the guard came to investigate he pulled him down the trapdoor with his whip, Indiana Jones style. Then when his buddy had got about as far as the f in "what the f-" we jumped him while he was distracted. (Then I stuck two arrows in guard number one's head before he could recover from the fall and get untangled).

There was also a fun group moment (the party that slays together stays together) where Harlander knocked on the guardroom door and confused the guard with blather long enough for us to grab his arms and legs while X-kot garroted him. Fun times!

Also Egg got stabbed in the head and just shrugged it off, like Rocky versus Clubber Lang.

It was a surprisingly professional insertion, i kind of miss our bumbling adventurers

It's bleed-over from the Shadowrun playstyle?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wasn't hung over?

So should we:
    A: hold the gatehouse and start a big bonfire fire so our allies come running?
    B: hold the gatehouse and send someone back through the tunnels to sneak the allies in the same way we came?
    C: Put the big fire on a 10 minute fuse, lock and bar the gatehouse, sneak off through the courtyard, and be taking that central island thing before the baddies realise something's wrong and start racing our allies to get control of the gatehouse before they can get in? Or ignore the island thing, sneak all the way through into the second castle, and try to find and assassinate all the Wittgensteins while the guards are all charging off to try and defend the gate?
    D: wacky fourth option?

See, we're meant to be a distraction for our allies - but that doesn't mean our allies can't also be a distraction for us.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I kind of like getting the rebels/freedom fighters into the gatehouse and turning it into a castle within a castle. But all the enemies would have to do would be stand out of range of our bows and call us names. I think a mixture of C and A would be good, so wacky fourth option.

Split forces, sneak some people onto the middle. Get one or two to hold the gatehouse, one can go back and get the rebels/ freedom fighters into the castle the dudes in the middle start a fire and the rebels charge out.

We could always go for fifth option, start a fire, rebels charge in, some of us sneak off since they wont have an idea of our number while the rest make a show of attacking. Sneak group knifes people in the back with minimal effort while the aggro group try and pull as many guards into the melee as possible without getting killed.

Right iv been looking at the errata and it seems blunderbusses are two handed weapons, hah! Interestingly anyone can use one but it takes double the time to reload... also i have found a better pricing guide as the old world armoury prices are wack, ill upload it to the drop box

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Right iv been looking at the errata and it seems blunderbusses are two handed weapons, hah!
    2 Blunderbusses + Quick Draw + Sure Shot = 2 Armour piercing cones of death per turn. Hah!

Henceforth our party shall be known as this:

Then I'll start using encumbrance rules double hah!

nooo! I am so close to not being encumberatised any more!

ALSO, LETS PLAY WUFFURRP ON SUNDAY!
    Last edited by President Weasel; 05-10-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Network Hub
    Here's the important question: could a person with two attacks, wielding a blunderpick, fire the gun and strike with the pick in the same turn?

Yes, let us continue our Splinter Cell-esque assault this Sunday, before X-COM spirits me away.

Hmmm I think the two attacks have to be with the same weapon, I shall investigate

If they had quick draw it would be a free action to change grip on the weapon. If they didn't, I guess the GM could decide whether it was cool or not.

After action report:

We set fire to some shacks!
    Xkot took a particularly vicious crossbow bolt and got nearly killed! (he got better)
    Egg fought a wight in single combat and got all the way killed! (he got better too)*
    Gorm fought the same wight in single combat (part 2) and got a freaking magic sword.
    Harlander kicked a guy off a drawbridge to plummet Alan-Rickmanly to the forest below! (memo to self, get rope, climb down, loot mangled corpse)
    Some mook tried to surrender to me and I totally shot him to death!

Fun times, fun times.

*I was going to jump in and cheat, using the magical anti-undead bolas on the wight, but Egg was all "no, I've got this". Turned out he didn't got this. Luckily he was able to use a fate point to avert death.

So I won't be around next Sunday, and probably not the Sunday after that. Have fun playing Shadowrun, chummers!

Network Hub
    All right, you lot, I bet most of you have made plans to kill aliens and/or aristocrats this weekend, but if you are so inclined, we can also get our 'Run on (sans PW) Sunday. I make no promises, but I will do my best not to have your party get ambushed by Mutons.

I eat mutons for breakfast