Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Everything all right, I hope?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yep yep yep

Good-oh, that means Lowkey gets to help abduct a child in a grim alternate future :)

Abduct makes it sound so sordid. The professional term is peremptory extraction.

Network Hub
    No Nose is a no show, eh? I thought that Lowkey said he would be out this week, too? The mission is still doable with three, but you'll need to be very careful with how you approach. In theory, you can avoid all of the planned altercations (including the boss fight).

Or we could try using overwhelming firepower and murder holes.

It was all going well until that helicopter turned up. Then it got epic.

*hums Pokémon battle theme*
    Last edited by Harlander; 26-11-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Somewhere out there is a sniper who killed a wee kid and sparked off an unnecessary gun battle (as opposed to our gun battle with the helicopter, which was both necessary and awesome).
    Also out there somewhere is that Frost guy who is pretty capable and knows what we look like; he's probably hurting pretty badly because we kidnapped his protectee and she ended up dead (although that last part was Not Our Fault; I was even planning to go back and get her if need be).
    There's a non-zero chance that Frost will find us and go Man On Fire on our arses.

Personally I think there's a bit of a stain on our reputation (although not our reputation as semi-competent achievers of things) so we should try to find that sniper, and maybe deliver them (intact or in convenient-to-carry pieces) to Frost in the hopes that he doesn't then feel compelled to do the whole roaring rampage of revenge thing against us.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    You monsters

Network Hub
    Sorry you and Gorm couldn't make it, LowKey. The crew managed to complete the mission with only a few loose ends, earning a hefty 5500Y and the gratitude of a powerful arms dealer. Some highlights:

* Weasel and Harlander using their magicky and computing skills to win a geocaching contest at a mall (they each got a pair of gecko-tape gloves).

* Egg smoothly grabbing the child in front of the school, but struggling to sedate her (took him three tries).

* An air spirit dragging a pilot from the cockpit of a helicopter.

* Harlander hacking said helicopter and ordering it to return home, much to the frustration of the gunner onboard.

EDIT: Full story write-up available here.
    Last edited by X_kot; 27-11-2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Link to summary added.

Egg got his ass kicked by a little girl :)

The funny thing about Shadowrun is that quite often, the better you do, the less high-octane badassery there is.

Network Hub
    Alright, I've held off asking about it long enough: are we WFRPing it this weekend? Middenheim awaits, you Sigmar-loving southerners!

Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    Alright, I've held off asking about it long enough: are we WFRPing it this weekend? Middenheim awaits, you Sigmar-loving southerners!
    Sigmar? Sigmar's never done much for me; I spent good money on getting my crossbow bolts blessed so I could go fight heretic demon worshippers and a demon in Sigmar's name, and the blessings did nothing, nothing I say.
    I'm for Ranald when I'm aiming and Ulric when the arrow strikes its target :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Yes please! Otherwise the group will be lured to your sweet american siren song of shadow run for good. To speed up the start of the session let me know what/if you want to purchase anything and you can get it for cost +10% for normal, +20% for rare unless you pass a haggle, if you want anything rarer then we shall talk. Ahem -

It is the third morning since your arrival back in Altdorf and with some surprise you managed to sleep well at the Nordland Respite, likely because it is your first mattress be for months (you didn't even care about the stains!). You have been advised by Tobias Slayter that a detachment of Reikguard, some 100 men with support and camp followers [matron], will be departing from the cities north gate at Midday for Middenheim to provide support during their period of civil unrest. This will provide you with as safe a passage as possible to the city of the white wolf and the Witch Hunter has informed its commander, Captain Stukkert, that you will be joining him so you are expected.

As a final token of the Witch Hunters appreciation for your efforts crushing the Wittgenstein corruption you have each been provided with a Detrier
    [or equivalent, mountain ponies for Egg and PW, bascially slower but tougher, I'll give you rules if you need one, X_Kot we can presume your character already has one] from the templars personal stables.

Tobias has also advised you that one Doktor Pieter Eberhardt will also be travelling with the regiment and as a trusted acquaintance of his could provide you with valuable advice or insight into the city during you search for the remaining Wittgenstein.

Otherwise winter is really starting to set in as Ulriczeit approaches, fortunately while the temperature drops snow is yet to have fallen and with luck the roads will be clear, this should see you to Middenheim within three weeks and just in time for the annual Middenheim Carnival, hopefully you will have time to let your hair down.
    Last edited by LowKey; 30-11-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Network Hub
    Horses and ponies for all!

inquistor trixie.jpg

*shudder*

Those destriers are just loaners, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    *shudder*

Those destriers are just loaners, aren't they?
    they're "dont sell them"ers

What I mean is, can I put the destrier alongside the wealth greater than the total of all our transactions to date as part of my trappings for Noble Lord?

hmm, I'd say so - it's a trapping you're using, and it adds to other people's impression of your status