Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    OPERATION FAKE NEWTS IS GO!

Also, so is OPERATION STINKY FIRE-FIGHTING EQUIPMENT!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I also like OPERATION USE STUDENTS AS SHIELDS AGAINST RUBBER BULLETS

Network Hub
    An entertaining session! This is definitely one the least railroady modules I've run, and I like how it gives the players enough rope to make a bridge or hang themselves. Very heavy on the planning, though, and I'm sorry I didn't have enough for Egg to do.

Side note: my S.O. was watching The Dark Knight Rises whilst our runners concocted harebrained schemes. I didn't miss the movie one whit.

Hare brained? I know Gorm came up with it, but nevertheless Operation Fake Newts is a decent plan.
    Also Operation Fake A Newt-Related Coverup And Whip Up A Student Mob is pretty smart too.

Not to mention my brilliant last minute improvisation I just came up with - Operation Summon A Ginormous Earth Elemental And Get It To Smash The Place Up.

Network Hub
    If anything, it is a compliment: http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowrun/

OK so we have 3 plans:

1) and 1b) are newt-related
    2) involves faking our way in as maintenance types and 2a) installing time-release stench devices and 2b) wrecking up the software and then cunningly also messing with the backup software
    3) seriously, they don't seem to have anything in place to stop spirits - they have an off-site mage who I am sure will become an on-site one at the first sign of magical shenanigans, but since my plan with the accident spirit achieved nothing, let's wait til evening, then I will summon a stupidly powerful elemental, take lots of stun damage, get it to do me the one favour of "wreck up the equipment, don't kill or maim anyone" and then go sleep off the stun

anyone got any plans for a 4, in case 1 through 3 work? how about bribe/blackmail/threaten an employee to throw a spanner in the works?

Well, I've got a 1c - impersonate Pueblo Environment Agency bods and hit RMD with an unreasonably expensive environmental mitigation procedure if they're to be allowed to continue operating

Other plots, I'm trying to follow the "what would the team from Leverage do?" format

Ah, I love Leverage - although last season their heart didn't seem to be in it, this most recent one has been pretty decent.
    Since we can't do my absolute favourite Leverage Plan - 'get Tom Skerritt in as a guest star' - why don't we hire a local Hardison to go all Enemy of the State on them? Their security is pretty decent, but what if we pay a guy to do a run on their bank - zero the company's bank account, wreck their credit rating, charge their customers again for goods, reverse the last couple of paydays so the workers suddenly have no cash, that sort of thing. Keep the money he gets, and feel free to leave footprints so the chaos is eventually reversed and the workers don't lose their homes - but it ought to disrupt the hell out of their business for a day or two.

Also if we walk in as fire inspectors when security are fairly relaxed and plant timed things and hack up their computers, we can send an elemental in to smash the equipment up as we are leaving - that way we get two attacks for the price of one, and by the time their security goes to red alert we'll be gone but our little stinky gifts will be safely in place.

If they keep having to evacuate the place, and it's a while before the smell clears, and they keep having to clean up piles of sick everywhere, and the employees are scared and angry because someone keeps dosing them with nausea gas that takes a while to disperse - that's got to be a day or two of production right there.

Also "elemental SMASH" has got to cost them money and production time too.

The point is to make the plant too much hassle for not enough money, and make them sell. Cyber banking attacks plus student mobs plus very nasty pranks plus good old fashioned breaking things plus fake EPA harrassment ought to do it.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 17-12-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Who's Parker in our group though?

Early Parker, who's pretty disconnected from reality? Gorm, surely.

We should also steal Hammerjack/Void's commlink and use it to do all the hacking stuffs

Network Hub
    And here I was afraid that this would be a boring mission for everyone.

Also, Weasel gets +1 nuyen for name-dropping Enemy of the State. RIP Tony Scott.

Network Hub
    Alright, people, what's the plan for Sunday? It sounds like both Lowkey and I are ready, although I would lean in favor of WFRP for the holiday tie-in. A murderous Santa demon cannot be allowed to live!

Aye I am aboot, happy to finish the seasonal session and then we could do yours the week after if you fancy?

Althoooough, the christmas spectacular probably wont last the whole session as you have done a lot of leg work (obviously depending on the level of dicking around), maybe we could do both in one session, madness?

Right due to flooding related circumstances i am very late in getting to the inlaws and will not be there in time to start the session, if youre happy to x_kot then id be grateful if you could run your session, ill try and join in but dont wait for me

Good luck man

Fun Times! Also: Considerable Success!

Operation Stinky Newt was carried out with surprising competence, forcing the loss of at least a day's productivity due to production line errors and a series of terrible smells while also stealing several shipments of valuable engines and rerouting them to shady destinations. (Also we got a giant Axolotl to smash up their computer room so they couldn't trace the problem easily, and the toilets so nobody could poop).
    The icing on the cake was a student protest and a groundswell of internet anger about their terrible treatment of some entirely fictitious newts.
    And we hired a hacker to mess up their finances too - which cost us 1000 nuyen each, but that's still a profit of 4K on the job (or 3 for me since I bought all the gear for my elaborate stinky fire extinguisher pet project)

They sold the factory a couple of days later.

For next session: ambush The Void and beat him up and frame him for the Stinky Newt Job. (Let's go steal a scapegoat?)
    Also take the (entirely good) consequences of the spur of the moment theft of several thousand engines from Nissan.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 23-12-2012 at 11:54 PM.

A very entertaining session. In retrospect, I could probably have messed with RMD's finances myself (I was stuck on the idea that we'd have to hack into the actual bank to deal with it, rather than just futzing with their internal system) and it may turn out that stealing Aztechnology's shipment was an afterthought that'll bring us some trouble..

I love it when a plan comes together! Aye was fun and thanks X_Kot for filling in with such short notice, it was disappointing that I missed the end but it was fun putting it all together.

Next sunday I should be fine for running WFRP if people are available? Obviously no worries if not as I appreciate its a busy period.