Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    See you soon

I do have work tomorrow, so I won't stick around past midnight

Cheers for the session LowKey/everyone else. By the way, I'm only 400xp from the end of this career already. Aww yeah, munchkin(er) times are soon.

Edit: After doing a bit of rulebook reading, I figure that can get through Veteran pretty quickly, picking up Very Strong (which would give SB 4) and Mighty Shot, plus another 2 wounds and a couple of misc. skills. The most important thing about that is that a career exit for Veteran is Champion, which would essentially make me the ultimate munchkin. I would have 81 WS, 79 BS, 50(+5) S, 69(+5) T, 51(-10)Ag, 53 Int, 45 WP, 39 Fel. Oh, with 3 attacks and 19 wounds. A non-armour piercing weapon would have to do 12 damage to injure me and 31 damage to one shot me. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll play WFRP long enough for me to get such insane skills..

Edit 2: Does anyone know if I ever added the +5 T I get from Very Resilient to my character sheet? Because if so, I get TB 6. Jus' sayin.

Edit 3: Yes I did. Shit. Got excited for a minute there.
    Last edited by egg651; 28-01-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Some people might say that cutting the eyes out of the corpses of the thugs that attacked us, in order to play finger puppets with them and go bloodloodloodloodle at the one thug we left alive, thus terrifying him into telling us things... some people might say that was going a little far.

Fie upon those people, says I.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Aye thanks gang was fun, egg have a look in the armory/pricelist as i think there are potions that temporarily increase toughness, you could also make a pact with some unsavory beings :-)

On magic items you have actually picked up a few beside the sword and dagger, you got a ring from the von wittgensteins and etelka bad lady as well as a medallion from the skaven grey seer, might be worth checking out...

I would also like to remind the group that gorm has been harbouring a pokemon related grudge against me for the last 13 years

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll get you one day

Network Hub
    Good times! Plot bits to follow up next time (my memory is a little shaky from the White Russian I was drinking, but I think I caught the salient points):

* Ludo begins a new career in horror special effects by crafting the eponymous prop from the famous play The Fingers Have Eyes. Am wondering what the encore will be, The Last Hobbit Hole on the Left, maybe?

* The team is on the trail of a butcher's missing daughter; leads have suggested that her beau, a rich foreigner, may be involved.

* We've uncovered part of the Purple Hand conspiracy in the guise of a shapeshifter going by the name Malthusius, a dark-haired witch accomplice, and a short-haired blonde Bretonnian woman (who may be the person who hypnotized Dieter). The shapeshifter was wearing a ring that only the city's Lords of Law bear, which could be one way the cultists have been influencing politics. Malthusius was aware of Gotthard's presence in town but did not seem directly aligned with him. Unfortunately, all are free and alive due to the Bretonnian's timely intervention.

Is Malthusius alive? The blonde lady totally Keyser Soze'd those poor bastards in the watch house and killed the dark haired witch and the bodyguard with a petard, but all we know for sure is that the main baddie's body wasn't there afterwards.
    If he is alive, I plan to re-kill him with a vengeance and then do as many perma-kill cliches as possible, like cutting off his head and burning it and scattering the ashes in running water, and staking his heart with a stake inscribed with holy scripture, and burying his body at a crossroads.
    Also when we meet the blonde lady I fully intend to open fire immediately, hopefully without giving her a chance to do her terrifyingly skilled knifework or cast spells on us. The one problem with the plan is that we aren't entirely sure what she looks like, and even killing every blonde in town, impractical and time consuming as it is, is unlikely to work as she may just wear a hat or dye her hair.

Also something something butcher's daughter something something? She's either absconded because pregnant, or been murdered because pregnant, or she wasn't pregnant at all and that's a red herring (surely she'd have mentioned it in her diary?). We should go to that inn and see what's what. And something confusing about a break in at Albrecht's shop and Albrecht being a drunk.

It's all very confusing and difficult to unravel, and the worst thing about shapeshifters being involved is that plan A is pretty much out the window, since we're not sure who we'd need to kill before the "kill all the baddies" box can be ticked.

However, at least we've confirmed that Ludo is officially the best archer in all of Middenheim. That's the most important thing.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 28-01-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Gentlemen how are we fixed for tonight, Harlander do you think you'll be available?

Network Hub
    I'll be around. I'm not much for American hand-to-ball, so no other plans here.

I'll be there

excellent.

Toppity tip
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

We kicking off at the usual time?

8 till late! (11)

Well that was fun. I got to shoot off some pistols and nearly get into a fight with a paladin of Ulric type guy. Speaking of which, paladins of Ulric are awesome, charging around and smashing things with hammers.
    Stumped and stymied in our attempts to defeat the plots of the two unconnected chaos cults in Middenheim, we decided to try to do some good and rescue the kidnapped daughter of a sad butcher. In our investigations we stumbled over yet another chaos cult. Seriously, what is it with this damned city? You can't move without tripping over a bunch of cults.
    At least this one was relatively easy to thwart with nice straightforward violence, although we were unable to rescue the girl because she'd been transformed into a chaos spawn. That was a sad business - although it was a genuinely interesting moral conundrum trying to decide whether we should just shoot her in the head and use fire to hide the evidence, then claim she ran off with her boyfriend to Estalia or somewhere, or whether we should tell the sad butcher the saddening truth.
    Harlander's view prevailed (my plan, unsurprisingly, was the one involving arson and lies - but my heart was in the right place, I just wanted him to be happy) and the butcher got to say one last goodbye before Herr Doctor X-kotius carted off her body to do medical experiments on, to the disapproval and disgust of everyone assembled, from the bloodthirsty paladin through the less bloodthirsty noble von Harlander, through to the incredibly bloodthirsty halfling psychopath.
    It's just not right.

So we killed the blob monster and we killed the cult leader, and we let the hypno singer go on the understanding if she ever came into the Empire again we'd track her down and murderise her. Unfortunately the nurgle cult (that's three out of the four now - the tzeentch cult is doing something deep and cunning involving dopplegangers, the slaanesh cult is doing something less cunning involving Wittgenstein (who's not as smart as he thinks he is, and is patronised by the tzeentch guy)and hypnotising city leaders in order to tax the dwarfs and wizards, and as far as we know there isn't a Khorne cult because KHORNE SMASH RAAR, CULTS ARE DUMB) has already spread their evil magical sausages to altdorf, and something about the city jail? That's not good.
    One good thing came out of the sad story of the butcher's daughter - the butcher's one of the city's business leaders and now we've told him Wittgenstein's a chaos bugger and he's posing as Klaus Goebbels, head of the merchant guild, I think we've managed to give him an enemy to concentrate on and subsume his grief a bit. Worth a try anyway. Might make his grief a bit more manageable and make life harder for Goebbels Wittgenstein too.

So next week's session is the garden party, when we try to solve the intractable problem of which of the city's law lords is secretly a chaos cult leader with a magic face-changy face, and how do we kill him without being arrested and hanged for killing a law lord? Goebbels von Wittgenstein is easy by comparison - sneak into his house, quietly kill everyone inside, and burn it down. Bish bosh, job done, head out of the city for pastures new before it occurs to the watch that we really didn't like Goebbels von Wittgenstein at all. Shame we wouldn't get an opportunity to gloat though but I can live with that.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 04-02-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Maybe there is a Khorne blood cult that the other butcher is in, or maybe some of the Knights of the White Wolf have joined some kind of warrior brotherhood that has been turned to the ways of Khorne. Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, or how.

Cults are a handy/lazy tool in warhammer as most of the other nasty monsters couldnt realistically be in a city, aslo the campaign is the enemy within

I'm just going to head downstairs and gete some breakf- aaargg! Chaos cult!
    Right, that does it, I've a good mind to complain to the manag- arrg! Another chaos cult!

Network Hub
    Oh, sure, you'll all gladly take the healing I can dish out, but when it comes to the real sciency business, I'm surrounded by a bunch of Luddites. Those Shallyans have damn good PR, I'll give them that, but how many people can one priest tend to with their magicks in a day before wilting away? The old ways are not the best ways, gentlemen.

Last session felt like a good encapsulation of what Warhammer is sold as: devious plans made by desperate people, chaos monsters and chaos victims, alternating portions of talking and fighting. Gottfried almost went crazy twice, whereas Egg cracked a bit at the sight of an old wooden leg. I think we resolved things as best could, seeing as there was no way to reverse poor Hannah's condition.