Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    Gah, I hate it when game groups flake out like that. LowKey's the chap to talk with about joining the WFRP campaign, so I'll leave it to him to respond officially. What kind of game systems have you played?
    20+ years of tabletop (mostly GW but almost entirely historicals for the last few years due to GW's increasingly piss poor rulesets); on the RPG front some D&D and Pathfinder.

I will only be able to play until about July(ish) as I will be on an Afghan holiday until about October(ish). So, if thats an issue, by all means take Screwie over me, I will hardly cry at all.
    Last edited by palindrome; 13-02-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I thought who ever was going to take over from me had to fight me to the death.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Well they do have to eat you to gain your substance but i was thinking more of a seppuku kinda thing

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Sunday, internet friends? same bat time, same bat channel?

Network Hub
    I think I'll be free, unless I keep losing to my wife in Netrunner...

Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    I think I'll be free, unless I keep losing to my wife in Netrunner...
    I sent mine to my parents address instead of mine by mistake :(

But yes please! I will be playing Game of Thrones 2nd Edition in the day so I may well be in a murderous mood, yay!

Network Hub
    Pauvre LowKey...you might look into OCTGN (http://www.octgn.net/); there are a bunch of CCG and LCG games available to play.

I will be there, although sadly I have run out of alcohol.

These are dark times indeed.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by egg651 View Post
    i have run out of alcohol.
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I am running a bit late i am afraid, should be 830

Errr more like 9 very sorry, can go later than usual obviously depending on everyone else

Official Harlander Update

Not sure exactly when you left, but here are the things that happened at the end of the session:

We went to see the law lord who hadn't been seen for days, because we thought maybe he was the impersonator we (temporarily?) killed in a previous episode. Seems like he probably isn't a chaos impostor; he told us his neice had been kidnapped (at which point we told him - "little blond kid? we heard about a kidnapped little blond kid, we're planning to unkidnap her".)

We went to see the guy who had been dealing drugs to the chancellor, and threatened him a bit (Gorm was playing 'good Gorm, bad Ludo' - "you can talk to me, my son, or you can talk to the halfling" (he was also playing 'good Gorm, Really Bad Doctor', with lines like "do you think you might need to sharpen your implements there, herr doctor?"))
    So the guy spilled his guts and told us a blond bretonnian lady (her again!) had been supplying the drugs, and he contacted her by homing pigeon. Then Doctor Xkot made him take a massive dose of his own drugs (we had to take Insanity Point rolls because apparently that was "a bad thing to do" or something, but Ludo rolled nice and low).

Oh, and my "offer a reward for the location of a house with a kidnapped girl in it" scheme was a miserable failure but did provoke an amusing brawl, which we quietened down with tactical Ogre usage.

So we were at a loose end, but (with a little nudge) remembered that we knew the baddies were in the local area, and that we had a homing pigeon that would fly to their base (assuming the blond lady was at the same house as the kidnapped girl), so we found a high building with a good view, released the pigeon, and watched it fly to a creepy looking 3 story house.

That's where we left it, because it looks like there's a boss fight coming up and we didn't want you to miss it.

So next Sunday I guess "we smash the door down and investigate some shit", as I believe I said at the time.

Rescue the girl, and we should be able to make the tax go away, since one of the law lords is in the wizards guild and can be assumed to be against the tax already. Un-kidnap this other law lord's niece and we have two of the three on the anti-tax faction; maybe we should kill the other one, just in case he is a chaos infiltrator man?

Also, once we've dealt with this dangerously competent cult we can deal with Wittgenstein's less competent cult by sneaking into his house, totally murdering him to death, nicking the more portable valuables, and burning the place down.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Well, it's kind of you to not want to exclude me from the boss fight, I guess.

How much is left of this section? I get the vague sense that things are coming to a head

Things are definitely coming to a head.
    Also, we don't want to exclude you from anything, we just wanted to try to get a full session in despite Lowkey's inexcusable lateness and your having to leave at the original reasonable hour because of sleep then work. So we figured we'd tie up the loose ends and stop before we started any new plot threads.

I get the feeling you haven't really been into it for the last couple of sessions, is there something we could be doing to make it better for you?

Aye we're pretty much at the hopefully climatic finale, I am sorry people aren't really enjoying this part of the campaign, it's pretty much all talky and I am probably not great and making that engaging/fun, the next bits should be a bit more straight forward but please let me know if you have any suggestions on where I can improve.

On another note as I said last night I am at the 6 nations on sunday, which means I should mean I am back in time but I thought that yesterday... so I think instead of risking that I will just say now that I cannot do sunday evening, could do saturday night if that works for people otherwise no WFRP this weekend, I promise my march is a lot quieter!

Nooo! We've only got a few Gorm days left, let's not waste one!

I can't fault your GMing LowKey (except your NPCs say "my friend" far too much :p) - I've just been on a low ebb due to reasons, and Gottfried doesn't really work unless I'm firing on all cylinders.

I'm getting a bit burnt out with WFRP to be honest

Haha yeah that's true! Well after we finish PBtT X_Kot could commence with his campaign if you like? I'd be happy to take a break and we could come back to WFRP refreshed?

As for Gorm, I definitely want to finish before he goes, I am sure we can finish in one more session as we are pretty much on the cusp of the finale, so as I said we can do saturday or hopefully he's still here next week?

I could do Saturday, yeah