Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Sunday is good for me!

Side note: The Radiance Dropbox invites have been sent to everyone; please accept to gain access to the folder, which includes the player's guide, a souped-up character sheet, and guidelines for character creation.

I think I can make that

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    @X_kot, regarding Radiance: What starting level should characters be for your campaign?

P.S. Thanks for the character sheet, it does make things a bit easier.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So long and thanks for all the fish you wonderful group you.

Best of luck Gorm

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'll miss you, Gorm. It won't be the same without you.

Network Hub
    Fare thee well, Gorm - we'll never forget Christophe's unflinching stoicism in the face of chaos and gratitutious halfling torture.

@ Screwie, Level 1 to start. I've updated the welcome text.

What've we got so far in Radiance? I notice "Mister" Tharg's turned up already; anyone else got any ideas?

Yes but I can't seem to save my character sheet.

I am working on a Half Orc barbarian who's on a quest to prove himself against the biggest, meanest game and who has been hired by the Zoological Society to accompany expeditions. He has in his contract that he has to be addressed as "Mister Tharg" and not just "Tharg" because he doesn't want to be treated like a big dumb barbarian. (However, he actually is a big, average-intelligence-at-best, doesn't-know-much-about-civilised-society, barbarian).
    I was planning on playing him Tarzan-style when he's with NPCs "Tharg angry. Merchant man shows disrespect to Tharg" and then talking normally when strangers weren't around.

Download a pdf of your character sheet and use something like foxit reader to edit and save it. That should work.

Network Hub
    Sounding good, PW! I think Lowkey mentioned that was leaning toward a wizard. As for the PDF saving issue, it may be due to the version of Acrobat Pro I was using (8, I think); I might not have saved the file as Reader-enabled. I'll see what I can do about uploading a new version when I get home tonight (and a world map!).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Thanks Gorm, loovvveeee yoooouuu, when you get back Christoph will be a full on demon prince so that's fun.

Yep yep thinking wizard, I'll through my lot together tonight and then perhaps revisit it depending on everyone else, as PW said palindrome foxit reader may be better, I know I couldn't get the fillable WFRP sheets to save on Adobe without the expensive version.

He'll be like "what are we doing? Destroying the world? Sorry, I was reading a book".

I'm contemplating going for some kind of artificer-esque style; some kind of roving comms engineer wiring up the new colonies or some other malarkey; a teslapunk Harry Tuttle

Network Hub
    Nifty, Harlander! I would suggest taking either the Scientist Theme or at least a race with the racial Electrotech ability (human, gnome, slith, warmech).

Right I have uploaded my Character sheet now. I guarantee that I have made a mistake somewhere though :)

Cathal Dubh the (soon to be) world renowned natural scientist, inventor, marksman and cad is ready to shoot beasties full of holes and then experiment on the remains in the hope of creating the pinnacle of monsterkind. Not out of any sense of evil of course, just because it would be interesting to see what happens.

Incidentally do you have a character sheet with the technics skills?
    Last edited by palindrome; 04-03-2013 at 09:33 PM.

I just added mine to the dropbox:

Nemo, a young, brilliant and extremely talented atlan Elementalist. A bit arrogant, too. :)

EDIT: Palindrome, that hunting rifle looks damn scary!
    Last edited by Screwie; 04-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Some of the skills are wild, devils beard being my current favourite, Screwie I hope you took that weird pod skill for atlan, sounds delightfully gross

I didn't take that one, yet... but I like how you can take racial stuff later if you want to. And it does look awesome. Instead I took an ability that makes me an super combat swimmer.

Some of the deities are absolutely bonkers too. Maurob's and Tiamat's boons both scare me.
    Last edited by Screwie; 04-03-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    EDIT: Palindrome, that hunting rifle looks damn scary!
    Just wait until I start making deathrays and mechs :P

I think that the stats for the hunting rifle and musket are the wrong way round to be honest.