Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Really loving this game so far. It does a good job of creating puzzles, creating insurmountable rage, and then giving you that sense of accomplishment after completing a particularly difficult/stressful section. Basically, all of that was in level 3, those spiders are the worst(in a good way).

Still, there have been a couple of rooms that I've missed, and I know it, and it galls me.

What's the latest word on the release of the editor?

Also, I love that all mages in your party can learn a spell from just one scroll.

Picked this up last night, really enjoying it! I was wondering why my computer sounded like a jet engine last night until I read this thread! will turn on vsync tonight :)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenDickbag View Post
    Also, I love that all mages in your party can learn a spell from just one scroll.
    Actually, the scrolls just tell you the combinations if you don't already know them. As long as you have a high enough skill, you can cast any spell in the game without first having found a scroll.

Network Hub
    Patch incoming, as of now include the following:

- vsync is enabled by default
    - borderless windows are no longer topmost
    - pressing ESC closes character sheet
    - fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit
    - bug fix: topmost menu item don’t work reliably in 2560×1440 resolution
    - bug fix: wall text translations are not dismissed when right-clicking
    - bug fix: inanimate objects can be backstabbed
    - bug fix: projectiles go through doors in some very rare cases
    - improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch
    - fixed a couple of typos
    - removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)

The devs hinted that there might be more in this patch, but there probably won't be much more if it's, as they say, likely going live next week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Arrived at floor 3, those platoons scared me for a moment but some ice shard spell took care of them quite easily.

I noticed in some areas you hear some whooshy mechanical noise, what's that about? I looked around for switches or rock chips but couldn't find anything.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

- pressing ESC closes character sheet
    That fix alone has already made me a happy camper, I dont know how many times last night i had the inventory window open hit escape only to grumble at myself...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Floor 10. :) I am meeting some badass monsters now. Minor spoilers: it's the race from those hooded statues with the tentacle faces. No don't call them illthids, we're not using that word! These guys are have a range of spells including one which absorbs all attacks. While watching me play, my brother has taken to saying "they've adapted!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Progressing to level 5 at the moment. That poetry-riddle was really, really enjoyable.

I don't get why people don't like the magic system. I honestly do not understand. I love the hectic clicking on the right runes in the middle of a battle while trying not to get cornered between multiple enemies. This is FUN. I do regret trying to make an Evasion rogue for frontline though, and then accidentally giving a +15 health book to one of my mages. Shay just keeps dying all the time, although her new equipment helps a lot.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Floor 10. :) I am meeting some badass monsters now
    hehe met them too, great fun.

Meet the Gang:
    (SPOILER-Warning as i took that photo in level 10, so there's quite a bit of nice equipment to see.)
    http://imgur.com/m4B6a,bx343,aGDWh,Flrtv#3

I'm with you Vexing Vision, I love the hectic nature of casting spells while trying to dodge, position, and attack. It makes my miscasting of spells seem more realistic in that sense, rather than just a flat percentage of failure. Obviously, not every game would be able to successfully implement a rune system(like any sort of D&D based RPG), but I really enjoy it in all of it's chaos.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Progressing to level 5 at the moment. That poetry-riddle was really, really enjoyable.

I don't get why people don't like the magic system. I honestly do not understand. I love the hectic clicking on the right runes in the middle of a battle while trying not to get cornered between multiple enemies. This is FUN. I do regret trying to make an Evasion rogue for frontline though, and then accidentally giving a +15 health book to one of my mages. Shay just keeps dying all the time, although her new equipment helps a lot.
    Probably something to do with the casting speed/reaction should be tied to the character and not the player. But hey, this is an action RPG I guess.

Network Hub
    oh god oh god those spiders those spiders!

oh jeez! Not a pleasant evening for an arachnophobe, not gonna lie. pretty surprised I got through in an evening though kept thinking I was going to take a break but I didnt want to stop.

Effective coping method involved not looking at the main screen area during combat (seriously Face hugger animation?). Though at one point attacking a spider I heard the tell tale sound of a door opening and realized that i was going to get flanked so I ran back like mad and eventually ended up in the newly opened room where a pair of spiders proceeded to eat my team alive while I sat there wimpering.

Oh well, Its all behind me now, slimes were a nice change and that reward crossbow is quite nice, lvl 4 is shaping up to be a puzzle level which is a nice change for the nerves.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I don't get why people don't like the magic system. I honestly do not understand. I love the hectic clicking
    My wrist isn't a fan. The same system on a touchscreen tablet or with keyboard shortcuts would be fine, though. I found another autohotkey script on the official forums, and I think I'll take a break and wait til that's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    My wrist isn't a fan. The same system on a touchscreen tablet or with keyboard shortcuts would be fine, though. I found another autohotkey script on the official forums, and I think I'll take a break and wait til that's finished.
    I hope they patch in keyboard shortcuts for combat. That will turn this game from pretty good to great. Maybe I'll try the hacky autohotkey scripts, but I really hope for an official change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I noticed in some areas you hear some whooshy mechanical noise, what's that about? I looked around for switches or rock chips but couldn't find anything.
    I noticed those too. I think they may just be 'ATMOSPHERE', as I haven't managed to find sources. Also, and this may be a SPOILER, though I'm not sure, I've been fighting monsters and had little earthquakes happen. I'm not sure what they mean yet, or if they are simply another effect for atmosphere.

Activated Node
    I always thought the skeletal soldies made the mechanical noises, even in another section, if the absolute distance is a couple of blocks.

Yeah, I think its the group of 4 skeletons that does it, but you can hear them through walls.

Network Hub
    This game is good. Was rather embarassed in the living room with my housemates, playing with headphones on and something creeped me out so I made a bit of a 'weirhfrufou' noise.. Not something that happens that often. Well worth the investment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I always thought the skeletal soldies made the mechanical noises, even in another section, if the absolute distance is a couple of blocks.
    Ah okay, thought it sounded a lot like mechanical blades swooping.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog