Obscure Node

Help Identify an Old Business-Sim Game

I woke up yesterday with a vague memory of a game I had in the mid-90s on my brain. It was an economic/business builder game where you built your factory, along with the assembly lines within.

I seem to recall buying the factory location, then setting up your business inside. You had to hire and fire employees, price your products competitively, etc..

The graphics were a 3/4 view, I think. But I cannot be sure. The design window for your factory may have been an overhead view.

Anyway, I know it's not much to go on. I've Googled many iterations of "tycoon, factory, business, economy, sim, builder" etc, and have not come across anything that rings a bell. GIS has not yet turned up a screenshot that shows what I recall.

So, two questions -- 1) does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? (I am fairly sure I didn't just dream it)
    2) can anyone recommend a similar-type of game that has some good depth to it? My Googling turned up an awful lot of web-based business sims, which I have yet to look at.

Thanks a lot!

I can't help you with the individual game, but you may want to check out www.mobygames.com

Sounds a bit like this
    http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/53...nterprise.html

edit: As for your second question, this is likely a decent game, but probably not as focused on realism as on being a good game
    http://www.impulsedriven.com/tcm
    Last edited by Mantracker; 14-04-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Obscure Node
    Thanks, Mantracker, that's the one! :)

Anyone ever play the one about the hotdog stand?

I'm just going to say Crazy Factory (or Gadget Tycoon in countries that are wrong).

I konw it isn't that game but it gives me an excuse to post the trailer. So everyone's happy.

Last edited by Bhazor; 15-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Obscure Node
    Superb trailer!