Activated Node

The Two Guys From Andromeda Are Back!!!

Surprised no one else here on the forums has brought this up just yet (or if they have, there's not a dedicated thread to it), but today, Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy have officially announced that they are back together and teaming up for a new game!

http://guysfromandromeda.com/

They DO NOT have a KickStarter up, but it wouldn't surprise me if one appeared sometime down the road. Currently they are hiring, looking for narrators, and mark the 3rd notable appearance of former Sierra legends coming back into the fold. With Al Lowe, Josh Mandel, Jane Jensen, Robert Holmes, Mark Crowe, and Scott Murphy all announcing their returns to game development, could Ken and Roberta Williams not be far behind?

So with a tentative title of "Two Guys Spaceventure", it's looking like we might just see another Space Quest game (or a spiritual Space Quest successor) in the very near future.

I know I'm excited! :D

Network Hub
    Great news. I wonder if the fact that the Space Quest 7 fan project got lawyered out of existence means they won't be able to make a direct Space Quest game.

The Space Quests are the best Quests!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    The Space Quests are the best Quests!
    I always preferred Quest for Glory.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuMan View Post
    Currently they are hiring, looking for narrators, and mark the 3rd notable appearance of former Sierra legends coming back into the fold. With Al Lowe, Josh Mandel, Jane Jensen, Robert Holmes, Mark Crowe, and Scott Murphy all announcing their returns to game development, could Ken and Roberta Williams not be far behind?
    According to a user on the forum on adventuregamers.com they won´t come back to do new adventure games.

Quote Originally Posted by talkshow
    So, I wrote Ken Williams an email...
    ...about Roberta getting involved with the Kickstarter mania and possible doing another King's Quest. I just got a reponse from Ken:

--------------
    Thank you,

I’ve been watching Leisure-Suit Larry on Kickstarter. Very cool!

I did ask Roberta if she wanted to consider working on a game, and she said no. It would be fun, but we’re
    “too retired.” We’ll keep thinking about it, but I doubt it will ever happen.

-Ken W

--------------

Rats! I told him that a new game would easily be funded with her name attached to it.
    http://adventuregamers.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30836

I know that that thread quotes RPS article where Paul Trowe says that they´re talking to Ken Williams, but Replay Games have said many things that seem like things people just want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Well, I thought the first four QFGs were pretty great, but they kinda lost me with the fifth, which is something that didn't happen with the SQ series. Also SQ1 was the first adventure I ever played and the one that got me into the genre so there's some bias there..

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    QFG5 is one of those games at the beginning of the 3D era where silly people felt compelled to make the transition even though the technology wasn't ready. It's a victim of its time.

If you can forgive the terrible, terrible combat, there's still a lot to like about it, even if it doesn't quite live up to its predecessors.

I tried it again last year, maybe. Didn't get on with it too well, it was glitchy and awkward so I gave up on it before getting into any fights.
    Although, to be fair, the combat in the others wasn't exactly good either.

On another note, I recently played the SQ2 remake and it was great so I think I'm gonna try the two indies that Richard Cobbett mentioned here.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachmenev View Post
    I know that that thread quotes RPS article where Paul Trowe says that they´re talking to Ken Williams, but Replay Games have said many things that seem like things people just want to hear.
    Well if they said they were talking with them, that statement seems to imply that they indeed talked with them. It doesn't mean that anything was agreed or arranged, just that they connected and touched base.

Plus, Al Lowe and Paul Trowe also said on their KickStarter page a while back that they were talking with Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe. Now The Two Guys From Andromeda are back together again! Which amazes me since the last I heard about a week or two ago, was that Mark was in another position with Foundation 9, and joining Replay Games would be a conflict of interest.

Yet, here they are!

So if Ken and Roberta are "too retired", that's fine. Not gonna stop the other Sierra legends from getting back in the game (which is awesome). But who knows what will happen?

Please tell me they're going to make another Quest game! PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Naturally