PS3/XBox360: Dragon's Dogma, anyone else getting it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YimwPf0Fr3A

Just found this game the other day. It had completely slipped under my radar. It looks like it'll be something of a European fantasy-style Monster Hunter game, sort of. Which tickles me in all sorts of ways. Having had a look at some of the monster battles in gameplay videos I went ahead and pre-ordered it off the bat.

Anyone else getting it?
    BobHound - EVE Online

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Given the slew of pc releases of previously console-exclusive Capcom games, that were made on the MT Framework engine, I'm pretty sure we'll see a pc port announcement later in the year. Everything about the game makes it look better than Skyrim but I doubt it'll be that much of a big hit without a significant marketing budget.

Hopefully they'll find a way to market it. I'm a huge fan of the Monster Hunter games and always felt they went a bit underappreciated here in Europe. I know they are grindy with all the crafting but I've not played any game as of yet where fighting huge things are as much fun. Many of the MH releases that came after Freedom Unite didn't make it here which always felt like a bummer. But given Dark Souls' popularity maybe people will have an easier time going for these types of games. Not that Dark Souls and Monster Hunter are too much alike, but Dragon's Dogma seems like they're merging concepts slightly.
    BobHound - EVE Online

The demo for Dragon's Dogma is out in the US today, tomorrow for us Europeans. Anyone given it a shot yet?
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah, the actual combat is really good but the demo will give a bad impression to anyone who knows it's not what the entire game is like. It gives you two tiny segments of combat and that's it, doesn't really play on the open world/night thing.

Obscure Node
    This is a game I decided I wasn't going to buy. I'll be busy with Diablo 3, and Guild Wars 2 beta weekends. I have other games I wish to play through, and I recently got Populous the Beginning from GoG. However, I thought I'd give the demo a go. WOW! I loved it.

As Woundedbum says, the demo is just combat, doesn't really give you the RPGness element that's involved. However, the combat feels fanastic. Sort of has a Dark Soulsy feel to it, with an element of Shadow of the Colossus (climbing onto the monsters) and some Monster Hunteriness thrown in. Great combat, plus what I've seen from previews of the RPG element, means this is a game I'm gonna end up buying... no doubt on release date! DAMN YOU CAPCOM!

Agreed!

It's difficult to say how it will feel in the long run, but I felt that the climbing on the monsters was surprisingly fun! Definitely excited for May!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Going to have the check the demo out, it looks really promising, but I really wish they'd included a co-op mode.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I enjoyed creating my own character and his companion, great customization. Didn't really see much of what the complete game has to offer since it showed only combat, which is fun, but didn't really have to use that much tactic so far. Climb on head of beastie and stabbety stab stab until it goes down. But I'm sure later creatures will need better tactics.

I still have no idea what kind of game it's suppose to be, is it a monster hunter game, or does it have a rich story with dialogues and a character with a voice.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I'll probably get it. This thread has links to the videos you need to see if you haven't made up your mind: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467925

From what I've gathered it's a fantasy Monster Hunter game with a story and some dialogue. I think it's probably more Monster Hunter than Skyrim, at any rate.
    BobHound - EVE Online