Will Fight for Food = RPG + old school beat 'em up

(Old post from the ancient times of 2012)

I made a game which combines classic 2d brawlers like double dragon with a light RPG plot. It's set in an unspecified town in the near future, and involves you - a retired wrestler past his best trying to take down the biggest corporation in the city (and in the game!) There are stats, sidequests, items to collect and people to meet (or punch).

A unique conversation system lets you modify your body language, tone and opinion to elicit the best response from a character. For those of you who think talking to people is overrated, there's the option to beat up everyone in the city!

Here's a trailer with some of the things you can do in Will Fight for Food:

There's more info on my website.
    Last edited by arvind; 22-04-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: I find stuff I wrote in 2012 very embarassing (and the store I linked here is closed now).

Hey there again! In the 3 years from the earlier post and now, I made Unrest and WFFF was greenlit. I rewrote the dialogue, improved the combat and overhauled the art; now the almost-entirely-new-game is coming out today.

"Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour" is a comedic 2D RPG / beat ‘em up in which you are former wrestler and current washed up wanderer Jared Casey Dent, roaming the land and completing quests for other people – even if they don’t actually need your “help”.

Use a detailed conversation system where you can choose your body language and tone to maximize the effectiveness of your response. If talking to people seems too highbrow to you, you can punch everyone in your quest for whatever it is you want to accomplish by beating up an entire town.

You can get it from Steam or the Humble Widget on my website.
    Last edited by arvind; 22-04-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can I punch myself? If not, then I can't punch everyone, ha!

Mod note: This belongs into the Promotion section of the forums. Moving this thread.
    Forum janitor in training.

Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Can I punch myself? If not, then I can't punch everyone, ha!
    You can go inside an arcade machine and fight yourself (and lose).
    Technically, this means you can punch - and get punched by - yourself. Ha! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Mod note: This belongs into the Promotion section of the forums. Moving this thread.
    Thanks, and sorry about that. I just thought it would be funny if I replied to a thread I made back in 2012.