Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Could be a problem with the Anniversary edition...

Quote Originally Posted by tomeoftom View Post
    EDIT: By the way, it's incredible. Absolutely incredible.
    Fuck you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    It's patched to the latest version? (1.60 iirc)

I have never patched my game. Figured the Annie edition would be the latest, but then Empire: Total War were patching for years so... yeah. <--- fairly new to multiplayer.

Edit: Bottom right of the screen says it's version 1.59.79385
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 19-04-2012 at 10:40 PM.

I never patched my Arma manually (Steam Version) but iirc this should be what you need:
    http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemi...folder&lang=en

Way ahead of you this time. :) Sheesh that was a long patch, but it works! I mean, I can't see a damn thing because it's night, and I shot my gun to make sure the graphics were working (they are, the gunshot lighted things up quite nicely), but it works! And now I need to go to bed. Bah!

Thanks for all your help. Patching to the latest version is the equivalent of technical support telling you to turn your computer off and on, I should have known. What few mods I have experienced always bundled the latest patch in too. Guess I took that for granted.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Thanks for all your help. Patching to the latest version is the equivalent of technical support telling you to turn your computer off and on, I should have known. What few mods I have experienced always bundled the latest patch in too. Guess I took that for granted.
    Yeh, I completely overlooked that :P Glad Wolf could help you.

You probably don't want to start playing in the dark anyway; it is pretty frickin' dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Way ahead of you this time. :) Sheesh that was a long patch, but it works! I mean, I can't see a damn thing because it's night, and I shot my gun to make sure the graphics were working (they are, the gunshot lighted things up quite nicely), but it works! And now I need to go to bed. Bah!

Glad you got it working. Not only can you now play DayZ with our lovely ARPS community and on our mumble channel (see the subforum for details), you can safely join our ranks in the regular session as well!

Apparently Rocket (the dude behind this) can be contacted to guide a brave admin through the procedure of hooking a server up to the supporting apps and central metaserver mechanisms of DayZ.

Still dark. I'm tempted to go for it anyway but I can't see more than a few feet in front of me, so spotting landmarks without a map or flashlight is impossible. Hope when daylight rolls around I'll be able to find at least one of the two in time.

My camera's microphone also seemed to turn on by itself, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Drake: check your inventory and if you have any, use road flares. F to cycle to them, throw them on the ground then go over to them and use the action menu to pick them up. It makes aiming almost impossible, but it's a lot easier to see.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

I'm not very good at the inventory. Accidently dropped my bag and can't pick it up again. :(

Edit: Ok, the game decided to be merciful and spawned me with my bag back, and it's almost morning in-game. Spotted someone running with a flare and followed. The guy did spot me but ignored, and then spontaneously died then and there. I lied prone expecting some hidden sniper, realised he'd probably respawned, then crawled up to his corpse and took his stuff. Now I'm loaded down with food, water, ammo, and even medicine. Score!
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 20-04-2012 at 10:37 AM.

On the EU2 server near a little village/town called Kamehka full to the brim with zombies. There's a pillar of fire behind me, planes all over the ground, and the chatter indicates one or two people have taken those to harass players. Chaos!

I doubt I can handle this town by myself. Maybe I should look for barns or something,

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Stop playing this before I get a chance to!

Is it good?

Ok I think the server restarted or something. All the planes have gone. I did my best Solid Snake impression and followed the coastline on the outskirts of the town, chewing my lip as I quietly crawled past a wandering zombie more than once. After a short run I climbed atop a lighthouse to see what lay ahead whilst munching my beans and water. Looks like a small group of warehouses, a more viable target than the town at least.

Server's closed now, time for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Stop playing this before I get a chance to!

Is it good?
    You know those text-based zombie games everybody gets into at some point because the very idea of group survival is so damn appealing? This is a 3D version of that. In other words, yeah, it's good!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Try and get hold of a pack of chemlights or a flashlight if you want to play at night. Chemlights burn for an hour and can't be seen unless someone is very close to you, whereas flares can be seen from hundreds of metres and will attract all sorts of nasty people. They give you enough light to travel by, and you can throw flares ahead of you if you need to light up an area without lighting up yourself.

Network Hub
    I must admit this is looking might interesting. I actually have a copy of Arma 2 that I've never even downloaded; as a complete newbie to the game would you reckon it's worth forking over 15 for OA just so I can play this mod? And will it be a massive pain to try and learn the controls without having played Arma before?

I got ARMA2 when it was free on GreenManGaming. But how much does it cost to upgrade to the expansion from that one?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    I must admit this is looking might interesting. I actually have a copy of Arma 2 that I've never even downloaded; as a complete newbie to the game would you reckon it's worth forking over 15 for OA just so I can play this mod? And will it be a massive pain to try and learn the controls without having played Arma before?
    First of all shame on you for having a copy and never playing it!

Second, I don't get the complaints for the controls. It is a bit complicated for the SP (cause you have to use buttons and menus to order around friendly AI) but MP is not that hard to figure out the controls.

Third, I don't know if it's worth buying OA just for this mod but it's surely worth it to join in on the fun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...?12-Arma-Forum

@Quantacat: seems around 15 euros (https://store.bistudio.com/military-simulations-games) which is nothing if you like the game and want to play the MP. It's the only MP game I ve stuck to for more than 2-3 months. See the Arma2 forums above for more info.

Obscure Node
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to the EU2 server? I've been kicked out thanks to getting "connection lost" 2 times the last hour. Now I can't even find any of the EU servers in the browser...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Siba123 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to the EU2 server? I've been kicked out thanks to getting "connection lost" 2 times the last hour. Now I can't even find any of the EU servers in the browser...
    Before the servers went down an admin said there was a bug that needed to be fixed. The updates seem to by flying thick and fast at the minute, so be extra careful you haven't missed one, or you might get kicked/not be able to join at all.

In other news, I totally found a car xD