Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    So do we have to download the files from Mediafire and redo everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    In other news, I totally found a car xD
    Pick me up, I'll pay you in beans!

Obscure Node
    Yikes! Yeah, that's some real fast patching-uppering. I'm impressed.

The servers aren't really playable right now. People are getting teleported back to where they started, zombies are running inside the ground, etc. Hope things get sorted soon. I did meet one guy who was out of ammo and being chased by the disembodied zombies. I eliminated the trouble and slipped him some ammo while he patched me up, but we got separated almost immediately afterwards when more zombies materialised out of a hill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Does Arma go on sale frequently? I don't have a lot of interest in the base game, to be honest. *Booo!* *Hissss* But I really want to play this mod. $30 is a little steep perhaps.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    as a complete newbie to the game would you reckon it's worth forking over 15 for OA just so I can play this mod? And will it be a massive pain to try and learn the controls without having played Arma before?
    I'll put my neck on the line and say yes, I think it is worth it. Of course, its still Alpha, there are lots of issues and because its being developed as we speak, there are definitely going to be new and even more frustrating problems in the future. If you heap learning the game on top of all of that, it would be very easy for you to get overwhelmed and just RQ > Uninstall.

The decision, I am afraid, is yours :p

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Pick me up, I'll pay you in beans!
    It needed repairing alas. Also, it was on the American server (as the EU servers were down at the time) and vehicles don't seem to be saved over servers.

We also totally found a chopper on EU 2, but then it disappeared after a server restart. Gutted, in the truest sense of the word :(

I'm already imagining far into the future where a player-made military camp is established and human leaders send the recruits out on supply runs while experienced soldiers take choppers to hunt down renegades or rescue trapped groups.

it looks like lots of fun, but I dont know if its worth 14-15. Especially with Mass Effect 3 on the side.

Also, if I just bought operation arrowhead, it would work, right? or does Combined Ops have something I need?
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 20-04-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Add faction war, strategic objectives/resources and diplomacy and I shall be interested. Also, better zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I'm already imagining far into the future where a player-made military camp is established and human leaders send the recruits out on supply runs while experienced soldiers take choppers to hunt down renegades or rescue trapped groups.
    Oh my goodness. I hadn't considered this, despite the word "persistent." How persistent is this, currently? Is the server resetting frequently as they update?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Oh my goodness. I hadn't considered this, despite the word "persistent." How persistent is this, currently? Is the server resetting frequently as they update?
    As far as I know, the only intended resets will be Alpha, Beta and Release. Apart from that everyone should retain their characters, equipment, vehicles and what not.

You could technically set up your own faction right now, its just there is nothing gameplay wise to aid that so it would be rather difficult to pull off :P

Are resources finite? I.e. could there potentially be fighting over the five cars that happen to still work? Or the one assault rifle?

Oh, also, when I eventually do play this, I'm going to be this guy:
    the-walking-dead-the-governor.jpg

Network Hub
    Just had a look at the Leaderboards on www.dayzmod.com and there is a gentleman by the name of John Walker with 42 deaths.

Coincidence? :P
    Last edited by Web Cole; 20-04-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Was playing this earlier (With Drake around actually)

Totally love it, can't wait for the servers to be patched up a bit and running smooth again :)

My only complaint is that the servers fill up VERY fast, so you have to spam the Join option over and over
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Also, why no rps server?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    WOW! I hated Arma 2 because I don't like sims, but this is compelling.

Might just give it a go.

I killed someone. Why did I do that? The guy logged in round a wall that I happened to be hiding behind. I peeked through a gap in the fence to see his back was turned and squeezed the trigger. He went down like a sack of potatoes, and I looted his corpse.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!

You are the walking dead.

it would be fun if you could play the dead.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Another update today. The servers are still very shaky but the mod is at least playable again. Boy this becomes a very different game during the night. I spent the last hour following flares, never actually managing to catch up to whoever set them. I was beginning to think the Blair Witch was screwing with me until I heard gunshots up ahead, shortly followed by screams.

I wisely got the hell out of there.

Night time in game becomes VERY creepy at times. Hearing the zeds around you, realise you've walking into a tree for 10 mins, following the odd flare or sounds of gunfire...

Damn it's made me jump more times than anything :D
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.