Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

Awesome Xbox/PS2/6TH gen consoles only games that deserves PC port

From Xbox:

And many more.

Which 6th gen console games do you wish for the PC?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Black. It has better physics and destruction than most modern games. It looks surprisingly good too despite the low resolution.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Ace Combat for Playstation. Not happen for the decision to make this franchise console exclusive, and 4, 5 and Zero are simply Playstation 2 exclusive. We all see how great it would be to have online gameplay for this franchise, yet Playstation 2 is not known for performing great on online functionality - which may be owing to other factors than PS2 hardware itself, as Sony didnt really appreciate the potential of online gaming before the entrance of Xbox. Only Zero has split screen competitive multiplayer.

Kingdoms under Fires for Xbox. They should fix the control mechanism and bring it to PC.

Killzone for Playstation. Of course that won't happen since it's suppose to be Halo-killer. But it is a great shooter outstanding by itself, much better than those like COD.

Sakura War V: So Long, My Love for Playstation. err...... okay I admit I love ACG games. But hey, Sakura Wars is a really great franchise and dont let any of its installment miss PC porting.

Unreal Championship 2 for Xbox. For mysterious reasons this highly praised game didn't sell well. Some commented that it was overshadowed by other shooters with much simpler control mechanics, like Halo (that why I hate Halo SO MUCH). Anyway, Midway sucked in marketing so its demise isn't really a surprise, though it's a great loss to the industry with its great games. But, I know it sounds odd, but it plays really well with joypad, so well that I dont think it works that well on mouse+keyboard.

Far Cry Instinct for Xbox. Linearity is not necessarily a bad element for shooter, you know. It depends on how it is implemented. Plus, Fera is a great add-on for Far Cry game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 for Playstation. Especially the online game, I want it to be alive again.

Metal Wolf Chaos for Xbox. Richardddddddddddddddddddddddd~

Final Fantasy 10 and 12 for Playstation. FF12 is often negatively reviewed by the community, but to me, its real time gameplay is very an innovation, and it also brought the illusion of a borderless world.
    Last edited by squirrel; 19-04-2012 at 05:56 AM.

No love for TimeSplitters? Pretty solid considering it's a console game. Also, how come Goblin Commander didn't get PC port when it's an RTS?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Final Fantasy 10 and 12 for Playstation. FF12 is often negatively reviewed by the community, but to me, its real time gameplay is very an innovation, and it also brought the illusion of a borderless world.
    I'd take a FFXII reboot, please. And revert the story back to what it should have been and give me Airship battles. Kato did some pretty interesting stuff for the story and there should be three protags. Sadly, Squeenix wanted the fangirl audience so, what we got was Vaan.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    And revert the story back to what it should have been and give me Airship battles.
    Hey, airship battles! When I watched the trailers, I thought those would be gameplay. Trailers, even cinematic, should be taken as hints for gameplay. I felt missing something and the game is not complete without airship battle, because of the trailers.

And I know Vaan is not the most favorite character you will have in the game, but come to think of it, he is such a common folk you will come across in modern society, and even you and me can be a Vaan. He just happened to take the chance presented to him to be a great hero. Therefore you see all the weaknesses of a weak boy who dreams big. I even felt I saw my mirror image.

BTW can anyone recommend any games from GameCube? It seems GameCube is from another universe and no gamer in this world has any experience with me. It's not a popular platform even in East Asia.

Network Hub
    Cave: Espgaluda, Ketsui, Mushihimesama and everything else they have ever published.
    Clover: God Hand, Okami.
    Capcom: Resident Evil 4. I mean a remake, with good quality control, and graphics redone from the ground up, not the crap that was the original port and actually managed to have worse textures than some console versions.
    Platinum: Bayonetta, Vanquish.
    Sega: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown.
    Team Ninja: Ninja Gaiden games.
    From Software: Demon's Souls.
    Housemarque: Super Stardust HD.

I own many of these games already - not all - but would gladly buy or re-buy them on PC for additional quality, to be able to ditch my old consoles and to not have to buy new consoles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I would love to see Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1+2 for PC.

I love the games in co-op - but they feel so very, very clumsy on the console.

Also, Bayonetta would be awesome.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Persona 4. That is all.

Though I do really like playing it on my couch.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of naïveté. It's naïveté turned inside-out. Naïveté wearing a sneer." -Momus

Network Hub
    Would agree with VF coming to PC, I think it's the one fighting game series that could really make the genre take off on the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I would love to see Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1+2 for PC.
    First one I know it is for pc (I played it) the second one I'm quite sure it had a pc version but haven't played it so I can't confirm with 100% certainty.

In the same vein I'd love to see X-Men Legends 1 on the PC. XML2 was fantastic.

EDIT: After a quick search seems that MUA2 wasn't released on PC.
    Last edited by Tikey; 19-04-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Really? That's actually good news, but I've never found or saw the PC version anywhere, so I (foolishly, maybe) assumed it didn't exist. :D
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mainly all the Team Ico ones:
    Ico, Shadow of the Collossus, etc..

Plus all the zelda and metroid(fps) games.

Pikmin 2 wants a mouse, damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Really? That's actually good news, but I've never found or saw the PC version anywhere, so I (foolishly, maybe) assumed it didn't exist. :D
    Physical copies are almost impossible to get nowadays. I wish I could get a lot of Activision's old games in a download service. One can only hope gog will get to it sometime in the future.

War of The Monsters because c'mon devs, would you at least give the PC a chance for this awesomeness?

Who doesn't wan't to be a 50-foot Gorilla cyborg/Mantis mutant fighting Maginzer Z clones or giant, reverse-engineered death bots from a cheesy 50s sci-fi movie? And you got a fucking Godzilla clone and electrical cyclops in there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Pikmin 2 wants a mouse, damnit!
    This. This so much...

Activated Node
    Speaking of Capcom, they might as well bring Viewtiful Joe and Marvel vs Capcom while they're at it.

The King's Field games were made for keyboard and mouse.

Kingdoms under Fires for Xbox. They should fix the control mechanism and bring it to PC.
    There is a PC version of the new game coming. But the developers make Valve and Blizzard seem positively frantic.
    Last edited by Bhazor; 19-04-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    No love for TimeSplitters? Pretty solid considering it's a console game. Also, how come Goblin Commander didn't get PC port when it's an RTS?

I'd take a FFXII reboot, please. And revert the story back to what it should have been and give me Airship battles. Kato did some pretty interesting stuff for the story and there should be three protags. Sadly, Squeenix wanted the fangirl audience so, what we got was Vaan.
    Skies of Arcadia if you want Airship battles.

To me, console games are developed with a controller input, UI based on controller and TVs, and limitations of power from the console. I end up getting most consoles when I can so eventually I have access to most games I would want. I like my keyboard/mouse setup for PC and have not had a controller for my PC since the 90s (other than joystick, gotta be able to pivot in my Mech.) Although I do enjoy the compatibility that comes to PC, the ability to configure and mod, and longer lasting multiplayer (RIP Xbox 1 LIVE).

Xbox 1: Crimson Skies, Phantom Dust (so that I could still play them online)
    Dreamcast: Alien Front Online, PSO 1, Power Stone 2
    PS3: Demon's Souls, that could have player run servers for the online component. MAG, battlefield 3 alternative with different twists on conquest mode. (Can still play it, but might get a larger audience on PC)
    DS: Advance Wars. Email type mode, much like M.A.N 2 has. Same for any turn-based strategy really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I second Persona 4. So weird and cool.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

BTW can anyone recommend any games from GameCube? It seems GameCube is from another universe and no gamer in this world has any experience with me. It's not a popular platform even in East Asia.
    Eternal Darkness, first Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Zelda Wind Waker, Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metroid Prime 1&2 (tho released on Wii), P.N. 03, Pikmin 1&2, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, Rogue Squadron 2&3, Tale of Symphonia (later on PS2), Super Monkey Ball 1&2, Wario Ware (Why isn't game on Facebook???, Nintendo slacking), Baten Kaitos 1&2, Cubivore (now this needs to be ported to Minecraft), Paper Mario, Zelda 4 Swords, Geist, Fire Emblem, Odama, Chibi-Robo.

Now, if they deserve a PC port, up to you.