Page 1 of 167 1231151101 ... LastLast

What TV shows are you watching?

I've only recently finished watching The Sopranos. Yeah I know, I'm late to the party... but yeah, utterly fantastic show and I'll miss it a lot. Also watching Game of Thrones, and soon I'm planning to give Boardwalk Empire a whirl, even though I've heard a lot of negative things about it. Can't wait for Breaking Bad to come back next month.

How about you?

Obscure Node
    Game of Thrones here, too. Working my way through Six Feet Under, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Star Trek: TNG at the same time though. Not sure where the negativity about Boardwalk would come from, as what I've seen of it has been pretty good.

Activated Node
    I'm about two thirds of the way through the first series of 24 so I'm in the same slow boat. I really loved the first few hours but am now finding it pretty dull. Is there any good reason why I should try watching any other season if I don't like the first?

I finished watching Smallville a little while ago. It ended with a hugely disappointing whimper unfortunately but I had really enjoyed some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    Game of Thrones here, too. Working my way through Six Feet Under, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Star Trek: TNG at the same time though. Not sure where the negativity about Boardwalk would come from, as what I've seen of it has been pretty good.
    It sounds good. I've just heard people complain about how slow and dull it supposedly is, and it not being fully believable for the time it's set in. But it's got a very good pedigree so I'll definitely be giving it a chance.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidian View Post
    It sounds good. I've just heard people complain about how slow and dull it supposedly is, and it not being fully believable for the time it's set in. But it's got a very good pedigree so I'll definitely be giving it a chance.
    I can see the believability being an issue, but a bit of belief-suspension can deal with that. It is very slow, but I think that's just the hallmark of people watchign HBO- I've heard the same complaints levied at The Wire and Sopranos. But I guess the only way to find out is to try it yourself man :)

Of stuff that's on TV just now I watch Doctor Who, Have I Got News For You and The Apprentice. In terms of stuff I watch every episode of I think that's it...

I've got the DVD of the last four episodes of The Thick of It to watch out from Lovefilm so I'll get them watched and then be disappointed that there's no more. Next TV show I need to make a start on is either The Wire or The Sopranos.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Of stuff that's on TV just now I watch Doctor Who...
    What do you think of the latest series?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EndelNurk View Post
    I'm about two thirds of the way through the first series of 24 so I'm in the same slow boat. I really loved the first few hours but am now finding it pretty dull. Is there any good reason why I should try watching any other season if I don't like the first?

Yeah, the first series is a bit hit and miss, with kim and the mother story lines being a bit crap.

The second series is really good. I would say watch up to series 4 or 5 then sack it off. Some great telly there but it dragged on.

Castle, House, Stargate: Universe. Game of Thrones when it's complete (I hate waiting a week for the next episode).

24's another one I ought to catch up. Watched the first series (on DVD) and enjoyed but just never got around to going for the next series.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Obscure Node
    I'm actually rewatching Jericho right now. I also watch Game of Thrones when I can but I have to download the episodes so it's irregularly. When I am in the mood for something funny I usually resort to Psych or Community.

Well not much right now, everything's on Summer Break other than Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

Just finished watching Space: Above and Beyond for the first time in years, that hasn't aged well...but it's still quite good. Apart from that last episode.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Watching Garrow's Law series 1, It's Garry Shandling's Show season 2, Quantum Leap season 2, Enterprise season 1, Leverage season 3, One Piece episode 490 whatever, Primeval series 4. Plan to watch Outcasts sometime, and waiting for Eureka to start back up.

First season of The Borgias just wrapped up a couple weeks ago. That's some good television. Watching Game of Thrones and it's getting better each week. Looking forward to Breaking Bad and Top Gear.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    and waiting for Eureka to start back up.
    I cannot wait for Eureka to start back up, I am a bit pissed that it doesn't start untill mid July though.

Quote Originally Posted by EndelNurk View Post
    The first season is the best by far. Don't watch the others if you don't like that one.

Obscure Node
    Game of Thrones, Modern Family, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, The Borgias, Sons of Anarchy

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I cannot wait for Eureka to start back up, I am a bit pissed that it doesn't start untill mid July though.
    SighFie has the screwiest seasons for Eureka and Warehouse 13. Let's split the episodes over two years and call it season 4.

Game of Thrones and Doctor Who at the moment. I tried The Shadow Line but it was quite boring to be honest. I wanted to watch Psychonaughts but I didn't see the first series so I didn't think I could watch it without getting very confused.

Finishing another run of Star Trek DS9, good to see another Trek fan in the form of Selesnya although I haven't seen any of the other shows you have. Jimmy and I are 2/4 with Jericho (Great show) and Community (The funniest show).

The vibe I get from this thread is that I need to watch Game of Thrones right away, although I detested the first book and couldn't get more than ~150 pages into it.