Page 26 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yes i pirate game of thrones because there is no other way to watch it and i dont see why i have to wait a year to watch it on dvd.

And so I've finally finished The Wire. What a show. Sort of sad that I've finished it, but I shall move onto to catching up on other old TV shows that I never watched at the time.

Next up I'll do The Sopranos, I think.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Done through seven episodes of the second season of Game of Thrones. It's pretty much your average, shitty, American soap opera gone medieval and more stabby stabby.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Done through seven episodes of the second season of Game of Thrones. It's pretty much your average, shitty, American soap opera gone medieval and more stabby stabby.
    Earlier from the thread: -

From what I've been hearing it was the worst episode by far, full of cliffhangers and butchering the source material to a bloody pulp.
    kind of get the impression you were going in for the 'hatin' anyway tbh.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    kind of get the impression you were going in for the 'hatin' anyway tbh.
    Oh, shut up. I'll make a big fat post when I'm done with season 2, we'll discuss it then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Oh, shut up. I'll make a big fat post when I'm done with season 2, we'll discuss it then.
    Tbf why would you watch 10 hours worth of a show you dislike, unless it was to posture about it on an internet forum or in the popular vernacular - 'hate' on it.
    Last edited by Jockie; 13-06-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm disappointed by the lack of talk about Mad Men in here! Whilst I thought the fifth season finale, the one that recently aired, wasn't a great season finale, it was certainly a good episode and good enough at least to round off another excellent season of the show. Basically, more people need to watch Mad Men. With that done for a little bit though, I'm going to eventually indulge myself and start on the first season of Breaking Bad I've had on disc since December (the same time I had Mad Men, as it goes). The problem is, I also have an itching to go back to Farscape and continue where I left-off my re-watch, at the start of season 3.

On top of that, I've just introduced my friend to Community, so we're going through season one of that. Blimey. Shame about that one is that the second season isn't out on DVD until late September when the new season of other shows come out. Of course, I've finished uni, so I'll have plenty of spare time on my hands...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @Jockie Because I haven't got much else to do and enjoy watching medieval tits? Also, since I've already read the novel it's based on, it's fun comparing how various scenes of the book have been depicted for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I'm disappointed by the lack of talk about Mad Men in here! Whilst I thought the fifth season finale, the one that recently aired, wasn't a great season finale, it was certainly a good episode and good enough at least to round off another excellent season of the show. Basically, more people need to watch Mad Men. With that done for a little bit though, I'm going to eventually indulge myself and start on the first season of Breaking Bad I've had on disc since December (the same time I had Mad Men, as it goes).
    Man men is the kind of show that requires it's own thread tbh JG. I really enjoyed this season, but was too complex a show in terms of the various interactions and the dynamics at play between the characters to really summarize in a couple of paragraphs. All I'd say is that Megan and Dons days are numbered because she made the fatal mistake of getting him to fix her dreams and there's nothing that turns Don off than when he feels he's being used.

No. You already set out your lot regarding the show before you started watching. The show is an adaptation of the books, not the books made flesh. All you will do is bemoan what they didn't do and endlessly diminish what they did. Even with the best will in the world and the wealth of Midas no one would be able to encapsulate the sheer enormity and magnitude of the books because it's a lot easier to have a cast of hundreds on the written page Vs the real world of television budgets and jobbing actors.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    No. You already set out your lot regarding the show before you started watching. The show is an adaptation of the books, not the books made flesh. All you will do is bemoan what they didn't do and endlessly diminish what they did. Even with the best will in the world and the wealth of Midas no one would be able to encapsulate the sheer enormity and magnitude of the books because it's a lot easier to have a cast of hundreds on the written page Vs the real world of television budgets and jobbing actors.
    Not at all. I first watched season one before picking up the books because I enjoyed watching the show. I neither demand nor expect the books to be treated as the script. Deviation from what the storyline is in the books is not a negative for me.

Not at all. I first watched season one before picking up the books because I enjoyed watching the show. I neither demand nor expect the books to be treated as the script. Deviation from what the storyline is in the books is not a negative for me.

From what I've been hearing it was the worst episode by far, full of cliffhangers and butchering the source material to a bloody pulp.

Probable Replicant

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I heard people saying that the second season was wildly different from the books. From what I've seen, the show does deviate quite a bit from the source material but I don't consider it to be an issue. I made that post because I wanted you guys' opinion on that bit of critique, that's it.

I think Dany's story was more interesting in the show, with the exception of the House of the Undying. But I don't know how they could've shown everything in there AND resolved the Qarth plotline all in time for her sailing adventures. I think having Khal Drogo back was quite a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    I think Dany's story was more interesting in the show, with the exception of the House of the Undying. But I don't know how they could've shown everything in there AND resolved the Qarth plotline all in time for her sailing adventures. I think having Khal Drogo back was quite a good move.
    Short of casting ahead of time (and tying actors down to future series) there was really no way that they could of shown any prophesy stuff tbh. Essentially the Warlocks we're attempting to beguile Dany by making her succumb to their illusions firstly of securing the iron throne and secondly of being reunited with Khal Drogo and her (unborn) son. The way I read the snow and ice is that it represented her resistance to the illusions as she knew something wasn't right, and the call of her Dragons kept reminding her so and subsequently she was able tobreak free of them. Given their attempts to keep her in a mental cage had failed the Warlocks were left with the only over option open to them, namely to physically bind her but of course they failed to account for the fact that she could control her dragons.

Probable Replicant

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Yeah, although I was sad about Doreah.

Depressingly I only realised after the series but the other key reason for the plot they introduced was good ole money. It stopped them having to pay for mucho visual FX shots of the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by venimealo View Post
    Im watching Suits Pretty cool series. IS there anybody else
    Yup, I enjoy it. Its not the best thing ever but its an amusing enough way to spend 40mins

A belated thank you to whoever it was in this thread who recommended 2010's Terriers. Loved it, absolutely terrific show. Shame it got canned after Season 1. If you liked Justified, The Shield, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy (back when it was still good), do seek this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    A belated thank you to whoever it was in this thread who recommended 2010's Terriers. Loved it, absolutely terrific show. Shame it got canned after Season 1. If you liked Justified, The Shield, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy (back when it was still good), do seek this out.
    Year Terriers was great, real shame it got canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Depressingly I only realised after the series but the other key reason for the plot they introduced was good ole money. It stopped them having to pay for mucho visual FX shots of the dragons.
    TBF the show has a budget of $70 million a season which is a lot more than most shows get. However when you've got on location shooting and hundreds of extras as well as several principal cast there are limits on what you can do.

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I didnt like most of danys storyline to be honest later on since it became a little one note. Im going to be rulrer and then wheres my dragons. The only bright spot was creepy magic dude and a lot more interesting black dude.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Ultimate Spider-Man. I don't watch many cartoons any more, but I'm loving this. Plus J K Simmons as J Jonah Jameson! The man does good rant.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

I've been watching Longmire, the new detective show with Katee Sackhoff. Seems pretty watchable, nothing groundbreaking but decent enough.

Much more importantly: Futurama starts again this week \o/

Finally, was thinking about Krod Mandoon this week. Did anyone else watch it? It was rubbish but in a good way. "JOY! My pagan goat pants". Wish it had been given another series.