Page 29 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Breaking Bad remains magnificent.

Currently watching the first season of Archer, laughing every step of the way. I also have to throw myself on the Breaking Bad is brilliant wave, very interested in where they're going with season 5.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    ...danger zone.

I finished up season 4 of Breaking Bad earlier. Hoooooooly shit. Those last few episodes are insane, but that last one was just something else entirely. Gonna catch up tomorrow, then move onto season 2 of Archer. From there, the world is my oyster.

Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

So, Black Mirror:

Episode 1: Ridiculous, but then so is the news. I probably would have given up on the show, but the question of "Will it actually happen?" was enough to keep me going. Which I suppose was really the point of the whole thing.

Episode 2: Had a bit of a Sci-Fi Original feel to it, but a little closer to the mark than the first.

Episode 3: Holy shit, get this team making movies now.

Coincidentally, I've been watching a lot of The Twilight Zone recently.

Fishing With John is now on Netflix Watch Instantly (can they please roll out a less cumbersome title? Qwikster was stupid as shit but at least it saved me keystrokes). My life is complete.

I'm watching series 4 of 24. It's good in a mindless way. It's at its best when they aren't trying to fabricate drama and tension between CTU employees. It's hilarious that everyone can find time to talk about their relationships when the next apocalypse is less than three hours distant, but it's also rather boring.

The two main lessons I'm taking away from the series:

1) foreigners are evil
    2) it's okay to torture anyone at the drop of a hat
    Last edited by Dubbill; 27-07-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    ...danger zone.

I finished up season 4 of Breaking Bad earlier. Hoooooooly shit. Those last few episodes are insane, but that last one was just something else entirely. Gonna catch up tomorrow, then move onto season 2 of Archer. From there, the world is my oyster.

It's the only show where you're at the edge of the couch/chair from suspense.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I've exhausted Netflix's supply of Archer and Bob's Burgers alas, so now I'm watching Monk, around two episodes a day. It's OCD-Columbo!

Also, after recently getting into ArmA 2, I wanted some tactical military watching; Egg651 recommended Generation Kill (by those who did The Wire). I'm thoroughly enjoying it - very impressive objective-esque portrayal of the soldiers. No black-and-white good and bad guys, just bloody shades of grey throughout.

I've yet to watch The Wire, but it's on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I don't know there is something about Futurama that seems to be missing from before and I can't really put my finger on what really, its still quite funny but I think it has lost something.
    Precisely. Seasons 1 to 5 were non-stop brilliance, but since then it just seems like they don't capture the same humour any more, almost as if it's become too self-aware. There have been a few excellent episodes from Season 6, but Season 7 has me a little disappointed so far.
    Last edited by Eophasmus; 27-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.

The most reason season of Futurama I watched about three episodes and then just gave up. I think I laughed about twice during those episodes.

Anyway, I've made a start on the Sopranos but during lunch breaks at work I've been using 4od to blitz through Peep Show. Series 1 was good, series 2 and 3 were brilliant, series 4 was still pretty good while the stories got increasingly silly and series 5 I've only watched one episode thus far. Bit worried that this will be the tipping point to be honest. Not many comedies get to the point where they're hitting a peak of fairly daft stories while managing to maintain the funnies. Hope to be proven wrong, of course.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    There's an episode in the 6th series where there's a plot-line revolving around a boiler. You just reached a camp before the incline starts up again. Peep Show is thoroughly excellent.