Page 33 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I've been watching Community. The second season hit a bit of a slump (and had me wondering why the show receives so much praise) but Season 3 is paying off in spades with Michael K. Williams and "Remedial Chaos Theory".
    I just finished Season 3 myself - it scratches the sitcom itch perfectly. I'll admit to having an almost elitist attitude to easily digestible American sitcoms in the past, but Community reminded me that there's always a place for a well-written one. I find the underlying optimism comforting, like a warm bath, or somebody saying "Everything's gonna be okay".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I thought the first series of Strike Back was enjoyable hogwash but gave up on the second series about three episodes in. haven't bothered with this one.

Yesterday's Doctor Who was a pleasant surprise. I was certain that an episode called "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" was going to be a one-note joke and a bit of a shitfest episode but in spite of the Amy/hunter chap/Nefertiti scenes being a bit shit it was largely entertaining.

It was Walder Frey (and Argus Filch), no?
    It was yeah, didn't even know that haha, could barely remember Frey from the show so he resembled Balon somewhat.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2.

Six Feet Under, also known as the Best Show Ever.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Back when they were on TV at the same time, I could never which was which between that and Dead Like Me...

Finally got around to watching Arrested Development. Brilliance, and fun seeing so many Archer cast members in real life.

Also, Sons Of Anarchy 5x01 - Holy fuck, is Harold Perrinaues' character evil as all fucking hell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    While I did enjoy last weeks Dr Who I do hope the ditch the terrible innuendo this week, commenting on your own cringe-worthy dialogue doesn't excuse it folks!

Also it seems that every series of Dr Who they hint that the Doctor is in danger of becoming merciless or showing a darker side or whatever (they did it last week) but they never, ever seem to actually go anywhere with it. Hopefully this season they'll do so rather than alluding to it and forgetting about it a few episodes down the line.

Tonight's' Dr. Who is the one with Ben Browder (John Crichton of Farscape) so it will probably be amazing based on that fact alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Finally caught up to Doctor Who with all three episodes. 1st one i quite liked good job with the daleks doing something a bit different this episode though when the doctors did get to the asylum i did wonder that there isnt much for the daleks to be scared of really lovely cinematography and lighting as well. The female character was the same female character that we see from Moffet which is getting annoying to be honest but it was a decent twist but not something you couldnt get because i got it half way through.

2nd one was fluff with a bit of a darkish ending for the doctor i dont think ive seen modern doctor who kill someone like that it was the same in the first episode. Filch was probably the best one in it.

Wow was the third one good and no surprise because its Toby Whitfield writing it. The moral dilemma in it was pretty damn fine and it did leave you guessing about the Doctor and now those two things in previous eps make sense good continuity there. Loved the western feel. Is it me though or is the companions just losing there purpose a little bit i will miss Rory but Amy has just no reason left to be in the show anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Could not get into this series at all. It's just another soap opera to me. With swearing.
    Last edited by mashakos; 16-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

I actually thought the most recent episode of Doctor Who was the weakest of the series. (Spoilers, of course.) The ten minutes or so between The Doctor finding out what Jex had done and almost handing him over the gunslinger were very good, the clunky summing up of the moral dilemma by the characters present aside. And the setting was fantastic too, but otherwise the episode really didn't do anything for me. The Rory/Amy thing has, for me, been done a bit fast, their storyline feels a bit crammed into the first few episodes so they can get their finale in place in a couple of weeks' time. One of Whithouse's weaker episodes I feel though probably still better than Vampires of Venice.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Finally caught up to Doctor Who with all three episodes. 1st one i quite liked good job with the daleks doing something a bit different this episode though when the doctors did get to the asylum i did wonder that there isnt much for the daleks to be scared of really lovely cinematography and lighting as well. The female character was the same female character that we see from Moffet which is getting annoying to be honest but it was a decent twist but not something you couldnt get because i got it half way through.

2nd one was fluff with a bit of a darkish ending for the doctor i dont think ive seen modern doctor who kill someone like that it was the same in the first episode. Filch was probably the best one in it.

Wow was the third one good and no surprise because its Toby Whitfield writing it. The moral dilemma in it was pretty damn fine and it did leave you guessing about the Doctor and now those two things in previous eps make sense good continuity there. Loved the western feel. Is it me though or is the companions just losing there purpose a little bit i will miss Rory but Amy has just no reason left to be in the show anymore.
    Amy and Rory just happen to stroll behind him, doing nothing to really help. It's strange they didn't go with a new companion from the start.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Well that was different.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Guys, it was good knowing you but skynet has finally developed an sentience, it's starting with me and follows it up with the American Civilization. We're doomed.

Anyone catch Republic yet?

Minor spoilers

Basically the electricity goes off, kids can't watch cartoons or use their iphones. Society breaks down, republics rise up and militias go around beating people up. Quests involving usb sticks ensue and there is a possible subplot involving ice-cream. Everyone still manages to look good though

Also there are swords and Giancarlo Esposito is in it.

fairly standard post- global catastrophe stuff, but there's a good amount of action and if they can stay away from family relations stuff (falling skies) it might prove to be a decent watch.

If anyone has seen it, Is the flooded open-cast mine and the runis in the ruins in the next scene, from the walking dead?

Finally Parks&Rec is back on this week, all will be good once again.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Watched the first episode of Last Resort on Hulu, apparently ahead of airing on the terebi.

Spoilers?: Point is that a futuristic U.S. submarine crew must go rogue. But then they park, and I'd much rather watch a show about them traveling the world, never quite finding safe haven, then watch one about them staying in once place. The characters just aren't interesting enough to play it like Lost.

Middling and ham-fisted, but I'd watch a few episodes more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bracket View Post
    Anyone catch Republic yet?
    Revolution...

and yeah. because of your post i just saw it. Nice action, it seems its gonna concentrate more on swords and bow/crossbow fights than guns. (although soldiers do carry modern weapons)
    really liked the pilot. will watch more and hopefully the series is successful.

Activated Node
    Pretty sure it's already been mentioned, but just finished watching all of Breaking Bad and still working my way through the back catalog of House MD...

Obscure Node
    Currently watching Breaking Bad too.

I'm on series 3 of Children's Hospital. It's hilarious.