Page 37 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Have been watching Castle, starting at the first series, while I complete online coursework. I do not normally enjoy police and murder procedurals. And if I could cut the dead bodies out of the show I'd like it better. But the characters and their byplay are enjoyable, and Nathan Fillion is just so oddly charismatic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was watching DR who for about 5 episodes and then it seems to have taken a break until Christmas?! what the hell?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    I was watching DR who for about 5 episodes and then it seems to have taken a break until Christmas?! what the hell?
    Erm...It's done that every year since they reprised the series.

I'm currently watching the new seasons of Dexter and Boardwalk Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I assume he means specifically the fact that this is a mid-series break.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    As Who fans are a special breed that have developed improved sense of patience.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    This season of Castle has been really enjoyable so far. I feel like they've gone back to the feel of season 1, which was murder is bad, but solving it can be fun! Something that got a little bit pushed to the side as the show went on, especially last season which seems more concerned on being a serious detective show. They've got the chops for it, but it works far better when it's clearly having more fun and playing on the tropes. For example, last week's conclusion was hilarious with Castle finally getting to say that [spoiler]the butler did it![/spoiler]

Other than that, it's great to have Fresh Meat back on TV, as well as Have I Got News For You, which I thought was very brave for side-lining a lot of the comedy in exchange for discussing the Saville issue. There's also the most recent The Thick Of It which was thoroughly excellent.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Breaking Bad sure is something special. Wish season 4 had come today so I could indulge myself further. Thinking of watching Deadwood yet, I know it didn't get a complete run but I've heard it's good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Breaking Bad sure is something special. Wish season 4 had come today so I could indulge myself further. Thinking of watching Deadwood yet, I know it didn't get a complete run but I've heard it's good.
    Deadwood is worth watching for Ian McShane alone. The third season definitely takes a drop in quality (and interest) but it does have a great villain.

I've only seen the first season of Deadwood, and it was quite good.

Any recommendations on good comedy shows? (exclude those with a laugh track, please)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    I've only seen the first season of Deadwood, and it was quite good.

Any recommendations on good comedy shows? (exclude those with a laugh track, please)
    Community
    Modern Family
    Archer
    The Ricky Gervais Show
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Community
    Archer
    I'll back up those. Haven't seen the others to comment. There's also Arrested Development. If you like any one of these three, there's a good chance you'll like the other two. If you like Community, I'd like to recommend the British sitcom Spaced. Whilst it does have live laughing (as it's filmed in front of an audience), if you like all of the above, check out Black Books.