Page 39 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Erm...It's done that every year since they reprised the series.
    Has it always been that big a break though. I wouldn't know as I burned through most of the new series online to get up to date. But 5 episodes and then a 3 MONTH break and then one episode and then another big break doesn't seem to be a great way to get people involved in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    No your not kind of in Smallville terms its a teenage soup drama but if you do get through the first season it opens up in more mythology. I still think its a little to on the soapy side but it has interesting characters and gets a bit braver.

Last resort has become dissapointing it lost a lot of momentum spends time on soapy nonsense and doesnt have any balls to really put americans against americans. It should have been a mini series or a film.
    Last Resort is not very good at all since the first episode. this would've been better as a movie or mini-series. i just can't see this plot going further than 1 (good) season, but they'll stretch it out given the chance.
    666 Park Ave. also isn't very good. they rely on cheap scares for half the show.
    I thought i'd give these 2 shows a shot this year but have lost interest already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Smallville starts out as a Villain of the week show and later becomes more of a regular drama with a super powered dude, it's a fun show but don't expect it to be like the comics. Clark Kent is such a dick to everyone and always makes the wrong decisions it's often frustrating and Tom Welling isn't really putting down a likable character, though he's pretty good in playing Red Kryptonite effected Clark.

Although I watched all of it I thought it was a mediocre show with some high points and those high points were worth it, the episodes with the Teen Titans and Justice League were goofy but fun and Michael Rosenbaum, John Clover and James James Marsters were the best part of the show.

They have also Green Arrow played by Justin Heartly which is basically Batman.
    pretty much everything you talked about is why i wanted to watch the show. to see the Justice League stuff and Green Arrow.
    Think I might pass on this, but since i do have season 1, maybe i'll give it a shot if i'm bored one day. who knows, maybe i'll enjoy it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    666 Park Ave. also isn't very good. they rely on cheap scares for half the show.
    I thought i'd give these 2 shows a shot this year but have lost interest already.

Yes on 666 park avenue as well, I thought it could be a nice soul of the week see temptations and be a kind of maybe near Twilight Zone thing with the devil but it just falls back on soapyness and not very interesting storylines and characters. Not even Terry O Quinn can save the show.

Yes its rather disappointing this season to be honest...

The Walking Dead Season 2. I know, Im late to the party. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    The Thick of It inquiry episode was excellent. Looking forward to next week and finding out how one of the finest comedies of recent years will end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    [/COLOR]

Yes on 666 park avenue as well, I thought it could be a nice soul of the week see temptations and be a kind of maybe near Twilight Zone thing with the devil but it just falls back on soapyness and not very interesting storylines and characters. Not even Terry O Quinn can save the show.

Yes its rather disappointing this season to be honest...
    Park Avenue becomes a disappointment? Only watched the first so far and quite liked it.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Park Avenue becomes a disappointment? Only watched the first so far and quite liked it.
    well it's not terrible. i might finish the season at least since i'm recording the season with the 'ol dvr but i think it could be much better. without Terry on the show...i doubt i'd even bother watching it for real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

i agree with above poster its not terrible but its not great either its just ok...you can take it or leave it...

Just finished watching Buffy and Angel through on Lovefilm, currently forcing my way through Dollhouse. But it's just shit isn't it? I've got to the point where it supposedly changes for the better. But it's just become even more convoluted and full of plot holes that are unsatisfyingly explained through Science! a few episodes later.

The Thick of It is brilliant.

Other faves:

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
    Look Around You
    Help
    I'm Alan Partridge
    The Day Today

And thank you Nova Scotia for the gift of Trailer Park Boys:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mZbyg...%3DmZbygmWKpP8

HA! Trailer Park Boys is one of the best and funniest shows i've ever watched. have you seen the movies LeMonde? there are 3 different ones that you have to see if you haven't already.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace & Look Around You came on here in the states on Adult Swim. they didn't show many episodes but do show it occasionally. i didn't care for it personally. Adult Swim used to be just cartoons but they started getting into stuff like Tim & Eric and some other stuff which isn't that great imo. Children's Hospital is kinda funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    HA! Trailer Park Boys is one of the best and funniest shows i've ever watched. have you seen the movies LeMonde? there are 3 different ones that you have to see if you haven't already.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace & Look Around You came on here in the states on Adult Swim. they didn't show many episodes but do show it occasionally. i didn't care for it personally. Adult Swim used to be just cartoons but they started getting into stuff like Tim & Eric and some other stuff which isn't that great imo. Children's Hospital is kinda funny though.
    I couldn't stand Trailer Park boys. :(
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I haven't watched any of the movies yet, but I shall!

There are only six episodes of Darkplace, ​but I absolutely love them (particularly the Broccoli episode ((with a cameo from Graham Linehan (((co-writer of Father Ted))) and the episode Apes of Wrath, featuring Noel Fielding as 'The Apeloid' - the bike chase / assault course at the end kill me every time.

I'm also certain that Darkplace has the best / funniest opening credits / theme tune ever.

Snuff Box is also pretty good:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I watched 7 or 8 episodes of Rome. It's Forrest Gump: Ancient Edition except not that funny. Two idiots are responsible for every major event in the first century BC!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I never quite got on with Snuff Box. It veered from brilliance to "what the bloody hell is going on?" with wild abandon. More miss than hit for me.

Anyone caught the latest Walking Dead yet? Thought this episode was pretty solid.

Anyone caught the latest Walking Dead yet? Thought this episode was pretty solid.
    I watched it last nite. great episode. there were a few things that surprised me but won't say anything for fear of spoiling it for anyone.

So, just watched S04 finale of Adventure Time.

Ummmmmm.... I have no idea what is going on.

Been watching Inbetweeners (British Version) and while it started kinda eh, I'm halfway through season 2 and it's really growing on me. It also gives me a lot of flashbacks to the one year I spent in North Ireland studying. The mentality, pub outings, the slang... even the blue cushion/sofas in their common room were the same as in my Uni, I swear.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Still caught up on Supernatural and think I always will be hah, sad day when it ends...

Curious about watching The Walking Dead though, as well as Breaking Bad.