Page 40 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    Been watching Inbetweeners (British Version) and while it started kinda eh, I'm halfway through season 2 and it's really growing on me. It also gives me a lot of flashbacks to the one year I spent in North Ireland studying. The mentality, pub outings, the slang... even the blue cushion/sofas in their common room were the same as in my Uni, I swear.
    I'm american and Inbetweeners is on netflix. love that show, its really funny. and you say 'British version' I was not aware there were any other versions, don't tell me "we" remade it. geez. whats wrong with us? i'm being serious too, why does my country have to remake everything.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Watched season 2 of The Walking Dead yesterday. I had sort of given up on it after season 1, but talk on another forum made me give it another chance and it has improved. Though, if you've read the comic, it's very odd that a certain character gets killed off when he does. And whether you've read the comic or not, it's very annoying that Lori keeps not getting eaten.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    I'm american and Inbetweeners is on netflix. love that show, its really funny. and you say 'British version' I was not aware there were any other versions, don't tell me "we" remade it. geez. whats wrong with us? i'm being serious too, why does my country have to remake everything.
    Hmmm, seems "we" did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inb....S._TV_series)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Watched season 2 of The Walking Dead yesterday. I had sort of given up on it after season 1, but talk on another forum made me give it another chance and it has improved. Though, if you've read the comic, it's very odd that a certain character gets killed off when he does. And whether you've read the comic or not, it's very annoying that Lori keeps not getting eaten.
    As a comic reader it's frustrating to see original survivors see getting eaten and characters that are suppose to die see survive.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    @Ravelle - It's an adaptation!

As I wrote last season, TWD is a programme that in the past has always promised so much, before ultimately disappointing. Every season premiere has been pretty great and left me optimistic, only for the season to be consumed with poorly written soap-opera filler.

I think that might be why they're splitting the camps this year, they can keep a more sustained tension when there's two seperate scenarios/ sets of characters with their own dilemmas, obviously that brings its own challenge in retaining audience interest (if the Michonne/Laurie/Governor story is weak, it could destroy the season essentially).

Having said that, I've enjoyed the first two episodes and against my better judgment, I've once more got high hopes for the rest of the series!
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Only thing i have too look for is David Morrissey as Governor. He's a far better actor (and hotter) than the rest of the cast put together.

Watching Generation Kill for the 1293192th time.

Watching Breaking Bad, just started season 3. This series just keeps getting darker and darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    @Ravelle - It's an adaptation!

As I wrote last season, TWD is a programme that in the past has always promised so much, before ultimately disappointing. Every season premiere has been pretty great and left me optimistic, only for the season to be consumed with poorly written soap-opera filler.

I think that might be why they're splitting the camps this year, they can keep a more sustained tension when there's two seperate scenarios/ sets of characters with their own dilemmas, obviously that brings its own challenge in retaining audience interest (if the Michonne/Laurie/Governor story is weak, it could destroy the season essentially).

Having said that, I've enjoyed the first two episodes and against my better judgment, I've once more got high hopes for the rest of the series!
    Yeah, I remain cautious but the first two of the new season were pretty good and didn't had any weird changes.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    More Red Dwarf. In my opinion episode 4 ties with episode 1 for the best in season X so far. The older episode right afterwards tops the evening up quite nicely too, right now Mr Flibbles is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    More Red Dwarf. In my opinion episode 4 ties with episode 1 for the best in season X so far. The older episode right afterwards tops the evening up quite nicely too, right now Mr Flibbles is on.
    Do I need to watch the older series to follow the new one?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Not really. They make a good point of explaining everything you need to know when it's relevant to do so. I suppose the only thing that'll help is that it's set in a future on a mining ship with the last remaining human, a hologram of his room-mate who was killed in a mistake that killed the entire crew (apart from the aforementioned human who survived due to being in stasis), a human-cat, descendant of the actual cat that the human had on board at the time (3,000,000 years has passed since the accident) and a droid they picked up along the way. Hilarity ensues.

I thought tonight's episode was equal with the first. Lots of guffaws and a few out-right laughs. All-in-all, the season has been ok so far. It's not been bad like 7 and 8, but it hasn't really been as consistently high as the older stuff, a fact they rub in by putting a load of old Red Dwarf on after the new episodes and yes, Mr. Flibble is very cross. Very cross indeed.