Page 40 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 3021
  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    Been watching Inbetweeners (British Version) and while it started kinda eh, I'm halfway through season 2 and it's really growing on me. It also gives me a lot of flashbacks to the one year I spent in North Ireland studying. The mentality, pub outings, the slang... even the blue cushion/sofas in their common room were the same as in my Uni, I swear.
    I'm american and Inbetweeners is on netflix. love that show, its really funny. and you say 'British version' I was not aware there were any other versions, don't tell me "we" remade it. geez. whats wrong with us? i'm being serious too, why does my country have to remake everything.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

  2. #782
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    972
    Watched season 2 of The Walking Dead yesterday. I had sort of given up on it after season 1, but talk on another forum made me give it another chance and it has improved. Though, if you've read the comic, it's very odd that a certain character gets killed off when he does. And whether you've read the comic or not, it's very annoying that Lori keeps not getting eaten.

  3. #783
    Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    I'm american and Inbetweeners is on netflix. love that show, its really funny. and you say 'British version' I was not aware there were any other versions, don't tell me "we" remade it. geez. whats wrong with us? i'm being serious too, why does my country have to remake everything.
    Hmmm, seems "we" did:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inb....S._TV_series)

  4. #784
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Watched season 2 of The Walking Dead yesterday. I had sort of given up on it after season 1, but talk on another forum made me give it another chance and it has improved. Though, if you've read the comic, it's very odd that a certain character gets killed off when he does. And whether you've read the comic or not, it's very annoying that Lori keeps not getting eaten.
    As a comic reader it's frustrating to see original survivors see getting eaten and characters that are suppose to die see survive.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  5. #785
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    1,069
    @Ravelle - It's an adaptation!

    As I wrote last season, TWD is a programme that in the past has always promised so much, before ultimately disappointing. Every season premiere has been pretty great and left me optimistic, only for the season to be consumed with poorly written soap-opera filler.

    I think that might be why they're splitting the camps this year, they can keep a more sustained tension when there's two seperate scenarios/ sets of characters with their own dilemmas, obviously that brings its own challenge in retaining audience interest (if the Michonne/Laurie/Governor story is weak, it could destroy the season essentially).

    Having said that, I've enjoyed the first two episodes and against my better judgment, I've once more got high hopes for the rest of the series!
    I write about them video games at these locations

    And on Twitter

  6. #786
    Obscure Node ferdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9
    Only thing i have too look for is David Morrissey as Governor. He's a far better actor (and hotter) than the rest of the cast put together.

  7. #787
    Watching Generation Kill for the 1293192th time.

  8. #788
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kaira-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oulu, Finland
    Posts
    965
    Watching Breaking Bad, just started season 3. This series just keeps getting darker and darker.

  9. #789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    @Ravelle - It's an adaptation!

    As I wrote last season, TWD is a programme that in the past has always promised so much, before ultimately disappointing. Every season premiere has been pretty great and left me optimistic, only for the season to be consumed with poorly written soap-opera filler.

    I think that might be why they're splitting the camps this year, they can keep a more sustained tension when there's two seperate scenarios/ sets of characters with their own dilemmas, obviously that brings its own challenge in retaining audience interest (if the Michonne/Laurie/Governor story is weak, it could destroy the season essentially).

    Having said that, I've enjoyed the first two episodes and against my better judgment, I've once more got high hopes for the rest of the series!
    Yeah, I remain cautious but the first two of the new season were pretty good and didn't had any weird changes.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  10. #790
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,153
    More Red Dwarf. In my opinion episode 4 ties with episode 1 for the best in season X so far. The older episode right afterwards tops the evening up quite nicely too, right now Mr Flibbles is on.

  11. #791
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    More Red Dwarf. In my opinion episode 4 ties with episode 1 for the best in season X so far. The older episode right afterwards tops the evening up quite nicely too, right now Mr Flibbles is on.
    Do I need to watch the older series to follow the new one?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  12. #792
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,460
    Not really. They make a good point of explaining everything you need to know when it's relevant to do so. I suppose the only thing that'll help is that it's set in a future on a mining ship with the last remaining human, a hologram of his room-mate who was killed in a mistake that killed the entire crew (apart from the aforementioned human who survived due to being in stasis), a human-cat, descendant of the actual cat that the human had on board at the time (3,000,000 years has passed since the accident) and a droid they picked up along the way. Hilarity ensues.

    I thought tonight's episode was equal with the first. Lots of guffaws and a few out-right laughs. All-in-all, the season has been ok so far. It's not been bad like 7 and 8, but it hasn't really been as consistently high as the older stuff, a fact they rub in by putting a load of old Red Dwarf on after the new episodes and yes, Mr. Flibble is very cross. Very cross indeed.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  13. #793
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    I've seen loose episodes of the the older series though, years back but was just wondering if they followed up the story.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  14. #794
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,193
    Theres no continuity really as in all sitcoms you can pretty much go in on any season and pick it up, but I do recommend seeing some of the early seasons they are really good.

  15. #795
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,153
    I think seasons 5 and 6 are the best. In the earlier seasons the jokes seem like they're few and far between.

  16. #796
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,153
    Just saw that Walking Dead Season 3 episode 2 you guys were talking about. I can't believe Rick killed that guy. I half expected him to stretch out that simple chore for a full season, but after Shane it's like he finally learned something and ends the threat right away.

  17. #797
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Just saw that Walking Dead Season 3 episode 2 you guys were talking about. I can't believe Rick killed that guy. I half expected him to stretch out that simple chore for a full season, but after Shane it's like he finally learned something and ends the threat right away.
    Same here. Finally a character shows a glimpse of development.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

  18. #798
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, UK
    Posts
    1,079
    And realistic development at that.

    [Spoiler]At least provided he now doesn't go FULL MANIAC, which I doubt as it'd make him tough to empathise with. Even in the case of that guy he clearly had misgivings but was prepared to give him a chance. I half-expected him to let him off so I was quite pleased when he offed him.[/spoiler]

    Of course the black dude is still muddling along being as anonymous as possible.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

  19. #799
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    And realistic development at that.

    [Spoiler]At least provided he now doesn't go FULL MANIAC, which I doubt as it'd make him tough to empathise with. Even in the case of that guy he clearly had misgivings but was prepared to give him a chance. I half-expected him to let him off so I was quite pleased when he offed him.[/spoiler]

    Of course the black dude is still muddling along being as anonymous as possible.
    Pfft, the black guy now carries a Riot shield with him everywhere. Sure, Rick has basically accepted Shane's arguement that morality has no place when dealing with threats to the group, but TDOGG has a RIOT SHIELD, there's your real character development.
    I write about them video games at these locations

    And on Twitter

  20. #800
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    I just started to watch 'Last Resort', a very promising series.
    For the people that haven't heard of it, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2172103/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •