Page 41 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Latest episode of Homeland = intense. Quite draining to watch, but frankly the acting is mesmeric.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Latest episode of Homeland = intense. Quite draining to watch, but frankly the acting is mesmeric.
    Oh man! It's monday and I haven't seen the latest episode yet. I was fully expecting to be disappointed by season two, but it's astoundingly good. The writers and actors really grasp some moments in ways I have never seen before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    With episode 3 of the Walking Dead my faith has been restored, they changed the look of the Gov'ner quite a bit but great stuff nonetheless.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Anyone else been watching Arrow? It's been pretty good so far, basically Batman-with-a-bow, but I worry it's going to be too repetitive. It's only been 3 episodes though, so I might just be pessimisming again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Enjoyed the final episode of The Thick of It (though it wasn't quite as good as the previous weeks enquiry). Great to see Glenn get to let rip and as ever Peter Capaldi's performance as Tucker was brilliant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Oh man! It's monday and I haven't seen the latest episode yet. I was fully expecting to be disappointed by season two, but it's astoundingly good. The writers and actors really grasp some moments in ways I have never seen before.
    Dude, there's a long conversation in there is just blows away the rest of the field when it comes to anyone elses chances of nabbing an emmy next year.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Enjoyed the final episode of The Thick of It (though it wasn't quite as good as the previous weeks enquiry). Great to see Glenn get to let rip and as ever Peter Capaldi's performance as Tucker was brilliant.
    It did seem a bit strange having the enquiry as the penultimate episode, rather then being part of the finale.

Was an absolutely brilliant show, although I'm not sure how necessary it was to do this final series. The Thick of It was Tucker's story and that felt complete last series.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Anyone else been watching Arrow? It's been pretty good so far, basically Batman-with-a-bow, but I worry it's going to be too repetitive. It's only been 3 episodes though, so I might just be pessimisming again.
    Yeah, I've watched it, and enjoyed. I mean, it takes some artistic liberties with Green Arrow's backstory, but I think it's okay. I also like that they are trying to make the show feel "realistic", as in, no magical technologies or superpowered metahumans or anything like that. But with 3 episodes it's a bit too early to tell.

I also finished watching Breaking Bad's season 5 (the first 8 episodes, anyway) a few nights ago. It would be an understatement to say that they left the show in a cliffhanger, and an intense one at that. Can't wait for the series to return.

Also started watching Dexter from Netflix. I've been somewhat pleased so fart, though the series doesn't feel like anything special yet.

I've only watched the first episode of Arrow thus far and didn't think much of it but I'm prepared to give it a chance.

And try to ignore the amount of skills he appears to have picked up a deserted rock in the hope it's going to make sense once we learn more and not just lazy writing.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    University Challenge. Go Manchester!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Walking Dead is back,really good start as well,can't wait for episode 3!

I've only very recently started to watch Arrested Development after opening a Netflix account on a free trial.

No doubt many of you have already watched it, but I think it gets the whole 'funny-yet-comforting' brand of TV juuuust right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    It also gets how to be supremely funny juuuust right! Enjoy it, it's a really fun and entertaining show.

While I'm posting in here, this series of Fresh Meat has been consistently excellent (with some great music selection too. Someone really likes Queens of the Stone Age which I find hard to argue with), the same of which can be said of Castle. Yesterday's episode was incredibly done well and shows that even after 5 years, they've still got a lot going for them in the writing department.