Page 42 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Picked up Homeland again and I'm at S01E06 now, great show so far but the swearing sounds a bit out of place and forced.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I watch sitcoms without the laughing tape in the background. Terribly grim and depressing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Season finale of Red Dwarf Season X. It was nice to see Rimmer find some kind of peace over his lack of achievement, I wonder if it'll stick? He totally channelled his inner Ace there for a moment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JibberJabber View Post
    I watch sitcoms without the laughing tape in the background. Terribly grim and depressing.
    That's because most sitcoms are simply not funny.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Latest episode of Walking Dead was bad,first three quite good.

The second season of The Walking Dead almost made me give up entirely, I'm glad the show seems to have completed turned around (for the better) in the third one.

I'm also watching Dexter and Modern Family regularly, and trying to catch up on Breaking Bad (currently mid 4th season).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I've been watching Richard Dawkins documentary on Channel 4 and its actually Dawkins at his best and most lovely, he walks through very interesting subjects and doesn't totally insult religious people, just says why there mostly wrong. he also has a lovely voice which I hadn't realized. I would recommend it, tackles very interesting issues in a good way, and sometimes comes out with absurd funny things like how our 2millionth great grandfather was a fish, and how plants are our cousins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Season finale of Red Dwarf Season X. It was nice to see Rimmer find some kind of peace over his lack of achievement, I wonder if it'll stick? He totally channelled his inner Ace there for a moment.
    It was good, but I don't think it really well. I loved how they were fully aware that everyone wants to know the explanation for the ending of series 8 and they don't give a damn. I really do think this series encapsulated the spirit of Red Dwarf, but what it sorely misses is the science element. A lot of the jokes were making fun of these sort of things. Since series 6 ended, there has been a wealth of material for them to parody and completely break down. It's not really been utilised. Should there be an eleventh series, and I don't doubt there will really, this needs to really come back into it. Overall, there have been nods and allusions, but it's not quite been there. It's been entertaining enough and not really been overtly bad, but it does need work.

Anyhow, started up on 30 Rock and it's very good. I really do like comedies that don't hold my hand and I tend to believe that these are the best ones. Granted, only 6 episodes in, but I can't really see any signs of it suddenly losing the plot.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

After finishing the goodness that is Fresh Meat season one, I thought I'd give Skins a try. It won me over after three minutes or so, but the second episode was just brilliant. Much, much better than I expected it to be.
    Last edited by Labbes; 11-11-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    The second season of The Walking Dead almost made me give up entirely, I'm glad the show seems to have completed turned around (for the better) in the third one.
    Last five episodes of Season 2 were quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Anyhow, started up on 30 Rock and it's very good. I really do like comedies that don't hold my hand and I tend to believe that these are the best ones. Granted, only 6 episodes in, but I can't really see any signs of it suddenly losing the plot.
    Oi, I just started this too and got to Season 2. Definitely funny, funny stuff, great characters and interesting premises. I heard my roommate laughing maniacally watching it a few times so finally gave it a go.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Battlestar Galactica Blood & Chrome.
    Might be worth waiting for the full release. This thing of watching it as webisodes of 10 minutes is annoying. Also it means that I can't make up my mind about it.
    It's nice but I have no idea where it's going. For now it seems like an action oriented Galactica without the interesting philosophical stuff. I have no idea what will become of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Battlestar Galactica Blood & Chrome.
    Might be worth waiting for the full release. This thing of watching it as webisodes of 10 minutes is annoying. Also it means that I can't make up my mind about it.
    It's nice but I have no idea where it's going. For now it seems like an action oriented Galactica without the interesting philosophical stuff. I have no idea what will become of it.
    I read that it's aimed at 'younger men' or something like that (forget the wording). That so far seems to be the case, but I don't know why they'd do that.

I'm working my way through the TV series again (I don't actually remember if I watched the final episodes the first time).
    Just reached season 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Just reached season 3.
    I think that's about when I gave up on BSG... There's a reason the series wasn't called "New Caprica".

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I think that's about when I gave up on BSG... There's a reason the series wasn't called "New Caprica".
    yeah, I remember things started to drag on too much then. Too many episodes set there. I hope I'll like it better this time around, but I suspect not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah season 3 is really not good to many filler episodes I think, you could pretty much watch the first bit and the last bit of season 3 and you wouldn't really miss much. Season 4 I think gets a lot better though. Even after the hiatus there's some strong episodes.

I've been watching Eastbound & Down, which also happens to have Matthew McConaughey in it. (I'm not even surprised when I see him at this point.) It's occasionally really funny, but I can't imagine a single woman enjoying this show. In the first season and a half, I've seen:
    -More fucks-per-minute than a Scorsese film
    -More cocaine-snorting scenes than Blow
    -Strippers
    -Tits
    -Jetskis
    -A graphic de-eyeballing
    -Two hookers
    -And cockfighting

The story has pretty much run out of steam at this point, but it's also Danny McBride's best role by a country mile and the soundtrack and revolving door of guest stars are amazing.

Women hate jetskis!
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

I'll let Kenny Powers explain:

Ha! That looks amazing. It's now queued up in the to-watch list.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.