Page 43 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I've been watching Eastbound & Down, which also happens to have Matthew McConaughey in it. (I'm not even surprised when I see him at this point.) It's occasionally really funny, but I can't imagine a single woman enjoying this show. In the first season and a half, I've seen:
    -More fucks-per-minute than a Scorsese film
    -More cocaine-snorting scenes than Blow
    -Strippers
    -Tits
    -Jetskis
    -A graphic de-eyeballing
    -Two hookers
    -And cockfighting

The story has pretty much run out of steam at this point, but it's also Danny McBride's best role by a country mile and the soundtrack and revolving door of guest stars are amazing.
    The show starts great but repeats itself too much in my opinion.

Just watched the season finally of Season 1 of Homeland. Holy hour and a half of tension batman, that was some ending.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Is anybody else excited about the new series of The Killing, (this weekend on BBC)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Just watched the season finally of Season 1 of Homeland. Holy hour and a half of tension batman, that was some ending.
    I'm really disappointed I wasn't watching it at the time. i.e. before I knew there was a second series on the way, It was still tense watching it with that knowledge but knowing there was the slightest chance they might be ballsy enough to (Spoilers) kill Brody off to set up the second series must have been almost unbearable.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm really disappointed I wasn't watching it at the time. i.e. before I knew there was a second series on the way, It was still tense watching it with that knowledge but knowing there was the slightest chance they might be ballsy enough to (Spoilers edited out) must have been almost unbearable.
    The finale of season one was probably the most excruciatingly tense episode of any show I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    The finale of season one was probably the most excruciatingly tense episode of any show I have ever seen.
    Breaking Bad is a strong contender though.

Damian Lewis also does a fine job looking like shit all the time.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    This fucking episode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I actually felt most of the recent episodes of BB were incredibly tense. Hell, even the very last scene we've seen [spoiler]was them sitting at a table. You were WAITING for something to go horribly, horribly wrong, and whilst it did, perhaps obviously so, it wasn't dramatic, it wasn't brutal, it was just there, waiting[/spoiler].

So I've finishes the first season of 30 Rock. It's really very excellent. I feel like it's better than I'm saying it is too, as in one of the best comedies I've had the joy of watching, but that doesn't seem right for some reason. Granted, only 22 episodes in, so we'll see what the next batch offers me.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Caught up with Homeland, the show starts a little slow but gets up to speed after the first 4 episodes and it's a constant thrill ride from that moment on, great show.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

i would say more this bit is one of the most tense and horrible and strange moments of the show.

Anyway saw The dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler on BBC 2 and it was very good, talking about one of the subjects I've always been curious about the rise of Adolf Hitler in Germany and how it came to be, very informative and also very chilling obviously. It also shows just how much a bastard he really was.

Also Young Apprentice, which scares me in two ways one in the way that some of these kids are surprisingly young for people with businesses or running magazines and stuff, man when I was that young I was thinking of girls and trying to get good GCSEs not running a buisness. and two because they are dangerously close to being the douchbags you get on the regular apprentice with what they come out with which is a bit depressing. Were teaching our kids that screwing over people for short term gain in money is a good thing. no wonder the world has gone to pot.

Yeah, that part was insane. But that fly episode, man. All of my nerves were wrecked.

Just finished the first season of The Sopranos. Now I want moar. But apparently only season 1 & 6 were released on blu-ray, wtf. Also, Sons Of Anarchy season 2.

I just started watching American Horror Story, season 2. I've not seen the 1st season but I am a fan of Zachary Quinto and i do like the whole insane asylum setting. so i have watched the first 5 episodes in the last few days and am ready for the new episode thats coming on tonight. so far i love it, Jessica Lange is so damn good in this show, maybe she'll win an emmy.

Since i haven't seen the 1st season(i know that each season tell a different story and aren't related), should i go back and watch it? has anyone else seen it? or recommend it?
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

I've seen the first episode of the first season and thought it was pretty bad, bad acting and everything was all over the place and nothing was explained or made any sense.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I thought the first season was significantly better then this one. It is just too much in your face and constantly being nasty, mostly for the sake of it. The first season was genuinely creepy for the first few episodes; this series is just unpleasant at times. Just look at the opening title sequences of the two for a comparison. Also, aliens? Really?

Having said that, the last episode (UK pace, so think it is 4,) did seem to be heading in more of the right direction. I really enjoyed the scene in which the supposed Bloody Face sought forgiveness from Sister Jude. It really opened up a new side to Jude's character and showed her as someone that actually probably does believe in what she is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I thought the first season was significantly better then this one. It is just too much in your face and constantly being nasty, mostly for the sake of it. The first season was genuinely creepy for the first few episodes; this series is just unpleasant at times. Just look at the opening title sequences of the two for a comparison. Also, aliens? Really?

Having said that, the last episode (UK pace, so think it is 4,) did seem to be heading in more of the right direction. I really enjoyed the scene in which the supposed Bloody Face sought forgiveness from Sister Jude. It really opened up a new side to Jude's character and showed her as someone that actually probably does believe in what she is doing.
    well then i might just have to check out season 1.

also, i've decided to give Breaking Bad a shot. i watched the first couple of episodes of season 1 on netflix a few years ago but it just didn't 'grab' me i guess. but i've heard so many good things about it that i'm gonna give it another try.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I think Nickelodeon's Are You Afraid of the Dark is a much better horror anthology than American Horror Story, and the acting is better too.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    well then i might just have to check out season 1.

also, i've decided to give Breaking Bad a shot. i watched the first couple of episodes of season 1 on netflix a few years ago but it just didn't 'grab' me i guess. but i've heard so many good things about it that i'm gonna give it another try.
    Just keep watching, it will grab you soon enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Anyone been watching the Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome web series? Every character is pretty much the most obvious trope you could go for (arrogant rookie with serious skills, grizzled veteran who has seen too much war, hot mysterious scientist lady) and it seems pretty action focused so far, but I kind of miss Galactica. It had its problems, but there's not enough half decent serious sci-fi on TV nowadays, so it's a shame this has relegated to the ignonimity of being aired as a series of webisodes, it would probably work much better as a pilot/single episode (as was originally intended).
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Anyone been watching the Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome web series? Every character is pretty much the most obvious trope you could go for (arrogant rookie with serious skills, grizzled veteran who has seen too much war, hot mysterious scientist lady) and it seems pretty action focused so far, but I kind of miss Galactica. It had its problems, but there's not enough half decent serious sci-fi on TV nowadays, so it's a shame this has relegated to the ignonimity of being aired as a series of webisodes, it would probably work much better as a pilot/single episode (as was originally intended).
    I've been watching it. Pretty crappy so far. It's Galactica minus the interesting stuff.
    Still, It's better to have a little bit Galactica than no Galactica at all.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I've rewatched my old Monk DVDs of Season 1 and 2. Some of the episodes are a lot more cringeworthy than I remember them, but overall I still quite like the series. I think a lot of it is due to Tony Shalhoub, his performance has a certain kind of charm that makes even the more intolerable parts of the show watchable. And he's accompanied by a very talented supporting cast.

I also have to shamefully admit that I've been watching the new My Little Pony episodes and, even more shamefully, I'm enjoying them quite a bit.