Page 45 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Season 4 is piano wire, Season 5 has been impending doom. I don't think the final act is going to have any big revelations, but it's going to make for some damn fine TV.
    Season 5 will test every nerve for any hint of steel.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Season 4 is piano wire, Season 5 has been impending doom. I don't think the final act is going to have any big revelations, but it's going to make for some damn fine TV.
    You mean you've not finished Season 5 (what's there of it at least)? Because if not...daaaamn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    You mean you've not finished Season 5 (what's there of it at least)? Because if not...daaaamn.
    No, I mean it's split in two parts because AMC's producers are bastards.

Banned
    Merlin and Doctor Who.

Wish they'd make a Conan the Barbarian live-action tv series though. There's nothing quite like a good swashbuckling yarn of swords and sorcery.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    New Peep Show.

It's still funny with some well observed jokes and gloriously ridiculous lines but . . . it does feel like it is really repeating itself and recycling jokes from series past. It's still a good watch, but I can't help but feel it's time to perhaps call it a day.

I recently read about The Larry Sanders show and my immediate thought was -- oh yeah I should watch that! Because when first exposed to it, I was too young and so wasn't allowed to watch :{

Anyway now that I'm an ADULT DAMMIT I'm watching through it and WOW it's an amazing show. Anybody else seen/love it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    The Walking Dead(Well,the running season,waiting for part 9),X-Files(Season 5,only one episode left),Friends (Season 8).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Doctor Who! It was a good episode, wasn't it? And the new opening sequence?! It's very homagey. Yay, I'm genuinely buzzing with excitement after that!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Right now I'm trying out the first episode of Revolution. Maybe about a third of the way in. It is a little schlocky but has potential so far.

Reminds me a bit of Terra Nova crossed with the Stand. I know the press has made comparisons with Lost.

Terra Nova I watched cuz my wife liked it, but it bored me half to death. Part of the problem was the feelgood family drama crap. It wanted to be the spiritual successor to Seventh Heaven or something, I think to draw in female viewers. Instead it was bland, bland, bland. Another problem with Terra Nova was that the story was set all in one base or location. So there was very little of a journey feel to it.

So far Revolution has discarded the family drama handily. And the characters should be on the move throughout the series, which should bring a bigger feeling of adventure.

Anyone watching it and still liking it?

Quote Originally Posted by richtaur View Post
    I recently read about The Larry Sanders show and my immediate thought was -- oh yeah I should watch that! Because when first exposed to it, I was too young and so wasn't allowed to watch :{

Anyway now that I'm an ADULT DAMMIT I'm watching through it and WOW it's an amazing show. Anybody else seen/love it?
    Yeah and I watched it and loved it as a kid. As an adult, well, I watch milder stuff nowadays. There are still some celebrities that I can not see without thinking about their appearances on this show. David Duchovny had a couple of great episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by echoMateria View Post
    Person of Interest is my favorite show this year, I'm also liking Last Resort more than I could have guessed in the middle of all the patriotism it has.
    I had seen the pilot and posted about it here months ago. Finally watched the second episode. The acting, characters... well it isn't a great show. But I was prepared to watch more kinda as popcorn fare. Cancelled, unfortunately. So I'm not going to put myself through it.
    Last edited by icupnimpn2; 25-12-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Doctor Who! It was a good episode, wasn't it? And the new opening sequence?! It's very homagey. Yay, I'm genuinely buzzing with excitement after that!
    I hope we get to see more of lizard lady from the dawn of time, she's pretty cool.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Sherlock for the 2nd or 3rd time. That's one of the best tv series I've seen (mind you, I don't got to spent a lot of time with TV)
    Game of Thrones is fantastic. The weird thing is I haven't watched the first season. Come to think of it, that's the only HBO series I ever watch.
    Man, I'm so far behind everyone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I just started Boardwalk Empire last night and it looks to be pretty damn good so far.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I've recently finished series 4 of Misfits. It's nowhere near as good as the previous three but it's still fine. Joseph Gilgun is single-handedly keeping the show alive, bless 'im.
    Also waiting for new episodes of Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Fringe, Homeland, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Being Human, American Horror Story... Bloody hell, TV is good lately.

Anyone watched the new Ripper Street BBC drama? Any good?

Network Hub
    Was watching Oliver Stone's Untold History Of The United States. Really quite good. Love how Beethoven's 7th plays whenever there's mention of the Soviet Union. Probably a cliche though. Stuck waiting for episode 7 to pop up somewhere.

Only recently saw The Pillars Of The Earth. I felt like this could have been a more fleshed out series. There were some interesting elements but it ends quite abruptly.

About to watch Ripper Street. I really like Matthew Macfadyen's face. EDIT: So it's a police procedural. Pretty much sums it up. Pretty much sums up a huge chunk of television programming.
    Last edited by baby snot; 02-01-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Merlin
    Saw the final episode. The one before it led us to the climax of a mighty battle, so I thought for once the majority of this episode wouldn't be about travelling through the same backyard forest they've used in every episode while bugger all happens.

I was wrong. And the worst part of it was Merlin turns old for absolutely no reason. Previously his appearance only changed when sampling an aging potion, but this time he appeared to absorb the magics of the cave or something. He then leaves the cave old, implying the change to the popular cultural image of Merlin is now set and he has become the wizard he was destined to be. So he approaches the battle, throws lightning bolts around, and disappears. Next time we see him, he's young again. WHAAAAT?

I hate this show so very, very much.

Obscure Node
    Breaking Bad is probably the best show on TV, too bad we have to wait until next summer to see the end.

Why would you watch anything else?

Firefly. The sci-fi plus wild west stuff is a neat concept, but I don't get all the hype around it (yet).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Deadwood, just wrapped up episode 9 of Season 2. It's a great show so far, but doesn't feel like anything I've watched so far.
    Last edited by Sketch; 05-01-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Firefly. The sci-fi plus wild west stuff is a neat concept, but I don't get all the hype around it (yet).

I didn't get it either,i watched only five episodes but the show was medicore at best. There is also a movie from 2005,people say its good but they said same thing about the show :|

Otherwise still need to finish FRIEND season 10,not funny anymore. Then X FILES season 5,only 3 episodes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I hope we get to see more of lizard lady from the dawn of time, she's pretty cool.
    That entrance was brilliant :).