Page 48 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 3261
  1. #941
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Just finished re-watching the entirety of SG-1. <3

    I don't feel like it hit the same heights as say say Farscape or BSG but in general I think it was more consistent with only a handful of poor episodes in the early seasons and most of the Ori storyline; certainly compared to Farscape, which veered between fantastic and utterly terrible - often in the same episode
    It's all thanks to MacGyver.

  2. #942
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,261
    Can't watch THE FRINGE anymore,every god damn episode resolves around fucking Walter,it become stupid really. Mate watched more then i and told me what happens in the future and its like wtf is this shit,so i'm stopping the series for me,gonna focus on BREAKING BAD only.

  3. #943
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,342
    Considering that Walter is probably one of the best characters in a modern sci-fi I don't get your problem with that, and the things that happen are both batshit insanse and very rewarding philosophically. Watch White Tulip at least.

  4. #944
    Network Hub Dubbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    445
    Fringe is excellent. Can't wait for the finale tonight.

    First episode of Utopia was pretty great. Lots of mystery, a big conspiracy and a fair bit of toe-curling torture.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

  5. #945
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Really enjoying Person of Interest at the moment, especially viewing it on my new 50" plasma! Bit peeved that there was no new episode last night, was looking forward to watching it this morning!

  6. #946
    Vector Jams O'Donnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Burgh of Mussels
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Considering that Walter is probably one of the best characters in a modern sci-fi
    That makes me sad for the genre :(

  7. #947
    Network Hub Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    432
    Fourth season of Archer started this week. The first episode has a crossover with Bobs' Burgers. Enjoyable, not the best episode ever.

  8. #948
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Just watched it as well, man I love this show.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  9. #949
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,342
    Fringe is finished :( I have to say the finale was really good and very emotional saying goodbye to everyone, making sacrifices doing cool sci-fi stuff and finishing Walter's storyline quite well. I would say it was a bit predictable, there wasn't enough other side stuff but i would say that it didn't do anything totally wrong like the 4th season finale or the BSG finale. It was actually quite good as finales go to be honest and I would say capped off a show that was really really good.

    That makes me sad for the genre :(


    I don't understand your problem with the character please explain.

  10. #950
    Lesser Hivemind Node eRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    549
    Down to the last episode of Boardwalk Empire season 2, shit just got real, holy cow.

    This is an amazing piece of television.

  11. #951
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Down to the last episode of Boardwalk Empire season 2, shit just got real, holy cow.

    This is an amazing piece of television.
    I'll be watching that episode tonight. Yes, definitely a good show.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

  12. #952
    Network Hub Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    432
    Californication 6x01 - The Unforgiven



    Now I sit down to watch 6x02 and hope Tim Minchin can somehow top singing "Handjobs don't count".

  13. #953
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,247
    The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

    Recommended to me by a friend, took a couple of episodes to get into but enjoying it now (cameo by Steve Davis helps!). It really is terribly cringey to the point of barely being able to watch and if Todd has any redeeming qualities I'd have stopped watching it out of pity for what the writers put him through.

  14. #954
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,330
    Watching BSG again before my Netflix subscription kicks the dust. I gave up on Season 3 last time.

    Forgot what an annoying bastard Lee Adama is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Recommended to me by a friend, took a couple of episodes to get into but enjoying it now (cameo by Steve Davis helps!). It really is terribly cringey to the point of barely being able to watch and if Todd has any redeeming qualities I'd have stopped watching it out of pity for what the writers put him through.

    The Jon Hamm cameo is absolutely brilliant.

  15. #955
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    137
    Currently watching Future Weapons at Discovery Science. Cool weapons but I don't know if military will actually use them; they're so destructive and collateral damage may be great if used in densely populated area.

  16. #956
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I'll be watching that episode tonight. Yes, definitely a good show.
    I heard avarage reviews when the show started but seeing you guys like it so much I'll start watching it this evening.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  17. #957
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Watching BSG again before my Netflix subscription kicks the dust. I gave up on Season 3 last time.

    Forgot what an annoying bastard Lee Adama is.
    I watched all of BSG back-to-back, consuming it like a packet of Finger biscuits. And I finished it and I thought "Man, that was pretty good." And then I gave it some time, thought about it and went "...hang on, what kind of shit did I end up watching?!" I thought season 3 was the last season to have anything particularly redeeming about it. Before then, it was pretty good, but it just spiralled out of control into silliness.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  18. #958
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I watched all of BSG back-to-back, consuming it like a packet of Finger biscuits. And I finished it and I thought "Man, that was pretty good." And then I gave it some time, thought about it and went "...hang on, what kind of shit did I end up watching?!" I thought season 3 was the last season to have anything particularly redeeming about it. Before then, it was pretty good, but it just spiralled out of control into silliness.

  19. #959
    Lesser Hivemind Node eRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I heard avarage reviews when the show started but seeing you guys like it so much I'll start watching it this evening.
    Season 1 is largely about establishing the setting and characters, consequentially it's a slow burner. Season 2 is a lot more intense. Can't wait for the third one now.

  20. #960
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,519
    Funny vid, Sabrage! I think I got through at least 4-6 episodes a day when I was into it properly. I was that excited, but yeah, then the come down happened from the sugar high...

    While I'm here, been watching Africa and I urge anyone with a tele-box and/or iPlayer to watch it because it is utterly wonderful. Also watched the first episode (ie. last week's) of Utopia from Channel 4 and I'm really intrigued. I love the style, really playing up the graphic novel theme, especially with the saturated colouring. I am concerned though that if the pay-off isn't satisfactory, it'll undo all the good work it hopefully maintains.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •