Page 53 of 148 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2941
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    On a related note, did anyone think it was making reference to [spoiler]the Moors murders? Some of the mug shots, the area, the moral panic/pursuit of justice etc.?[/spoiler]
    I think it was referencing that sort of thing yes. Basically if you take the worst Daily Mail commenters and enshrine their opinions in law then that episode is what you end up with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    On the fifth season of Breaking Bad now. Soon I get to be like everyone else and scream on the internet about having to wait for the last eight episodes!

About to watch the first episode of "Cult", which is apparently the brainchild of Farscape creator Rockne O' Bannon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Last season of X-Files and i don't like it.. Otherwise completed first season of VENTURE BROTHERS and it was AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,Brock Samson is awesome! :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    About to watch the first episode of "Cult", which is apparently the brainchild of Farscape creator Rockne O' Bannon.
    ...what?! You'll have to say if it's any good.

So, Utopia then? It was something different, interesting and even though it pushed suspension of disbelief, it was still enjoyable. So, with the way it ends [full series spoilers]I kinda wish it had ended then and there. Whilst I didn't think the Jessica twist was totally surprising (too many hints) I'm not sure I totally follow the woman-behind-the-man thing going on. It's a conspiracy story, so there always needs to be another layer, but how many are too many? Despite that, I like the idea that it ends there, that everything that happened up-to-date was essentially made redundant and what happens next is left up to wild speculation. I'm concerned that with what plot strands are left, that there is no way the next series can maintain the quality and hold up the already quite weak believability.

At the same time, I'd have hoped it ended sooner. It was so bloody obvious that something bad was going to happen once the warehouse went up in fire. There was too much time left. The problem is the punch of the hook was completely removed when an episode ago C4 were announcing the 'Season 1' DVD. Dammit, C4! Alternatively, they could've ended it with the warehouse, that that was that, all good and done. At the same time, I do hope that the next series will be enjoyable and I will watch it, but I am concerned and I think justifiably.
    [/spoilers]
    Last edited by The JG Man; 20-02-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I'm not to sure a Second season will work to be honest, they've pretty much explained everything and i don't really see where it could go. The first "season" was so good at its conspiracy plot line its really bleak viewpoint and disturbing quality and had very interesting ideas that a second season would just seem like repeating a greatest hits CD. Or maybe a second season would go completely the opposite direction and make a new story which i would actually look forward to more because I think the vision was pretty good.

As for Black Mirror wow was that a really disturbing and uncomfortable watch, even more so at the end when you found out everything it actually made some of the things even more disturbing. Charlie Brooker should do more Horror he's really good at it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Did a bit of a catch up with Black mirror. Both pretty interesting episodes in different ways. With the first they foreshadow the conclusion with the conversation early on about the mother putting the pictures up in the attic. She couldn't bring herself to throw the past away, vs just hide it away (out of sight, out of mind). Thought provoking stuff nevertheless, though I wondered about the whole 'don't turn the light on' part and it kept making me thing something sinister was going to happen.

As for the second episode. I thought it was pretty raw, and delved into rather murky territory. I must admit I consciously don't loiter on tabloid gruesomeness (as much as is possible in this media saturated age). I find the whole carousel of those sort of things rather seedy and vicarious. I'm not entirely sure whether Brooker might not of been preaching to choir in that regard.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Well the pilot for Cult was just oddness given form. It's about a show within a show. And neither one seems all that great at this stage. I can't say I enjoyed it all that much. Aside from Robert Knepper, none of the actors really have much in the way of charisma, and the less said of the attempts to create meta-intrigue the better.

An example of how smart one of the main characters is so far;

"If you put this disc in your computer, it may very well allow bad people to have access to all of your personal information." *puts disc in computer*
    Last edited by Rath; 21-02-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Um I dont think thats how Disks work

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Well the pilot for Cult was just oddness given form. It's about a show within a show. And neither one seems all that great at this stage. I can't say I enjoyed it all that much.
    Oh dear. I was intrigued but that promo looks terrible.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

I finished the sixth season of Burn Notice the other day. It's still good and fun to watch, but the overall premise has outlived itself by now. There's only so many drug lords, war criminals, gangbangers, etc. they can do in before you become indifferent to it. Also, the whole myth arc has been more or less wrapped up.
    I would guess the (confirmed) seventh season is going to be the last one.
    to wound the autumnal city.

I've recently been watching The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret after friend recommendation. I'm not quite sure I like it, but it is interesting...
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    I've recently been watching The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret after friend recommendation. I'm not quite sure I like it, but it is interesting...
    I've been meaning to get around to watching the second series. I liked it but found myself struggling to watch at times due to the sheer overload of cringe. It's brilliant just how ridiculous the situations he ends up getting into are; if he was any way a likeable character it would be unbearable to watch.

This of course links me (through the guy who plays the lead character) to Arrested Development, which I've finally got around to watching, after a couple of people recommended it to me. Half way through the first series just now and it's perfect lunch break watching. I've been told continued viewing pays off in the form of in jokes which I'm looking forward to as I'm partial to a nice set of running gags.

AD is amazingly dense in its joke delivery. There are tons of reference to throw-away lines later in the series and a few jokes that appear to have been set up in series one, with the punchline arriving in the final series.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

I'm also a big fan of the "next time" segments, which instead of being a preview (what with them never actually happening) are an excuse for throwaway gags, surreal nonsense and tying up things that clearly just weren't working out due to time constraints.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    I'm also a big fan of the "next time" segments, which instead of being a preview (what with them never actually happening) are an excuse for throwaway gags, surreal nonsense and tying up things that clearly just weren't working out due to time constraints.
    I'm still struggling to figure out why every show doesn't do this. Does anyone actually like having the next episode spoiled? I was lamenting their absence while watching Curb Your Enthusiasm recently. (Though of course I suppose any show that did would get accused of ripping off Arrested Development... Likely by the same people calling for more shows like AD.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Anyone saw latest Walking Dead episode ? The ending shooting was really good,quite realistic as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

HNNNNGH
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by sketch View Post

hnnnngh
    squeeeee!!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Can't wait to see how they portray The Red Wedding.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR