Page 61 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2925
    I just finished devouring That Mitchell and Webb Look, as well as TM&W Situation... and I crave more British comedies. Do you good blokes have any suggestions of other shows in the same vein?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Strong Game of Thrones episode for the women this time. We got to see the cool fight between Jamie and Brie, plus Margaery Tyrell looked like a freakin' genius in her scene with Joffrey. Feel free to correct me (don't you dare), but I don't think the books offer anything from the perspective of Joffrey or Margaery so that scene only exists in the show.

I'm going to add it to the list of good additions, even though the show has a habit of taking things from the book that were only hinted at and flinging them into the spotlight with all the subtlety of a Michael Bay blockbuster.
    Yeah, I thought latest ep was really strong. I'm not convinced about Ciaran Hinds as Mance - he was fantastic in Rome but I really didnt like his (albeit short) appearance in the latest ep. I suspect its just because I know they got turned down by Dom West who would have been great.

I also thought the direwolves looked really good in this Ep, much better than Greywind's appearance in S1

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Yeah strong episode for sure and they packed a lot in. Diana Rigg was killing it as Queen of Thorns.

JHC though, Bran and Rickon are both growing up fast. Bran's almost as tall as Jon Snow. Osha needs to stop saying 'the little lords' soon

Not so struck on the Reeds ..they just come across as bit RADA poncy in truth. I always imagined them to be a bit more ferret like, for want of a better description.

Also..so much for your water dancing training Arya...disarmed in no time...disappointing

Brienne steam rollering Jamie was pretty sweet though. Bow down before your mistress Kingslayer :)

Correct on the joffery/maegery stuff..however the additions are great and I like the way they are playing it
    Yep Diana Rigg captured Olenna perfectly. I was kind of prepared for Bran look older after S2 commentaries but still was taken aback. I found the bit where you just see Rickon..what I can only describe as..spazzing off into the distance, profoundly weird.

Yeah I really dont like Jojen, I might still be convinced by Meera, but I'm not hopeful as she was one of my favourite characters in the books and I'm not sure the actress has the right look

I really like many of the additions the show has made, or can at least see why they've done certain things, but while I liked the Margaery/Joffrey stuff, I'm not sure I like the Petyr Baelish changes.

Edit: Incidentally I was slightly disappointed with the S2 commentaries didnt go into as much detail about why they made certain changes / editions, unlike S1 where (unless I imagined it) they pretty much justified all the main changes from the book - which I found interesting to understand even if I didnt agree with

Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    I just finished devouring That Mitchell and Webb Look, as well as TM&W Situation... and I crave more British comedies. Do you good blokes have any suggestions of other shows in the same vein?
    Depends how familiar you are with British comedy but some obvious choices would be

Peep Show - Mitchell and Webb are both in this although its a different kind of comedy - much closer to what you might term cringe comedy although unlike say the Office, I can actually bring myself to watch it

For some other sketch shows you could check out things like Not The Nine O'clock News, the Fast Show or the Peter Serafinowicz Show

For panel / topical shows you can't go wrong with the likes of QI, mock the week, have I got news for you, Charlie Brookers Weekly Wipe, 8 out of 10 Cats

For somewhat more story driven stuff then there's loads to choose from but Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Young Ones, Bottom and Max & Paddy's road to nowhere would get my recommendation

For somewhat lesser known shows you could check out stuff like The Detectives, Waiting for God, The Thin Blue Line, One Foot in the Grave
    Last edited by Timofee; 09-04-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    Green Wing is pretty hilarious. The protagonist is an annoying emotional retard and the second series devolves into sentimental romantic nonsense, but the entire supporting cast is stellar and more than worth the price of admission.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Edit: Incidentally I was slightly disappointed with the S2 commentaries didn't go into as much detail about why they made certain changes / editions, unlike S1 where (unless I imagined it) they pretty much justified all the main changes from the book - which I found interesting to understand even if I didn't agree with.
    I suspect probably they're steering away from referencing the books, because in large part the series is now its own thing. A lot of the conversation during season one was about adaptation from book to TV because that was the main challenge, but series two was really about continuing the story on from series one with the narrative from the books as a broad template as to the play of events rather than a definitive bible. To constantly be verbally referencing things that they've moved away from on a number of fronts (we're getting more and more scenes that don't exist in the books with every episode for instance) would be counter productive in many ways, especially given a lot of people might be really into the TV series but not have an active interest in the books.

Hoping podcast of ice and fire get their review up soon. I look forward to seeing whether any tables are flipped: -

Last edited by Kadayi; 09-04-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I still think its pretty faithful to the book its general plotting and actions is gotten fro mthe book its only its edges here and there thats changed and adding a bit more colour to some characters that were off screen but are important to some plots then and in the future. One of the things I definitly love is that how smooth they have become in knowing how much screen time to give to a character and where to go with it, and als what to use to bridge the various chaarcters. Season 1 struggled with this and did feel a little clunky(my god remember how many times they had the same speech about how Winter was a terrible thing?) but they seemed to have fixed it in season 2 and beyond.

Shame I can't actually watch the latest episode because my girlfriend isn't here.

Gotten to season 2 of Farscape, the second half of season 1 was a lot weaker on the one in done storylines, and season 2 seems to be mixed where there are some great ones and there are some where your just like what. An episode about falling down a rock with underground surfer like dudes has got to be a lowpoint I have to say.

So many cult cartoons coming out now really hard to choose between them...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Gotten to season 2 of Farscape
    Excellent!

the second half of season 1 was a lot weaker on the one in done storylines
    But...huh...wha...how is that possible?!?!

and season 2 seems to be mixed where there are some great ones and there are some where your just like what.
    Oh man. The first 10 episodes of s2 you have: Crackers Don't Matter (other than being an amazing episode, it also hints towards one of the major plots of the entire show), The Way We Weren't (fantastic character piece), Picture If You Will (which is just so ridiculous, it's really fun), Dream A Little Dream (more character stuff), Out Of Their Minds (possibly the funniest episode of the show). 5 great episodes out of 10. The one you mentioned, Taking The Stone, is also pretty cool. I think it does a great job of highlighting just how screwed up the Nebari are as a society.

Not to mention after that you have a great three-parter, followed not too long after with Won't Get Fooled Again, three episodes after of which is A Clockwork Nebari which, well, I hope you like gore. Then, because the good wasn't quite good enough, you essentially get a 4 parter to finish the season, with the main 3 parter highlighting all the best parts of Farscape and the finale of the season being incredible.

I think I need to watch some more Farscape again.