Page 67 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2517
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Ooh thank you chaps, those are by far the best two maps I've seen! I'm so scared of searching for GoT related stuff, that I couldn't bring myself to do it. Looks like there's a lot of work left to do.
    steam: sketch

The mutiny of the Night's Watch was well handled IMO. Nice beat after Craster's threat before the choas ensue.

This episode reeked of things to come in the near future, amirite?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    So Amazon is running a free (US-only?) Pilot for Alpha House (and a bunch of other shows.) This particular one caught my attention, though: Written by Garry Trudeau of Doonesbury fame, starring John Goodman, Gus Haynes from The Wire and with a cameo by Bill Murray. The director, Adam Bernstein, also directed some of Breaking Bad's best episodes, including "ABQ" and "Box Cutter." I haven't watched it yet, so I'll have to get back to you on whether all that pedigree stacks up. The other shows look like unmitigated garbage; I guess that big survey button on the right side is going to be used to decide which one Amazon ultimately decides to greenlight.

New GoT was good. Not sure what all the bitching was about to begin with, although the entire Unsullied plot probably could have been wrapped up in one episode without all the overt telegraphing.

I like continuum so far.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Activated Node
    i follow Arrow and Game of Thrones at the moment, and when im not watching them im catching up on Supernatural and occasionally watch some Doctor Who and Flight of the Conchords :)

also really excited for next season of Falling Skies and final season of Dexter

The Americans is great but Clark really needs his own spin-off show.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

So earlier in the week I decided to give Game of Thrones a go. After watching the first episode I wasn't sure if the focus on people would be for me.

I did give the second episode a go though where it's much clearer that the focus isn't on the people but the politics. Since then I've burned through all of season 1, 2, and am now up to date on season 3 >.>

A few things bug me about the show though: firstly how naive/dumb/trusting all of the Stark's seem to be, despite everyone they know being treacherous/untrustworthy.

And secondly, that the show still hasn't answered some of the questions it posed in the first season, namely the magical dire wolfs that are apparently ferocious, and loyal despite clearly having not been trained.
    Otherwise it's been good, aside from the very out of place music when they [SPOILER] cut off prince Charming's hand. [/end]

I've also been watching Happy Endings, which is now my favorite sitcom on TV. It's like How I met your Mother or Friends, but far more self-aware, the main cast aren't all straight white people, and it's still actually funny. It's also got some very punchy one-liners.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Otherwise it's been good, aside from the very out of place music when they [SPOILER] cut off prince Charming's hand. [/end]
    I guess you missed Drake Sigar's little tirade a few pages back.

It illustrates my boredom that I've actually been keeping up with this awful season of Community, but the latest episode (written by Dean Pelton, who's an Oscar-winning screenwriter) was finally worth watching. I don't know how they screwed up a puppet episode, but there you have it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    And secondly, that the show still hasn't answered some of the questions it posed in the first season, namely the magical dire wolfs that are apparently ferocious, and loyal despite clearly having not been trained.
    The TV show does lack the narrative depth of the books in this regard, wherein the fact that some of the Starks are Wargs is more clearly outlined.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    It illustrates my boredom that I've actually been keeping up with this awful season of Community, but the latest episode (written by Dean Pelton, who's an Oscar-winning screenwriter) was finally worth watching. I don't know how they screwed up a puppet episode, but there you have it.
    To give me something to wait for and to spread out my TV schedule, last year and a half I've bought the DVDs of Community and watched them then. Problem is, after season 2 (and I didn't like the second-part of the paintball episode) I'm concerned that this year I'll have season 3 which I know split a lot of people and then after that, if I chose to, season 4. I'm at a loss of what to do, really. Hell, I still need to get season 5 of Chuck. I feel like after seeing it through to the end of 4, which means including the down-right terrible first half of season 3, I owe it to myself to see it end, and yet...not heard good things about that either.