Page 82 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2526
    Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallimaufry View Post
    I'm quite caught up in Person of Interest. Before watching an episode I was a bit sceptical, but I was pleasantly surprised once a friend talked me into watching it.
    Same here -- my wife & I love Person of Interest. The bro chemistry between Reese & Finch is a big part of what makes it good, mostly thanks to Michael Emerson's acting, but the show's general premise also opens up lots of opportunities for keeping things fresh.

The only other one that competes for our interest (hah) is The Walking Dead.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 15-08-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Premieres September 16th:

I think I spotted John Cho in there.

Activated Node
    Just finished my annual rewatch of Babylon 5. Still one of the best SciFi-Shows out there.

Now I'm finishing up Terminator SCC season 2. It's a shame this show got cancelled, there's some really good stuff in there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Hanzawa Naoki, a recent TBS financial drama in Japan, currently up to 5th episode, and a Japanese TV drama usually contains 10 to 13 episodes each.

I haven't had watched Japanese TV some years ago, since quality of Japanese TV drama is generally declining. One fatal weakness, Japaneses are never keen on exporting their TV programmes, at least not as keen as exporting their TVs. I heard that even Japaneses themselves are increasing fond of Korean TV programmes and K-pop. But this one is an exception. It enjoys so extraordinarily high viewership. Too many of my friends urged me to watch it so I cannot stand to ignore it anymore. It is now such a hit in East Asia. I really hope fans will translate it in English so that westerners can watch this exciting drama, too.

This is an adoption of the financial thriller with the same name. Remember, Japanese names have family names first, and then first name. So Hanzawa is the family name of the main character. He is an officer of Tokyo Central Bank's (fictional of course, and this "Central" only indicates it is a very powerful corporation, it's not "Central" in functionality) Osaka branch's loan department. Hanzawa's director, the chief of the Osaka branch Tadasu Asano, ordered Hanzawa to approve the loan of a large Osaka steel company of half a billion JPY, so that the Osaka branch would reach the target of 10B JPY loan offering within that financial year. Yet the steel company soon went bankrupt, and Tadasu blamed on Hanzawa for full responsibility. Hanzawa refused to accept the guilt, of course, and planned for retribution.

This drama is truly amazing. Yet I wonder, why it is so different between western and eastern cultures. I enjoyed western (mainly US, since US is always so eager to export its TV dramas) TV. Most of them involve exciting sagas of characters who overcome the obstacles to achieve high. While Hanzawa Naoki is intended to illustrate the Japanese economic problem, what draws in large audience is actually the office politics it portrays. I don't understand, why easterners are always so keen of internal struggle. No matter how advanced society we have, we always take on one next to us, within the group. No one would question if Japan is an advanced society, right? Yet I see no different between Japanese and other easterner like myself, all consumed by internal struggle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Requisite acknowledgement that I've watched this week's Breaking Bad and have since looked up all definitions of the term 'tense' after gently cooing to myself in a bid to return to normal behaviour.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Marathoning my way through The Newsroom, finished season 1, up to 2x03 now. Liking the changes to the intro for season 2, makes me want to perforate my ear-drums much less.

Finished The Sopranos, the finale was a bit too artsy for my liking.

Onwards to the third season of Boardwalk Empire, which has a lot of Sopranos actors in it.

I was really hoping Dexter would redeem itself with its final season but I'm increasingly finding myself fast forwarding through the episodes. Why they feel the need to give each minor character their own arc is boggling. Vince was fine as a creepy/pathetic co-worker but I really could not care about his journey. Ditto everyone who works in the police station that isn't a Morgan.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Ditto everyone who works in the police station that isn't a Morgan.

But hasn't that been the case for all seasons of Dexter?

Ray Donovan. Surprisingly good.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    But hasn't that been the case for all seasons of Dexter?
    Well, yeah. But I'm sure they weren't all so annoying in early seasons and we weren't expected to give a shit about Batista, LaGuerta or tedious Joey. I had been hoping that they could all take a backseat for the final series but instead we get some bullshit plot about Vince *episode 3 spoiler* 's daughter *episode 3 spoiler*.
    Last edited by Dubbill; 20-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Masuka is my favorite character on the show; as far as I'm concerned there can't be enough of him on-screen in the series.

This truck is absolutely perfect for his character, yet was totally unexpected.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So this last run of Futurama has for the most part been pretty darn good, but this latest episode is one of the best that's been on for a long time. Next week is the first part of its conclusion and whilst I look forward to it going out with a bang, I also have no idea what on earth they'll do, considering this will be the third conclusion they've had to write and the first one was pretty much perfect.