Page 84 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3113
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Also:

To me it looked like Gomie was shot.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I thought that too.

Also, here's a gif of part of the sequence. I think it should alleviate a good few concerns people have. Spoiler alert on that link.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

It's worth watching the making of as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHMytkcbNf8

I think a few of the shots might actually be all taking place at the same time. Also

It takes Gomie and Hank like 2-3 seconds to get to the car in real time which looks a lot longer in slomo.

I

I'd had Sons Of Anarchy 6x01 somewhat spoiled for me, but still... Hoh-lee shit.

Spoilers:

• Otto.
    • It will never be ok to see bad things happen to Lyla.
    • How many times is Ima going to have someone randomly smash her face into a hard surface without warning.
    • RoboCop Peter Weller turned up as a crooked ex-cop.
    • Of all the things a person should NOT to say to Tig, that was what could earn you a drowning in a bath of piss most quickly.
    • I genuinely do not know why Clay and Unser are still alive by this point.
    • Has lawyer woman had botox? Her mouth looks far too rigid.
    • Goddamn, Juice can take a punch.
    • Gemma buying Neros' kid a water gun... in light of the final scene, that may have not been the best gift idea.
    • So Lee Toric is a heroin addict. I'm calling it right now - that will be the undoing of whatever case he's building against SAMCRO.
    • The scars on the kids arm... were they self inflicted or did someone do that to him? One of the phrases in his notebook of horror was "God doesn't like bullies".
    • I'm really glad they didn't show the inside of that classroom.
    • In terms of episode pacing, the shooting should have been when the credits rolled. The montage of Jax and friend, Gemma and Nero, Tara putting the skills Gemma taught her to use, Chibbs stitching up Juices' face, Bobby and his map, etc. could have worked just as well before that.
    • Is fucking your own reflection in a mirror something heroin addicts do on a regular basis, or is this unique to Toric?

I dunno how I feel about that. On the one hand, it surely won't impact on Breaking Bad in any significant way, but on the other, it seems to be taking something good and wanting to stretch it out unnecessarily. Saul works in BB because you see him for the amount of time you do, doing the things he does. I think any more than that and I just wouldn't really care or be as interested for so long.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I dunno how I feel about that. On the one hand, it surely won't impact on Breaking Bad in any significant way, but on the other, it seems to be taking something good and wanting to stretch it out unnecessarily. Saul works in BB because you see him for the amount of time you do, doing the things he does. I think any more than that and I just wouldn't really care or be as interested for so long.
    It could end up like that really terrible Pirates movie which ditched the rest of the cast and focused entirely on Jack Sparrow. Or the majority of Will Ferrells stand alone movies, you know, where he plays the same dippy character who in something like Wedding Crashers is great because he's only on screen for about ten minutes but a stand alone character movie is too much to handle.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Also I'm wondering where they will take it really especially since its a prequel(though clever them for making it one since now people who thought he might survive cause of this series coming out might change there mind) is it going to just be a case of the week more of a character study like Breaking Bad is? I do like his character but I feel the same it might weaken his character seeing him on screen all the time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm a season behind SoA so I started season 5 last night, watched one episode. That Pope guy is not messing around. Not. At. All.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I'm a season behind SoA so I started season 5 last night, watched one episode. That Pope guy is not messing around. Not. At. All.
    Oh man, you are in for some shocks. I seriously don't want to spoil it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It could end up like that really terrible Pirates movie which ditched the rest of the cast and focused entirely on Jack Sparrow.
    Fact: My housemates at uni dragged me to see Pirates 4, despite my protests that it'd be rubbish. Not only did we still go and watch it in pointless 3D, my feelings were not swayed post-watch and my housemates said they enjoyed it. Until a few weeks later when both of them admitted it was rubbish. Moral of the story is, don't go and see Pirates 4, it's shite.

Fact: BBC are putting on Orphan Black, starting from next week on BBC 3 (Friday and Saturday evenings cover the first two episodes). Alternatively, if you'd rather watch it now, it's actually available on iPlayer. Indeed, it's actually the featured show on there. Standard rules of recommendation for this show: do not read or watch anything about it, just go in blind. Do not watch the trailers for future episodes. I also strongly recommend giving the show until the end of the second episode. The pilot is a bit weird in presentation, but the second is pretty consistent and and generally rather good anyhow.

So yeah, everyone should go watch Orphan Black.