Page 86 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3162
    Everybody go watch the first episode of Sleepy Hollow right now.

Network Hub
    Anyone watch that Peeky Blinders on BBC 2 last Thursday? Sort of a UK Gangster drama set in the 1920s just after the war. Not sure about it yet, lots of clichés in the story department. But I do like the PTS angle on some of the characters. It also has Sam Neill who I like, playing a Irish supercop who seems quite good. Its only been one episode so things might get a little better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I loved Sleepy Hollow.
    It has witches, masons, Clancy Brown, demons, time travel, Sulu, the Revolutionary War, Orlando Jones, magic priests, a hot redhead, a decent scare or two and a Headless Horseman who wields shotguns and machineguns. As far as I can tell the Horseman's stunts and weapon power-ups are stolen directly from Tim Burton's movie.

I like how Ichabod Crane doesn't act like a fish out of water all the time - he just rolls with it, is able to figure out things by himself and even blend in well enough.

This has a lot of potential. It reminds me of The Secret World MMO. The ratings are insane and the word of mouth is good. Please don't fuck it up!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Wow that Breaking bad episode was heart stomping, heart breaking, tense, and horribly dark. Was floored after it ended.
    I had to fast forward through the knife bit I was so scared that someone was going to get shivved. Must admit I thought they resolved the events of the previous episode pretty well, although that gunfight still went on too long. Things kind of played out as I expected to a large degree, although I thought perhaps the Neos might have taken all the money.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Due to AMC's creative bankruptcy, Mad Men like Breaking Bad will have its final season split into two half-seasons, each one with seven episodes (yay, an extra episode) and will ultimately finish in 2015 (booooooo!). AMC: "Because we really, really need it to still be on the air!"
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Due to AMC's creative bankruptcy, Mad Men like Breaking Bad will have its final season split into two half-seasons, each one with seven episodes (yay, an extra episode) and will ultimately finish in 2015 (booooooo!). AMC: "Because we really, really need it to still be on the air!"
    Breaking Bad managed to pick up double the viewership for it's second half of season five by taking a mid season break that lasted a year. This gave everyone who hadn't started it time to go out and get the box sets or netflix and catch up.

It worked brilliantly.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    This has a lot of potential. It reminds me of The Secret World MMO.
    Okay, I'm definitely going to start watching this, then.

Banned
    Hey I'm down with more Mad Men. Extra episode is fine by me. Interested to see with both BB & Mad Men coming to their conclusions what other shows AMC have lined up (we'll look past the slow motion car crash that is TWD).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Breaking Bad managed to pick up double the viewership for it's second half of season five by taking a mid season break that lasted a year. This gave everyone who hadn't started it time to go out and get the box sets or netflix and catch up.

It worked brilliantly.
    Except that was built on a cliff-hanger that, perhaps whilst predictable, set up a massive change of events. The cliff-hangers in Mad Men tend to elicit a curious interest, as opposed to rabid need to discover. The pacing of the two shows is totally different too, simply breaking them up a season like that in the hopes of getting increased interest for the final run I just don't think can happen with Mad Men. What, on earth, could they pull out to make you go "Oh gosh, I need to tell everyone about this so they're there, watching every episode in these last seven weeks?" Breaking Bad has that. Even if it wasn't what there was, there were so many other possibilities, predicted or not, that could have been used.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Interested to see with both BB & Mad Men coming to their conclusions what other shows AMC have lined up (we'll look past the slow motion car crash that is TWD).
    TWD spin-off, BB spin-off...why not just complete the set, eh?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

So TWD is pulling a Stargate Atlantis, basically doing the same show with different faces? Well, it can't possibly be worse than the main series.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    So TWD is pulling a Stargate Atlantis, basically doing the same show with different faces? Well, it can't possibly be worse than the main series.
    I don't know, they did a pretty great job of making every character an asshole the first go-around.

Except that was built on a cliff-hanger that, perhaps whilst predictable, set up a massive change of events. The cliff-hangers in Mad Men tend to elicit a curious interest, as opposed to rabid need to discover. The pacing of the two shows is totally different too, simply breaking them up a season like that in the hopes of getting increased interest for the final run I just don't think can happen with Mad Men. What, on earth, could they pull out to make you go "Oh gosh, I need to tell everyone about this so they're there, watching every episode in these last seven weeks?" Breaking Bad has that. Even if it wasn't what there was, there were so many other possibilities, predicted or not, that could have been used.
    Absolutely nobody told me to watch BB because of the cliff hanger at the end of season 5. They all told me to watch it because "it's such a great show and everyone should try it". The same could happen with Mad Men, a show I've never watched or paid any attention to which is just how I was with BB. Then I finally sat down to watch it and got through it all and now I watch it weekly.

If Mad Men is a good show, pacing or not people might be inclined to do the same thing and watch through it all before it starts to air again.

Do I think it's the best thing to do for a show? Not really, but it'll be interesting to see if it works again. I can tolerate you suffering for a year in the name of science.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I have now marathoned my way through 13 seasons of King Of The Hill.

I can honestly say, if Peggy had in fact died in that parachute jump where her chute didn't open, I would not have been sorry to see it. As integral to the show as she is, I cannot stand her.

Highlights:

2x04 - Hilloween
    Hank taking on a fundamentalist who wants to ban Halloween. "Get out of my house! ... Exodus!"

4x19 - Hanks' Bad Hair Day
    "Damn Hank, you look like the fella who killed the other fella!"

6x01 - Bobby Goes Nuts
    "That's my purse! I don't know you!"

7x21 - Night and Deity
    Bill and Boomhauer standing vigil over a pigeon that's coming down from a bad trip after eating hallucinogen laced popcorn. That description alone should make it worth watching.

10x15 - Edu-macating Lucky
    Hank cleaning carbon build-up from the grill: "You know some people like to keep this stuff on for flavour. We won't be eating at their houses."

11x05 - Hank Gets Dusted
    "We're related to ZZ Top?!" "I'm gonna tear your beard off!"

Banned
    TWD spin-off, BB spin-off...why not just complete the set, eh?
    There's a walking dead spin off? did not know...also can't say I really care either unless Kirkmans not directly involved Also tbh although I like the character of Saul, I just don't think he's interesting enough to have his own series, although I guess it presents them with opportunities to bring Mike back ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Trying to slowly watch Vikings. Not too bad, although the Norse are way nicer than they should have been.

Fever Ray's song in the opening doesn't hurt at all, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Watching the documentary The Story of the Jews makes me angry about how we have treated these people throughout our history, makes me realise what Is real actually is for the Jewish people. Surprised that the Jewish banker stereotype comes from medieval era. Also in 18-19th century people thought that Jewish bankers were controlling the world for their evil ends. There's some people that believe that now!

Wagner is a prick

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    There's a walking dead spin off? did not know...also can't say I really care either unless Kirkmans not directly involved Also tbh although I like the character of Saul, I just don't think he's interesting enough to have his own series, although I guess it presents them with opportunities to bring Mike back ;)
    Sadly I believe Kirkman is directly involved. The new show is meant to be free from the "shackles" of the comic and Kirkman is very excited about being able to work like that.

Steam ID

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Watching the documentary The Story of the Jews makes me angry about how we have treated these people throughout our history, makes me realise what Is real actually is for the Jewish people. Surprised that the Jewish banker stereotype comes from medieval era. Also in 18-19th century people thought that Jewish bankers were controlling the world for their evil ends. There's some people that believe that now!
    Whose we exactly?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Uh it is Humanity in every country they have been in they have been kicked into the mud and told to get out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Sadly I believe Kirkman is directly involved. The new show is meant to be free from the "shackles" of the comic and Kirkman is very excited about being able to work like that.
    The show is pretty much free from the shackles of the comic anyway, seeing as how different it is. That said, at least the spin off should stop annoying comic-fans.
    steam: sketch