Page 114 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3343
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    One of the things Farscape excels at is taking the usual Plot Of The Week Thing, but mixing it up in its own special blend. Over the course of the show, you'll see a lot of things that many other shows have done before, but delivered almost entirely in a unique way. I also think that episode is the first one to make a point of doing weird things to eyes. It gets so much worse.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Favourite Farscape moments, spoiler protected for those not yet all the way up to speed:

2x04 - Crackers Don't Matter

I know it became a slight retcon given that he hadn't been properly established yet, but the first manifestation of Harvey was a truly creepy moment the first time it happened. The holo-recording of Scorpius suddenly talking back to John and then becoming solid and stepping down off the device-platform was properly unnerving. The look on Ben Browders' face in that scene is brilliant. YouTube.

2x15 - Won't Get Fooled Again
    Tough noogies! That is all. YouTube.

3x21 - Wolf In Sheeps' Clothing
    "Talyn... Starburst." YouTube.

4x21 - La Bomba
    "I wore a nuclear bomb in a field of flowers." Aeryn realising just how badly traumatised John has become and knowing there are no words she can even attempt to use to comfort him. YouTube.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    2x04, that isn't a retcon, it's definitely foreshadowing.[Spoilers]You could also make an argument that it leaving the pedestal was the first time it properly manifested itself, given that the programme was to do with self-preservation. It helped remind Crichton of the situation and to refocus him.[/spoilers]
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Really want to watch Farscape again, but it's not been long enough since the last time, so I can remember it all too well.

Watched the last four seasons of Strike Back. I think I preferred the first season. It was more serious, had rather fewer instances of women getting phone calls while they were in the shower, and a good deal fewer pointless sex scenes too.
    Still, the newer episodes kept me well entertained too.

Also watched some episodes of Vikings. Not really sure what to think. Doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with it, but it didn't really grab me. I might try to watch more of it later on.

Now I'm watching Sherlock. Only four episodes in (or three, depending on how you count, what with the odd two versions of the first episode). Not sure of it yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    2x04, that isn't a retcon, it's definitely foreshadowing.

I heard somewhere that the writers liked the way it happened
    so they made up the neural clone so they could get Scorpious in a lot more since it seemed to work very well so I think it was a happy accident that the writers made into a bit more. Which I think was a great idea!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I've been watching the first few episodes of the Israeli series חטופים, also known as Hatufim or Prisoners of War. So far it's been quite interesting.

The basic plot is as follows: 17 years ago, three Israeli soldiers were abducted while on a mission in Lebanon. Now two of them have been released, the third is said to be dead. (Which probably means he isn't... TV logic, we'll see.) They are allowed to return to their families, or what is left of them, but are also required to go through various IDF procedures with psychologists etc. It quickly becomes apparent that the stories they tell don't add up, and that the two of them are hiding something.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I've been watching the first few episodes of the Israeli series חטופים, also known as Hatufim or Prisoners of War.
    IMDb really needs a Unicode overhaul. Or better yet, an open clone.
    It's here
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

currently none

but i watched xfiles completely yes old but master of its genre :D

Finished the first season of Orange is the new Black and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of great characters in a small space. Also, lesbians.

Now Netflix recommends "Russia's toughest prisons".

Rizzoli and Isles is just appallingly badly written. I had never heard of it before today when I was made to sit through two episodes of the most paper thin characterisation I've ever seen, and a situation so offensive I found it difficult to believe any of the actors involved had agreed to appear in it.

Specifically, one of the victims of a serial rapist/murderer is lying horrifically injured in a hospital bed, with one of the titular detectives promising the barely conscious woman that she will be OK and that they will get the person who did this. It was pretty brutal stuff. Shortly thereafter, the woman dies of her injuries and is later seen on an autopsy table when a potential love interest for the pathologist character shows up in the room, somehow allowed to be brought in there by the same detective character, where the victims' body suddenly becomes the set-up for a supposedly comedic situation and comes within a hairs' breadth of being used as a prop for said comedy. It was jaw-droppingly inappropriate, to say the least.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Best shows on TV right now:

Broad City (Comedy Central): I've laughed more times per episode at this than any other show on the air right now. It's really good.

Rick and Morty (Cartoon Network): Total brilliance.

Nathan For You (Comedy Central): Not currently airing (although it's been renewed for a second season), but I just mainlined the entire first season in like 3 hours and it's bloody hilarious. The premise of the show sounds dumb (which prevented me from giving it a chance when it was originally on the air), but it's really funny.

Check it Out with Dr Steve Brule
    (Cartoon Network): John C Reily is just so brilliantly compelling in this that I have to watch it, even when it's not laugh out loud funny. Although, the first episode of this season (where Dr Brule visits and air field) might be the funniest of the show's run.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 23-03-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I finally saw the last Twin Peaks episode and.. just no.
    I'll go check the film.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

I binged the entirety of the Red Riding mini series (three 100 minute movies) as it has been recommended to me by someone who thought it to be similar to True Detective. Well, I have no doubt the creators of True Detective are big fans of Red Riding as the similarities are too numerous to be a coincidence, even if both shows are ultimately quite different.
    Red Riding is about mysterious murders happening in the Yorkshire region and the three episodes are set in the years 1974, 1980 and 1983. There's police brutality, sideburns, local corruption and Yorkshire accents so thick, you can cut it with a knife. It's really quite noir, like an English Chinatown.
    In my opinion it's in many ways better than True Detective and if there is one bad thing about Red Riding is that due to the rather short length it sometimes feels too densely packed and not every character gets enough screentime. Overall a must-see.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes

It's fairly old anime. It combines sci-fi with political games set to classical music.

The story takes place in distant future where galaxy is ruled by Empire which resembles 19th Germany with Kaiser as the emperor. The empire is currently at war with other human faction of Free Planet Alliance a democratic society. Yet neither side is the bad guy here.
    You have two 'main' characters from each side. Both of them are very gifted leaders who get to command massive fleets of spaceships in order to bring their side to victory. The anime features massive battles with 1000s of ships with Mozart playing as soundtrack.

Another part is political machinations of every character. Betrayals, getting favours, scheming. As important as fighting battles. Gets fairly confusing because of dozens of characters.

Anime is very slow paced and quiet heavy to watch. It's old so handdrawn animation looks dated but I highly recommend it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Make sure you watch LoGH in broadcast order. A lot of people/sites recommend chronological order but really, its not worth it. Watch it as the creators intended. Its a fascinating show but requires commitment.

Sci-Fi is something anime has always and continues to do well.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jHYI52YAiIvSX5

this is where im watching it and in what order.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Not exactly broadcast TV per se but those with consoles and smart TV's should be able to get teh youtubes on their TV without any problems. I've been recently gorging on the content from the https://www.youtube.com/user/DoubleFineProd channel. Specifically the 2012 and 2014 Amnesia Fortnight series of documentaries. Such a great inside look into how games are made that I think should be required viewing for any gamer with the slightest bit of interest.

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Documentary Series

Amnesia Fortnight 2014 Documentary Series

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jHYI52YAiIvSX5

this is where im watching it and in what order.
    Did you pick up that link earlier in the thread? It was me who linked it then. :)

That aside: http://redditanime.wikia.com/wiki/Le...alactic_Heroes

His youtube playlist seems to be broadcast/release order anyway. His description on the youtube page is pretty comprehensive. Have a read.
    Last edited by khaz; 24-03-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Anyone watching new episode of Game of Thrones ? Any good ?

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Did you pick up that link earlier in the thread? It was me who linked it then. :)

That aside: http://redditanime.wikia.com/wiki/Le...alactic_Heroes

His youtube playlist seems to be broadcast/release order anyway. His description on the youtube page is pretty comprehensive. Have a read.
    maybe? I got that link last year. I think more than 8 months ago.