Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2943
    Very impressed by the Game of Thrones season opener. Everything got better it seems. Oberyn is fantastic (something I was quite worried about). Jon Snow feels a lot more natural. Joffrey got even more sass. Janos Slynt is even more of an asshole. References that are completely lost on non-readers ("As a fellow second son...", blue roses)!
    Also, the Pulp Fiction-esque ending.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Game Of Thrones 4x01 - Arya Stark has officially become terrifying.

Sillicon Valley 1x01 - Mike Judge has essentially decided to make a series very much like Office Space. Couple of decent jokes, (liquid shrimp - ick.) and a terribly unhelpful doctor who absolutely stole his scene. Plot - a guy invents a compression algorithm that quickly becomes the subject of a bidding war, he gets panic attacks over the amount of money being offered, decides to reject the money offers and begin a startup company with his band of misfits. Enjoyable show, though I hope they don't keep Green Days' "Minority" as the permanent choice of end credits music.

Family Guy 12x16 - "Bryan Cranston Sneezes" might be the best thing I've ever seen.

Last edited by Rath; 07-04-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    GoT

Wonder how they'll deal with Meereen.

Was good opener though, I agree about Jon, he was much better. I think it must be he's into the better part of his arc.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    References that are completely lost on non-readers ("As a fellow second son...", blue roses)!
    Also, what Oberyn said to Tyrion about Rhaegar marrying Elia and then falling in love with another woman. And the mentions of Dunk and Ser Arthur Dayne, and the Whitebook. And the Doom of Valyria, and Volantis. They even name checked Doran Martell.

I also agree with the Kit/Jon comments... could it be that he can actually act well, and that the mopy, sullen, singular expression was just how he acted for the first 3 series? Overall great episode. Oberyn and Ellaria were both handled great, I like the way they've reworked some later book scenes now that Jaime is back to King's Landing early, Lady Olenna meeting Brienne was great, and I think "Arya and the Hound walk into a bar" is going to become some sort of joke/meme. That whole last 15 minutes or so was brilliant... I was on the verge of tears when the Stark theme struck up, half from joy and half in fear... She is terrifying. And she got a pony!

I did have a couple issues... Firstly, no scene between Jaime and Tyrion? He's been in King's Landing for weeks, and he met his father and sister, but not Tyrion? I'm guessing they would have met, off screen somewhere, but it would have been nice to see the interaction between them, seen them catch up. And they've always seemed like they were the only Lannisters with a normal relationship between them.

Secondly, the Thenns. For a start, the whole long pig thing was painfully predictable and the build up to it just became funny for me. Also, and I'll put this in spoilers, because it's a bit spoilery for the books... Yes, the Thenns are supposed to be savage fighters, all bald and fearsome. But, they're also supposed to be the most civilised of the Wildling clans, last descendants of the First Men, with laws and lords and metal working. I can see they're maybe going with Old Gods/First Men = bloodthirsty, human sacrificing, and that they're maybe rolling the Thenns in with the Skagosi perhaps, but I'm guessing that we won't see House Thenn being formed later on, unless they somehow get redeemed a little.

It was so good though, I'm going to watch it again tonight. And seeing Jaime's goodbye wave to Qyburn again I'll forget these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Started watching this few days ago holy shit this is one of the best cartoons for me right now. When you get pass the not so good style of cartoon,you'll be on a great ride. Its so twisted and funny,and also very sad at the times.

You can watch full episodes on youtube in high quality.

Rick & Morty is about a sociopathic scientist who drags his unintelligent grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the universe.

After missing for nearly 20 years, Rick Sanchez (Justin Roiland) suddenly arrives at his daughter Beth’s (Sarah Chalke) doorstep looking to move in with her and her family. Beth welcomes him with open arms, but her unremarkable husband Jerry (Chris Parnell) isn’t too thrilled about the tearful reunion as Rick’s arrival serves to shake things up quite a bit around the household. Rick converts the garage into his personal laboratory and gets to work on all sorts of dangerous sci-fi gadgets and contraptions. That wouldn’t be so bad if not for the fact that Rick continues to involve his grandchildren Morty (Roiland) and Summer (Spencer Grammer) in his insane adventures.

Pilot episode.

One thing I will say about GoT is they're still tending to whitewash some of the fan favourites a bit. Arya and Tyrion are still faithful to the books, but they're tweaking them ever so slightly to make their stories less tragic, eg:

In the show, Arya kills 3 generic evil Lannister men who have no redeeming qualities. One was built up to be even more of a dick because he killed Lommy and nicked Arya's sword. In the book, her getting her sword back is sort of similar, but she actually murders a squire similar to her own age. It's far darker than the sort of "yay, revenge" that's been shown so far.

That said, it's still very good.

Also Game of Thrones. Not much to say that hasn't been said already. Related to the whitewashing, though, I did find it amusing how Oberyn was interrupted the very moment he started disrobing the guy in the brothel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    GoT spoiler question: isn't the Hound supposed to get mortally wounded in that tavern fight or am I remembering it all wrong? In any case it was a fun episode, though I agree with Unaco on the Thenn scene - it felt like they really missed the mark and it just became silly. I'm looking forward to everything going to hell in King's Landing in the coming episodes.

Having read books 3 and 4 since the last season I hope they take a lot of liberties with the plot in the future, since I found those rather a chore to get through.

This spoiler text business is jolly good fun.

My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure he only gets wounded until after they reach the Vale.

Edit: Nope, you're right. Interesting.
    Last edited by wrestledwithgod; 07-04-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Spoilers for GoT:

I think he'll definitely still be wounded. It's just too early. Gives Arya and him some more time together - they're pretty popular.

: )

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    GoT spoiler question:
    GoT Spoiler Answer: In the books, after the Red Wedding, Arya and the Hound try first to get access to the Vale, so he can sell her to her Aunt Lysa. But the Vale is closed, because they're not wanting any refugees. They then potter around a bit and then head back for Riverrun to sell Arya to the Blackfish, before seeking shelter at the Inn at the Crossroads, where the fight with Polliver and the Tickler takes place. That's where he takes the leg wound, and Arya abandons him shortly after. He didn't take that wound in the episode, so they've changed it around... I'll put the further spoiler I know in another spoiler below, just incase you don't want that spoiler.

Further GoT Spoiler, for this series of the show and not the books: For the show, they're turning the sequence from the books around, so instead of Vale > Pottering around > Inn at the Crossroads, it'll be going the other way, from the Inn they'll be going for the Vale, and it's at the border of the Vale that (I think) Sandor will take his "mortal" wound, fighting with Knights of the Vale no doubt.
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I'm just glad to see Bronn back. He was absent for much (all?) of the previous season.

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestledwithgod View Post
    Also Game of Thrones. Not much to say that hasn't been said already. Related to the whitewashing, though, I did find it amusing how Oberyn was interrupted the very moment he started disrobing the guy in the brothel.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Loads of great moments but my favourite was a toss up between the Hound's vocal disdain for people who name swords and the Hound's channelling of a certain Omar Little. Or maybe Jaime's wave, or maybe Arya being terrifyingly badass. I just don't know..

So glad the guy playing Oberyn did a fantastic job he's a great character and I really wanted to see him done well. Daario's face transplant was a bit disconcerting at first but I don't really care too much I found him tiresome in the books and I'm sure I'll find him tiresome in the show.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Joffrey got even more sass.

The weirdest thing actually relating to this...I actually found him kind of funny and not completely wanting to punch him...I'm sure he will be next episode but yeah...strange.

And seeing Jaime's goodbye wave to Qyburn again I'll forget these issues.

That was just hilarious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Also, the Pulp Fiction-esque ending.
    Ha, "this is very Tarantino" was exactly the thought going through my head when watching that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Loads of great moments but my favourite was a toss up between the Hound's vocal disdain for people who name swords and the Hound's channelling of a certain Omar Little. Or maybe Jaime's wave, or maybe Arya being terrifyingly badass. I just don't know.
    I found that line extremely jarring. Still, the Hound works much better here than he does in the books and he has very good chemistry with Arya. Glad they aren't killing him off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    That was just hilarious.
    If we're doing .gifs... This one has him looking round first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I'm just glad to see Bronn back. He was absent for much (all?) of the previous season.
    He did show up a handful of times... When Tyrion was talking to Cersei, he sent Pod to find Bronn. He was with Tyrion when he picked up the ledgers from Littlefinger's brothel, and Pod was rewarded. He was there when Pod came back and gave them details. He and Tyrion discussed the nature of lending money and the state of the Crown's finances. And they also discussed Tyrion's upcoming marriage. Apparently, he was also at the wedding, but I don't really remember seeing him there. He didn't get to kill anyone and make a funny afterwards though, so might be why he isn't sticking out for that season.
    Last edited by Unaco; 07-04-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Jamie's new hand has me desperately searching for a gif of the Beer Mitt from Men Behaving Badly..
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I much prefer Daario since he regenerated.