Page 148 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3235
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Every time I watch an episode of Freaks and Geeks I feel the urge to race on here and say

HEY, EVERYBODY! WATCH FREAKS AND GEEKS! IT'S REALLY, REALLY GREAT!

But I don't, because that would just be gaudy and obnoxious. My love for the show fortifies itself with each new 45 minutes. There's tons of things that you think could just end up going really badly in terms of being a cliché or not really doing anything special, but no. It's all there. It's all polished. It's just a great slice of 'high school drama' with some excellent dialogue. I'm six episodes in and I'm already upset there's only twelve more to go.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I can't leave you hanging. I watched it a couple of years back and it's every bit as great as you say.
    Last edited by Dubbill; 30-07-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: edit!
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Speaking of Twin Peaks, they finally launched the BluRays. Not going to rewatch it so soon, but in case anyone is waiting (the fools), there are high quality prints out there.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Finishing off Sopranos ^^ and starting Game of Thrones, True Detective and House of Cards.. gosh im late to these parties! All the hype went past me like a whirlwind :Ó

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I finished off Sherlock, which I really liked, though it did degrade somewhat - but not much - towards the end. I just read that a fourth series is in the making, which made me disappointed. Stop when you're at the top, I say.

Considering jumping into The Wire or GoT now. Both are pretty big projects...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Stop when you're at the top, I say ... Considering jumping into The Wire or GoT now. Both are pretty big projects...
    The Wire did the same thing you're talking about, that so many great shows do: continue one or two seasons more than it should have. So that might make it a somewhat smaller, more manageable project for you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    The Wire did the same thing you're talking about, that so many great shows do: continue one or two seasons more than it should have. So that might make it a somewhat smaller, more manageable project for you.
    It seems to be the fate of every good series. Either that or premature cancellation. Subnormality was really right:

EDIT: This can be adapted, of course. Twin Peaks is a good example of something that doesn't really follows this trend, it has just half a season extraneous episodes. Fringe should have ended on the 3rd season. The X-Files on the 5th. Etc
    Last edited by somini; 31-07-2014 at 03:06 AM.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    That looks like they used Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a template...

I'm watching wonderland (actually a multimedia mag) about loads of movies I never heard about and I'm loving it.
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One season maybe, but season 4 of The Wire is the best of the bunch by a mile in my opinion. The shift of focus on to the school system was a masterstroke.

That looks like they used Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a template...
    Nah, Buffy peaked in series 2/3, 4 was atrocious (The Initiative arc).

Star Trek: TNG or DS9 would be pretty ideal templates. I guess Supernatural too but it's still running.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Well Supernatural had the weird thing where the creator did have an end season in mind Season 5 I think but it carried on anyway...which is never good really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was Supernatural actually any good? I caught 1 or 2 early episodes and it seemed like a pretty generic supernatural drama. Something fun to catch if it was on, but not really something worth searching out. Then I ignored it and assumed it'd die after 1-2 seasons, and was later surprised that it still seems to be still going.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Nah, Buffy peaked in series 2/3, 4 was atrocious (The Initiative arc).
    I don't remember everything there is to remember about Buffy-- but the silent episode, which was peak television, was in season 4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    Was Supernatural actually any good? I caught 1 or 2 early episodes and it seemed like a pretty generic supernatural drama. Something fun to catch if it was on, but not really something worth searching out. Then I ignored it and assumed it'd die after 1-2 seasons, and was later surprised that it still seems to be still going.
    The first season was pretty weak as the actors consisted of: Some dude from The Gilmore Girls and a guy on Days of Our Lives. And the network was trying to target the "Oh, they are tortured but sexy" angle

Then we got the finale to season 1 (with a MUCH better actor holding things together) which pretty much showed the network what the show SHOULD be and the writers were given a lot more free reign. And Ackles and Padelecki actually learned to act (sort of...).

I would say that Supernatural is great from partway through Season 2 up until the end of the Leviathan arc (Season 7?). The actual planned story ended with season 5, but 6 and 7 actually flowed pretty naturally (think of it like post-game DLC) and were still pretty good.

Then we got season 8 and 9 which are just kind of really really shitty. Occasionally they still have a good episode, but I know I am watching out of momentum more than anything else. That being said, what I have heard from comic-con makes me think the next season may actually be good and fixing a lot of their mistakes.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Twin Peaks is definitely just taking the piss now. [Spoiler]Ladies and gentlemen, Josie...suddenly died![/spoiler] Come on. Come on. Come on.

Screw this show. Screw everything about it. I hate it. It's bad. It's making me feel bad. I feel like I'm wasting my time. My time is definitely being wasted.

At least there aren't too many episodes left, I suppose.