Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Never heard of this, certainly going to give the pilot a run in the evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You break my heart. That entire season was hard for me, what with both Rubicon and Terriers getting axed. Four of my favorite television characters in recent memory, cut off much too early.
    +1 for terriers as well. I'm really not sure why that failed tbh.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

So, have people who watch Misfits seen the finale? Without going into details, I thought it was slightly anti-climactic as a finale for a series but an excellent bridge between this series and whatever they do for the next one. (I have no idea what I expect from the next series.)

EDIT:
    SPOILERS

Oh, I didn't realise Simon was actually off the show now... thought they were gonna have more time-travel gubbins or link past and present some other way until "our" Simon reached the point where he got deaded.

Losing Alisha's no big deal but losing Simon's a shame. So that leaves us with Curtis and Kelly of the original cast and Rudy. Two new characters next series then?
    Last edited by Ian; 20-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Really? I feel somewhat vindicated in my accidental intention of not watching the third series of Misfits then. Sounds silly!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    its been a bit meh this season of Misfits, only the last two episodes(not including the finale, not watched it) have had the old charm of the series to be honest. The rest of it has been middling at best or misguided at worst(I thought the nazi one was the worst they had done, not because of the idea, i thought it could have worked but the way they treated it) and hearing that Simon and alicia are going I might not tune into season 4 since to be honest the other characters haven't really been served well this season and starting to become a bit bland.

(More spoilers ahoy, obviously.)

As you say, with the nazi episode as a prime example I think the problem has been execution as much as anything. This series has been very up and down.

I think part of the problem is that from the finale of episode 2 onwards they've widened the scale in glimpses, but not really followed up on it properly. So we now know that, yes, people having powers is (presumably) quite common knowledge but not addressing the fact that this would change the world in noticeable ways.

And another problem is possibly that they've actually done bugger all with any of the main characters' powers. Aside from Seth since he seems to be one of the main ones now, and Rudy since he's a new character and they kinda had to. But Kelly, Alisha and Simon's barely had anything done with them aside from a few moments across a few episodes. Curtis' new one for the start of the series was used for one episode and then they started a second story with it that appears now to be dead (the pregnancy thing.)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

But Kelly, Alisha and Simon's barely had anything done with them aside from a few moments across a few episodes. Curtis' new one for the start of the series was used for one episode and then they started a second story with it that appears now to be dead (the pregnancy thing.)
    I think thats been the general feel of this season, they had story arcs teased at us, or you know what you think might be starts of story arcs but they never come through.

The power broker, I thought his story would amount to a lot more then that zombie episode and going out with kelly, but nope.

Curtis and his woman/baby. I thought their could have been an interesting episode on whether Curtis should have a baby or not, but they sorted that out in 5 seconds which felt very underwhelming.

Kelly and her Rocket Scientist thing, i swear there would have been an episode focusing on her and how well she got on with them and stuff, but that never happened either.

Simons one is the most disappointing, all that for what we basically knew in season 2, could have been an interesting episode in how to stop him repeating it over and over. But nope.

Glee
    The Walking Dead and
    Dexter..

Found the Misfits finale seriously underwhelming, just felt like a rushed ending to a plotline that was seemingly being saved up for next season (after being the main narrative thread in s2). Then they ended up wrapping it up in 15 minutes at the end of an episode. I can understand the Alisha actress wanting to leave the series, as she's had bugger all to do this year, but it felt like a tacked on exit.

Nazi episode aside I've enjoyed the series, but I don't think it hit the heights of last year and with 3 of the main cast being shed now, I'm not sure I can see a way back for the show. That said I'll still watch it for Joe Gilgun and Lauren Socha's impeccable comic timing.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So, Sherlock, anybody? Thought it was absolutely fantastic, with a convincing and brilliant plot and some marvellous humour. Also Lara Pulver who certainly had some...gravitas for her role.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Hmm I thought that Sherlock was all over the place to be honest. But as soon as it got into the Irene Adler storyline properly it was pretty good. The humour of the show is really great. Watson though feels worse in this episode, I always thought he was not needed as a character in the first series but with Irene, and Sherlock's brother in this he's even more not needed!

I enjoyed Sherlock, but didn't feel like it was perfectly paced and plotted, I actually prefer the Stephen Fry/Guy Richie take on Sherlock's brother as well, he's a little bit bland in this. Apart from that it was mostly good though, great chemistry between the cast and the twists were handled deftly. One thing that irked me was when the CIA bad guy sent his henchmen out of the room for absolutely no reason and only after they had left decided to search for weapons, it's lazy writing to get the character out of a difficult situation that relies on a supposedly competent antagonist doing something incredibly stupid.

I had time to catch up with Black Mirror over the weekend and found it a mixed bag. The first episode didn't do anything for me and I turned it off halfway through. Like others have suggested it felt like a joke/silly idea stretched out over an hours worth of TV. On the other hand, I thought that 15 Million Merits was an outstanding piece of TV that worked on a number of levels. From its grim look at how we consume and obsess over our online identities, the sinister creeping doom of reality show based celebrity and Brooker's final satirical take on his own predicament, from being an outspoken critic, to selling out and becoming part of the system.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Cheers and Breaking Bad.

I know, I know.....
    Compulsion for video gaming and entertainment

Activated Node
    I just finished The IT Crowd. It was brilliant, and while working in IT helped make it funnier, my girlfriend doesn't and she loved it, too.

I'm on season 4 of watching The Wire solo, and season 1 of re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer with my girlfriend (I've watched the whole series a few times already, and she's only seen a handful of episodes but wants to watch the whole thing).

Meh. Nothing much beyond House M.D or travel shows, nowadays. Speaking of travel shows, watched Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations reruns. Found the Vietnam episode amusing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Found The League to be highly amusing thanks to recommendations from this thread, so thanks for that. Funniest show since How I met your mother was good, although season three was a bit weaker than the two first.

Just finished the second series of Him & Her. Brilliant stuff, I'm glad they're also going to do a third one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Still on Alias but I think I'm about to get passed where I watched up to when it was on telly, so it will be nice to stop vaguely remembering what's going to happen next!

I quite enjoyed Sherlock although for the first time it did irk me a bit. Irene Adler is supposed to outwit Holmes and it didn't really sit right that he ended up getting one over on her by the end of the episode. Enjoyable TV all the same.

I've been watching Peep Show at the moment and finding it really funny, Sometimes David Mitchells character reminds me of me in a horrible yet kind of funny way. Its really quite a tragic comedy as well, nothing really goes right for the two people and if there weren't comedy it would probably be a drama. But since it is I am loving it.

Warning; There may be some spoilers here for people whom havent seen the latest of recent shows like The Walking Dead, Dexter, Misfits and Merlin.

I've just finished Game of Thrones (for my 2nd time ^_~')
    And I'm currently watching The Walking Dead (Where the mid-season finale made me cry.) Fringe... Which... Is still sodding awesome.
    Supernatural (whose mid-season finale also made me cry. Bobby was a great character, and I loved the actor aswell. I'm also saddened about Castiels death, but I was expecting it to come, more or less :/)
    Grimm (Which is rather... Underwhelming thusly.)
    White Collar (Which contains some nice and witty writing, with some The Mentalist-esque stuff in there at times.)
    The Mentalist (Getting a tad dull. Where in gods name is Red John!?)
    Stargate SG-1... (Which... Is lovely. Not a huge fan of the season that I'm in (Wheres mah O'Neil!?) But then again, not anymore of it to come. It feels lovely having the entire set of SG-1 and Atlantis, in some way.)
    Stargate Atlantis... (In which I love quite alot of the new cast to death. Especially Doctor WhatsHisFace, whom just seemed like an arse whenever he was seen in SG-1, but is alot more than... Well... An arse.)
    Battlestar Galactica... (Finally got around to watching it again. Finished season 3 and forgot about it. One of my favourite Sci-fi shows of all time.)
    House - (Love it. The witty and humourous writing makes it amazing.)
    Aaaand last, but not least; Breaking Bad. Which I love to death.

Aaaaand I just recently finished Dexter (This season was quite boring and... Just not as good as the previous ones, guess it might be due to the fact that some of the old writers arent there anymore, and that its gotten a new director, yet again),
    Misfits (Which I very much enjoyed this season, Rudy almost made up for Nathan! However the Nazi episode, as many of you have mentioned, was just unnecessarily weird and just felt... Weird. And the finale just felt rushed and dull, and now that we've only got 2 of the original crew, and Rudy left... Well, I'm not expecting much of the next season)
    And Merlin (Whose season-finale also felt somewhat dull and rushed, alot of stuff happened in the episode, but alot of said stuff wasnt detailed and such, like getting a glimpse of their wedding, etc) :I
    ... I'm probably watching more stuff, and have probably finished alot more stuff recently, but my memory is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    So, Sherlock, anybody? Thought it was absolutely fantastic, with a convincing and brilliant plot and some marvellous humour. Also Lara Pulver who certainly had some...gravitas for her role.
    Ohai JG ;o. I'm yet to watch it, but I was thinking of watching some of it tonight... Guess I'll give it a try!

Also, if anyone are watching a great show that I havent mentioned, feel free to... Well, mention it! I'd love some recommendations.

TL;DR: Watching a ton of great shows, and I've definitely got excellent taste in eye-candy :P
    ... And I wouldnt mind even more good and / or great shows. :]
    Last edited by Xerian; 07-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.