Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Not watched any of this year's Sherlock yet, will be catching up tonight.

Last Friday and Saturday I watched all of A Game of Thrones and really enjoyed it. Mark Addy surprised me as when I first saw who he'd been cast as I feared the worst but he was quite good, the child actors were mostly pretty decent (annoying when they were meant to be being annoying) and the cast as a whole was great. Full of "Oh, what've I seen him/her in...?" types. And Charles Dance is always ace.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Started watching Breaking Bad yesterday. I am intrigued, the pilot was rather nice one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    community - incredibly funny and can't get enough of it. love every character, how nerdy it gets (more than Big Bang theory which in a way is quite sad)
    top gear - while i am not interested in cars that much i do love the random shit they do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Started watching Breaking Bad yesterday. I am intrigued, the pilot was rather nice one.
    Breaking bad is tops. You have to really see it as a very very black comedy though, as it spirals outwards over the seasons. Still great viewing though.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Obscure Node
    Beavis and Butthead.
    I forgot how much I missed those kids.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    So the last episode of sherlock, really enjoyed it. Spoilers ahead.

So who kind of wanted Moriaty's fake life to be true? That was really interesting to me and it would have been an interesting take on the character. Interesting storyline though and im not to sure how Sherlock survived.

All in all quite a good series this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Sherlock spoilers ahoy.

Yeah, this episode was better than the last one. I'm sure Molly (the lab-girl) helped him out in some way, but I have no idea how they pulled it off. There was a little window there when Watson was hit by the bike, but then what about the other eyewitnesses?

Spoilers, obviously.
    Something to do with Molly and the moment that Watson couldn't see because he'd been knocked over and presumably Holmes wanted him in place (where he kept telling him not to move, to walk back a bit) so something to do with where "Sherlock" landed was obscured from his line of sight. The other witnesses? Dunno.

Moffat's got an obsession with his leads faking their deaths in a season finale at the moment, hasn't he?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

The office

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    New series of Justified just started. For those who've not seen it it's as though Timothy Olyphant's character from Deadwood were plucked from the show and shoved into a modern Police show, with a small town sensibility. It's very wittily written and tightly plotted with some fantastic performances, making it one of my favourite current shows (Also based originally on a crime short story by Elmore Leonard)

Also apparently the first episode from the new series of Spartacus is showing tomorrow via Facebook (you'll probably have to 'Like' or some shit, otherwise it returns on the 27th Jan), it'll be interesting to see if it can survive the departure of John Hannah and the tragic death of its lead as well as taking its first steps out of the relatively claustrophobic setting of the Ludus (apparently the budget is significantly bigger this year too).
    Last edited by Jockie; 19-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Season 2 of Justified was ace, hope they can keep the quality up.

Last year I stopped watching a lot of shows:
    Castle - Got too serious
    Big Bang Theory - Growing stale
    Dexter - I lost interest
    True Blood - Too much of everything
    Boardwalk Empire - For some reason it wasn't engaging enough, it's a good show, but something didn't click with me.
    Burn Notice - Growing stale
    House - Really growing stale

Probably gonna stop watching soon: How I met your mother, last few episodes have been terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Started watching Borgen on the BBC Iplayer. Albeit I enjoyed The Killing I & II (daft plot twists aside) I was a bit skeptical about this one as it's all politics. Though so far it's actually been quite interesting. True coalition politics in full effect.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So I booted up the first episode of series 8 of Desperate Housewives on 4OD. The charm, intrigue and just general clever writing at the beginning of its run made it really enjoyable television. I took a minute to watch the opening to this video and just gave up. I had no interest in it. All the things they were trying to defy, there I was, watching all of them happen as obviously as anything else. Really disappointed there.

I suppose that gives me time to watch other stuff instead...