Page 106 of 157 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3137
    Obscure Node
    Re watching all 10 seasons of futurama because it's awesome

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Still watching Battlestar Galactica, now at the start of season 3. Why am I doing this to myself?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Because its fucking amazing? :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    Still watching Battlestar Galactica, now at the start of season 3. Why am I doing this to myself?
    Quit whilst you're ahead. Nothing good will come from watching the rest of that show save this:-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Because its fucking amazing? :)
    I just can't take people behaving irrationally and doing stupid things because otherwise they wouldn't have a plot. That's like, I dunno, "bad writing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Quit whilst you're ahead. Nothing good will come from watching the rest of that show save this:-
    I am already at this stage anyway, so I just might trudge on and count it as a learning experience, like reading Wheel of Time was. At least now that I have established my expectations, I can be pleasantly surprised by the rare interesting elements.

Activated Node
    Seasons 3 and 4 of BSG are definitely a step down from the previous seasons. The religious nonsense only gets worse as the show goes on. There are some interesting plotlines going on, but by the end you're just happy it's over. The ending doesn't do the show any favors too.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Battlestar galactica and it had some interesting ideas and internal character conflicts like
    (Two boomers, the Cyclon one coming to terms with its human side, and the human one coming to terms with its cyclon side)

But I havent gotten past halfway through Season 3 yet - as good as it is, it just takes waaaaay toooo loooooooong... urgh, wish episodes were 20mins ><

On another front, I just finished first season of Orange is the new black and while it took me few episodes to really get into it, I now think it's definitely an interesting series with good amount of plot twists. The season 1 ending leaves me really excited for next season!
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    When you get to Season 3 watch the start and then watch the end and skip the stuff in the middle it really is not that great and you can read the more important parts on a wiki page, I think season 4 even though it has a few niggles is a return to form in a lot of areas.

Watched Season 2 of Farscape, I agree with everyone this is the season where you see Cryton crack and go insane, there are many episodes where Cryton acts totally different to what his Season 1 Character is and sometimes his Season 1 character would actually have gone against. His treatment of some people he meets is actually pretty damn shocking and it shows that Scorpious completely broke him and is still breaking him(THAT ENDING!). Liars, Guns, and Money was fantastic a heist movie, rogueish characters snapping at each other, Scorpious!.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Scorpius' breaking of Crichton continues right to the very end of the show, to the penultimate scene even. We've mentioned it here before as well, but probably the purest example is in the final story before the mini-series conclusion, where Crichton commits a truly atrocious act. Season 2 sets it up beautifully though, leaving you to wonder what on earth is going on with a character who has seemed quite grounded before, despite all the insanity going on around him. The last four episodes of that season are absolutely brutal. Add to that the rest of the Farscape screw having their usual amount of luck and it's easy to see that S.O.L is a good day for them!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    As bad as BSG gets in places, I don't think it's so unremittingly awful that you should avoid the last two seasons completely. I think how far off the rails it goes gets a bit overblown.

And personally I think the two part story of The Oath/Blood on the Scales in season 4 is probably one of the best of the entire show. There is still some decent TV in there!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned True Detective yet. First episode is actually awesome. Whole thing have strong mood, it's based mostly on dialogues and it have Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as main characters. They're both bloody brilliant here, especially McConaughey, this could be his greatest role ever.

If you like really good shows (I mean really, really good, The Wire, Breaking Bad etc. good) you should go watch it right now.
    I'm watching this and am really liking it. McConaughey's character is fascinating to watch.

Also, the latest episode of Community had me in stitches. I wonder how long they can keep Pierce's character relevant to the story while being dead.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Black Sails, the new Starz show whose pilot is available for free on their site. Produced by Michael Bay, directed by Neil Marshall.
    It's a prequel to Treasure Island. It looks way more expensive the Spartacus and DaVinci's Demons. The pilot has plenty of boobs and violence but the focus is more on pirate politics. It's better than I expected.
    Episode 2 will air in February. Time to read Treasure Island and play AC4!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Scorpius' breaking of Crichton continues right to the very end of the show, to the penultimate scene even. We've mentioned it here before as well, but probably the purest example is in the final story before the mini-series conclusion, where Crichton commits a truly atrocious act. Season 2 sets it up beautifully though, leaving you to wonder what on earth is going on with a character who has seemed quite grounded before, despite all the insanity going on around him. The last four episodes of that season are absolutely brutal. Add to that the rest of the Farscape screw having their usual amount of luck and it's easy to see that S.O.L is a good day for them!
    The writers of Farscape were unremitting in the chaos and despair it puts its characters through. I love it. Right to the end of the movie, when Scorpius realises what his machinations have resulted in and it horrifies even him.

I wish more shows had the balls to explore every nook and cranny of characters like Farscape does. Very few match its intensity.

Obscure Node
    I'm 10 years behind the times and watching Veronica Mars for the first time. It's incredible how sharp writing and make average teen drama elements really interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Sleepy Hollow's finale was amazing.
    I knew this show would be great when the trailer said THE ANSWERS ARE IN GEORGE WASHINGTON'S BIBLE. It turned out better than I could possibly imagine.

Activated Node
    The first episode of Black Sails was really amazing. Interesting characters, great actors, lots of intrigue and power play and a great premise for the rest of the season. And it also has one of the most awesome theme songs ever.

The Musketeers was pretty middle of the road for me. Entertaining, but nothing I'm eagerly awaiting every week. Peter Capaldi as the evil Cardinal was great though.

Everyone seems to love True Detective, and even though the actors are amazing and the bleak tone and atmosphere are really good, I just found it to be incredibly boring.

Also watching Banshee, and it is crazy awesome.

Have to say I was really disappointed with Black Sails found it pretty boring and predictable. Asscreed game has it well beat for pirate atmosphere.

Eagleheart season 3 is up for free on youtube (Adultswim channel) and I really enjoyed it. Wacky comedy.

Apart from that new season of Girls is pretty good, also Archer's miami vice reboot is entertaining.

Banned
    Episode 3 of True Detective Dat ending ..........

Watched the first few episodes of Parks and Recreation - it's well polish, but nothing more than pulp/throwaway mindless TV show. Not a bad thing when you just want to unwind, but i'm looking for something more involved atm.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Keep watching, it gets a lot better.