Page 111 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3364
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Massive spoilers for those who haven't seen season 1, but...AHHHHHHH! TEASER FOR ORPHAN BLACK SEASON 2! AHHHH! Mad Men and Orphan Black in the same week. AHHHHHH! *Faints*
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Just watch the entire Nathan Barley in one sitting. Created by Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker should give you a good idea, but if not, there's only two frames needed:

Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Extended version of the last scene from the most recent Parks & Rec. Where would they even keep that?

"Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There is something inherently wonderful about Parks & Rec. I wish more good TV was made with a genuine warmth like it.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Just watch the entire Nathan Barley in one sitting.
    Such an eerily prophetic show.

Hannibal. First season was hit-and-miss for the most part, but if the last two episodes are anything to go by we should be in for a treat this time around. It's dripping with style, the writing is solid, the horror is excellent and Mikkelsen does a great job as the titular character. Definitely worth checking out.

Didn't know Twin Peaks has a comedy element. It has an amazing cast, the weird stuff is really weird, and I've only seen 3 episodes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Well, last night sure was entertaining. The premier of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey gave me a science boner and then watching the season finale of True Detective almost killed it. Finished off with some Shameless for good measure.

All in all a great night for watching the tube.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Stewart Lee is still probably the best comedian out there and he is absolutely killing it with his Comedy Vehicle. Still not to sure I get the in between interview segments or why they seem to find it necessary to make a film at the end that is just one of his jokes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Yeah I've also been enjoying Comedy Vehicle, I don't know why but the "Crap stone Crapstone" bit in the first episode had me laughing way more than was perhaps justified. I'm enjoying the interviews just for the disdainful expressions Chris Morris employs every so often.

Also been watching the new series of Jonathan Creek which is as reliably inexplicably enjoyable as ever. I can't help feeling it should be awful but it simply isn't.

I need to watch the second Stewart Lee Comedy Vehicle, although I enjoyed the first one of this series a lot. Caaaaaaan't say the same about Jonathon Creek, where the first episode of this series was terrible, enough to make me want to skip it. I hadn't seen the previous special, hearing similar things, but perhaps it's time this show should be put out of its misery, given that its best is clearly way behind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Finale of True Detective....not everyone liked it judging by the reviews, but I thought it was effective. High bar set for whomever is involved in next season.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I don't know why but the "Crap stone Crapstone" bit in the first episode had me laughing way more than was perhaps justified.

I didn't entirly get that one at the start I'm afraid so I laughed probably more then necessary at the Shit Tonne joke almost double laughing at the joke to compensate me missing the first one.

I need to watch the second Stewart Lee Comedy Vehicle, although I enjoyed the first one of this series a lot.

I definitely recommend it I think its probably his strongest yet and a lot of step up from the first season. The crisps episode has probably the best silliest joke I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Finale of True Detective....not everyone liked it judging by the reviews, but I thought it was effective. High bar set for whomever is involved in next season.
    I'm glad they took the direction they did. The series was ultimately about Cohle and Hart, 'true detectives.' Mystery provided a backdrop.

Also started watching House of Cards. It's holding my interest for the time being, but something about it feels... formulaic, maybe? Spacey has the only truly interesting character on the series, and I'm not sure how long Adventures in American Politics with Majority Whip Underwood can go before it turns stale.
    Last edited by wrestledwithgod; 11-03-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrestledwithgod View Post
    Also started watching House of Cards. It's holding my interest for the time being, but something about it feels... formulaic, maybe? Spacey has the only truly interesting character on the series, and I'm not sure how long Adventures in American Politics with Majority Whip Underwood can go before it turns stale.
    You can try the original UK series, I never seen it. But for politics you can't go better than The Thick of It. Truly amazing, I don't say this lightly. Perhaps Yes Minister too, albeit it's a bit too old to spot the current affairs swipes.

Anyway, finished the first season of Twin Peaks with a freaking cliffhanger. Those guys are evil. This is a really good show. It's structured like a soap, but it's much more intricate. 6 or 7 love triangles, murder-mystery suspense, gloved hands practising crimes. The acting and the writing is top notch, and the budget is not lavish, but doesn't allow it to slide into camp.
    The intro is about a minute and a half of credits, with birds, Washington state landscapes and a great saw-sharpening machine that's a treat to watch. All this tied together with perfect moody music by Angelo Badalamenti. Lynchean mindfucks are toned down, or perhaps more appropriately, as yet to be developed. I'll see what season 2 will bring.

I doubt the new House of Cards would offer up anything actively used in contemporary politics as good as the original:

It's as if those milling around in the House of Commons don't realise why they're silly for saying it, but there you go. As for Yes, Minister (and then later, Yes, Prime Minister), it's just the satire of its day, much like The Thick of It is appropriate for the politics of now. They have a go at the same things, just with different attitudes. Yes, Minister is laced in detailing the farce of bureaucracy, whilst TToI shows how the need to maintain public image is so damaging. Besides, Yes, Minister is still eerily accurate.