Page 126 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3106
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    No dont ask that question we cant have another few pages of game of thrones people will get mad!

Decided last night I would start watching Twin Peaks because people kept saying the name and I was like I must re-visit that and finish it. Finished season 1 and I would say it is probably a very entertaining extended David Lynch film if you toned down some of the weirdness. But its definitely fun it has the usual 50s style perfect community that also harbors a dark undercurrent of affairs, sex, rape, drugs, and murder. The characters are very entertaining and Dale Cooper has got to be yhe most entertaining character I have seen in a TV show. The soap opera definitly has a middle tone of being serious enough to feel it but also knowing its kind of ridiculous as well. One thing I will say is that sometimes it goes to soap opera the best part is the myatery element and showing the seedy side of the town not really why people want to burn down a mill but its not to bad to completely find myself bored. Kind of looking forward to season 2 cause I hear it gets a lot weirder but also kind of dreading it since ive not heard good things about some of the later episodes.

Game of Thrones. So, Joffrey finally died. It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. For the billionth time, real shame Jack Gleeson is quitting acting.

Also, was it just me, or was the camerawork in the scene where Tyrion sends off Shae absolutely terrible for some reason?
    Last edited by wrestledwithgod; 14-04-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Banned
    I think the episode suffered for packing so much in. Lots of dialogue (which was great) but not a lot of opportunity for fancy camera work. They could of probably reduced the Ramsey opening part slightly and that way given themselves a bit more time for the wedding. Overall good episode though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    When you say you watched it, where are you up to?
    The first episode of the fourth season, which aired last week. Dutch HBO is a little behind, but only by a few days.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The characters are very entertaining and Dale Cooper has got to be yhe most entertaining character I have seen in a TV show.
    The interesting thing about agent Coop is that he is so marysueish, but still completely beliveable character. Sort of.

Well David Lynch is such a weird presence anyway so I don't mind him making a Mary Sue character since its at least going to be interesting.

Also the actor who plays him is legitimately weird. I saw him on The Good Wife and I know they might be refrencing Twin Peaks a little bit but he acts fecking strange in the episodes he is in that I can't help but think the actor is a little strange himself. Which is all awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestledwithgod View Post
    Game of Thrones. So, Joffrey finally died. It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. For the billionth time, real shame Jack Gleeson is quitting acting.

Also, was it just me, or was the camerawork in the scene where Tyrion sends off Shae absolutely terrible for some reason?
    EDIT - corrected by Unaco
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 14-04-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    <stuff>
    Might want to censor that since it gives away a lot of info on who was involved in the spoilered bit. And yes, I realize the irony of me pointing this out (even if it is perfectly consistent)

By the way, did the show manage to capture the sense of Cersei being forced to watch her child die? The book was pretty weak on that at the time and only really worked it in as Cersei became one of the primary POV chars.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I don't think he's quitting, I think he just wants to take a break, finish college and let the risk of him being type cast go away before he does any more acting.
    Nope, he's retiring. (spoilers in the article)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Utterly fantastic episode of Game of Thrones! (spoilers follow) The end of Joffrey was absolutely splendid, when was the last time a character died who deserved it? Given how he managed to infuriate everyone, even most of his own family, the list of suspects is a rather long one. Although given his luck it's almost certainly anyone but Tyrion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Utterly fantastic episode of Game of Thrones! (spoilers follow) The end of Joffrey was absolutely splendid, when was the last time a character died who deserved it?
    The previous episode when Polliver died.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Second episode of Sillicon Valley featured a joke about Mass Effect 3's ending. The characters are starting to grow on me, and I'm pleased to report the end credits music seems to be changing every episode.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Great episode of GoT:

Alfie Allen is doing a fantastic job. Jack Gleeson was excellent. I can't believe they had Stannis call someone an infidel.

/end
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    An amusing Game of Thrones episode. This was always going to happen, wasn't it? Some thoughts: I'm starting to like Pedro Pascal as Oberyn Martell, and I hope he sticks around for a while now that the festivities of the Royal Wedding are over. I suppose it is sad in some ways that Jack Gleeson will no longer be on the show to play Joffrey Baratheon - but I have to admit I was getting a bit tired of his juvenile shenanigans. Gleeson did a good job of it, but I felt it was just more of the same at this point.

The actor who really impressed me, once again, was Lena Headey. The way she portrays Cersei Lannister as a volatile mixture between all her various character flaws is fantastic. Joffrey may have been a right bastard, but he wasn't the only one laughing when the dwarves acted out the War of the Five Kings. She is unrepentantly vain, jealous, very paranoid and, as her father Tywin pointed out: 'not as smart as you think you are'. It was also amusing to see Lena Headey next to Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth. At 1.91m Christie is obviously somewhat tall for a woman - but it highlights once more how small most actors and actresses are.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    I just watched my first five minutes of Glee.

That's enough, thank you. I'm good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    No dont ask that question we cant have another few pages of game of thrones people will get mad!

Decided last night I would start watching Twin Peaks because people kept saying the name and I was like I must re-visit that and finish it. Finished season 1 and I would say it is probably a very entertaining extended David Lynch film if you toned down some of the weirdness. But its definitely fun it has the usual 50s style perfect community that also harbors a dark undercurrent of affairs, sex, rape, drugs, and murder. The characters are very entertaining and Dale Cooper has got to be yhe most entertaining character I have seen in a TV show. The soap opera definitly has a middle tone of being serious enough to feel it but also knowing its kind of ridiculous as well. One thing I will say is that sometimes it goes to soap opera the best part is the myatery element and showing the seedy side of the town not really why people want to burn down a mill but its not to bad to completely find myself bored. Kind of looking forward to season 2 cause I hear it gets a lot weirder but also kind of dreading it since ive not heard good things about some of the later episodes.
    Quoting someone in this very thread "Ohhh boy". If I were you I would just watch the second season until the mid-season reveal. Audrey goes back to a regular soap character, it's not worth it anymore. Just adjust phasers to disappointment. And steer clear of the bloody film too. And play Alan Wake again and see if you can spot all the references.

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Second episode of Sillicon Valley featured a joke about Mass Effect 3's ending. The characters are starting to grow on me, and I'm pleased to report the end credits music seems to be changing every episode.
    Those descriptions aren't helping. I'm cautiously pessimistic for now, I haven't started watching yet.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Watched the season premier of the last six episodes of Warehouse 13

Yeah... Alison Scagliotti (Claudia) and Anthony Stewart "Giles" Head (Paracelsus) seemed to have gained/lost a fair bit of weight in the interim. Last season I had difficulty recognizing him because Head had gained a bit of weight (actually looked good on him, since he always looked a bit skinny), but this was straight up Giles. And Scagliotti looked quite different from the "last time on Warehouse 13" bit (not bad, just different). So it was pretty jarring to see them gain/lose 10 pounds over the course of a title card.

Good episode though. DEFINITELY feels rushed (Myka's cancer arc is basically gone), but it also feels like they aren't wasting any time and are pounding out all the plot points they wanted to cover. Which is good, and reminds me a lot of how incredibly fast-paced the series finale of Eureka was.

Also, YAY for the return of Mark Sheppard! And as a bad guy this time, yay.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Caught up on the How I met your Mother Series finale. The last few seasons (about season 7 onwards) have been pretty average, and this final season definitely started the same way. But I think it really started to hit it's stride again around about episode 14/15, and all things told I really liked the finale.

The romance between Ted and the mother felt surprisingly natural after all the build up, and I liked the conclusions to all the main and side characters' stories. Some of the conclusions may have seemed predictable (I'd use the word inevitable), but life is like that, Barney was inevitably going to get a girl pregnant, Robin was inevitably going to end up bitter and alone (Sort of), in much the same way that Amy Winehouse would inevitably die of a drug overdose.

Life just is that predictable. The series finale also made me extra sad that Happy Endings was cancelled, as it was a pretty good replacement (basically How I Met your mother, but a less needy plot, and updated to fit twenty-teen sensibilities).

I've also been continuing on with Archer: Vice, which has been pretty disappointing so far. It's not terrible, there's definitely a few good moments in there (I'm particularly fond of how Archer's all doe-y about Lana's pregnancy, in contrast to Archer's usual self), but it hasn't been hitting the high notes of previous seasons. Apparently it's already been picked up for a further two seasons, and the show runners have said they'll be going back to the spy game in the future, so that's something to look forward to.

Also looking forward to the season finale of Community tomorrow night.

Ed - Side Note: if you Google "dead British singer" the first hit is the Wikipedia page for Amy Winehouse, I'm not really sure what to make of that.

If I were you I would just watch the second season until the mid-season reveal.
    I am thinking of skipping the middle section of that show but I got to watch the ending I just have to know, though I kind of know a little bit it being on one of these best tv endings shows but I thankfully forgot some of it.

As for the movie well watching this is to get to the movie since I have it in my David Lynch box set.

But I will say one thing about early season 2 I am absolutly loving that the weirdness has been turned up a lot more. The giant is cool, everyone talks and acts really weird and its pretty much turned into a kind of proper horror tv show.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    I just watched my first five minutes of Glee.

That's enough, thank you. I'm good.
    You've saved yourself a lot of time.

I watched 1.5 seasons of Glee, with rapidaly diminishing enjoyment after the first season. It's a trainwreck of the kind Ryan Murphy like to make (Americna Horror Story is similarly an unsatisfatory, exploitative mess) and not worth the investment.