Page 129 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3106
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Now I'm trying Voyager. I'm up to episode 8 and already getting a bit fed up with the teleporter/wormhole timetravel accident stuff, but perhaps it'll improve. So far not liking the characters much either. Generally feels like the series was targeted at a younger audience than DS9.
    ... ...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *sharp intake of air* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Give up, give up now!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    ... ...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *sharp intake of air* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Give up, give up now!
    hehe. It is already feeling too much like work.

Not sure what else to watch, though.

Give Lexx a go if you're in the mood for something absolutely insane and oddly charming despite the obvious budget restrictions.

"Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Give Lexx a go if you're in the mood for something absolutely insane and oddly charming despite the obvious budget restrictions.
    oh, I remember watching that a very long time ago (I thought it was more than 15 years old, actually). yeah, maybe time to rewatch it.
    Thanks.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    hehe. It is already feeling too much like work.

Not sure what else to watch, though.
    You can skip straight to the second half of season 3 where it starts to be decent. Seasons 4, 5, and 6 are pretty damn decent.

Voyager had a lot of issues - writing, a show that had to launch a new channel, cast trouble - but when it does things right, it does them really well. The Doctor is genuinely great though.

I got introduced to sealab2021/22 a couple of seconds ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Deadwood - Pilot,decent so far,need to watch more to see where the story goes.

Obscure Node
    I've just started watching 24, first season done and impressed. Although I also find it incredibly frustrating!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Deadwood - Pilot,decent so far,need to watch more to see where the story goes.
    I watched it all a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. I wasn't enthralled by the pilot, but it's a bit of a slow burner that becomes great later on. It's well acted, well written and some of the characters are really great. I liked how the framework was built around historical events and most important characters are fictionalized versions of actual people that lived in Deadwood. It gives that nice historical flavour to it, although it's by no means a documentary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robber549 View Post
    I've just started watching 24, first season done and impressed. Although I also find it incredibly frustrating!
    One of my favorite shows. As long as you can avoid taking it too seriously, keep watching.

I think it hit its stride in the tail end of day 2/during day 3. Day 1 was going for full drama (which is why everyone hates Jack's daughter). Day 2 is when the writers started just going for a really fun adventure with the occasional tense/emotional moment.

Why do I say you have to not take it too seriously? The very first episode I ever watched was during Day 6 or 7 and I interpreted it as "... okay, for some reason Jack Bauer is going to save the day by throwing the terrorists into the room full of super explosive gas... in The White House...". When you watch it... it still didn't make sense. But that was an AWESOME episode :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I loved 24 season 1. Season 2 was weak, but I seem to remember season 3 being better. From 4 onwards it's mainly downhill. It's weird, but after season 1 I was expecting a totally different Season 2 - something like Jack being a drifter and getting drawn into some kind of local hostage/crime situation. I wasn't really expecting them to go back to the whole CTU terrorist thing. I sometimes wonder what would have happened to 24 if they'd dumped that (and the related need to escalate each season) and just had different 'bad days' for each season.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @Similar: The only thing I remember about Lexx is that it had boobs.. which was unexpected at the time (pre HBO). And that I never really liked it. I'm assuming you've already watched Farscape and Babylon 5 (and avoided the spin offs).

Obscure Node
    I'm going to start season 2 tonight. I just find it addictive yet some of characters are beyond irritating. Surprised that season 2 continues with CTU. I thought it would go in a different direction

Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    I loved 24 season 1. Season 2 was weak, but I seem to remember season 3 being better. From 4 onwards it's mainly downhill. It's weird, but after season 1 I was expecting a totally different Season 2 - something like Jack being a drifter and getting drawn into some kind of local hostage/crime situation. I wasn't really expecting them to go back to the whole CTU terrorist thing. I sometimes wonder what would have happened to 24 if they'd dumped that (and the related need to escalate each season) and just had different 'bad days' for each season.
    Yeah, they definitely wrote themselves into corners and never really thought about "the future". Day 6 is probably the best season even if it was completely out there, and probably should have ended things. Even if it led to The Death of Black Bauer!!!. Of course, even by then it was completely out there and forced to escalate to such a degree that it was inane (but fun). Day 7 and 8 they made a conscious effort to scale back down, which was just weird and really awkward.

I'll agree that 3 was probably the most coherent season though.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    I'll keep that in mind. Do you think you'll watch the new season when it comes out? I was surprised they decided to do another but then I haven't watched them all yet so will make my mind up after!

Quote Originally Posted by Robber549 View Post
    I'll keep that in mind. Do you think you'll watch the new season when it comes out?
    Of course. The plot could be "Jack Bauer meets the inventor of the time machine, tortures him, steals said time machine, goes back and waterboards Buzz Aldrin, flies to the moon, and has a knife fight with a clone of Hitler" and I would still watch it... Okay, actually I think I would masturbate furiously if the plot were THAT hilariously deranged.

Also, I really hope they secretly brought back the one partner/ally that Jack Bauer never physically abused and/or tortured (so that he can get the crap beat out of him): Freddie Prinze Jr (Cole Ortiz?)!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Of course. The plot could be "Jack Bauer meets the inventor of the time machine, tortures him, steals said time machine, goes back and waterboards Buzz Aldrin, flies to the moon, and has a knife fight with a clone of Hitler" and I would still watch it... Okay, actually I think I would masturbate furiously if the plot were THAT hilariously deranged.

Also, I really hope they secretly brought back the one partner/ally that Jack Bauer never physically abused and/or tortured (so that he can get the crap beat out of him): Freddie Prinze Jr (Cole Ortiz?)!
    Now that would be a storyline...and all in 24 hours!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Wait, are they still making new seasons of 24? It seems a lifetime since it started airing.

I would watch that. And then watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Wait, are they still making new seasons of 24? It seems a lifetime since it started airing.
    It is actually going to air in a few weeks, and Stephen Fry is playing the british prime minister.

Basically, it was in developmental hell for years, but everyone involved failed horribly with their other endeavors, so we get a new show. If memory serves, it is only 12 episodes long and it is going to have time skips, but that will ALSO allow for a much larger story (heh) where Jack Bauer will follow the terrorists to other lands. It opens up with Bauer getting dragged in to a mess in the UK and escalates from there.

If successful, there are plans to either move forward with a movie or even continue with this approach of shorter seasons. Which is smart, since as awesome as the gimmick of "real time" was, it led to a lot of filler and TV writers aren't good at planning 24 episode arcs, which led to the writers not even having the full season plotted out before filming...