Page 139 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Yeah I've had similar feelings. Right now it's a brilliant ride, with the pace the story is moving at. I love it. But the last episode had a great example of a little plot that most shows would've gotten a few episodes out of, but Orphan Black dropped it before it even got started.

Like you I'm trusting that they know what they're doing. It has been just about flawless so far. Or maybe this whole thing is going to crash and burn in season 3 when they run out of ideas.

Although if the show really does go completely off the rails, I feel like at this point I'd keep watching just for Tatiana Maslany.
    The new complaint: "This show is too good! Do filler episodes!"
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    American Horror Story,what a show,a must watch! Only watched two episodes and actors are good,its so tense you can cut the atmosphere with knife!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Haha, yeah it does sound like a stupid thing to worry about. I'm perfectly happy for them to keep this momentum rolling!

Just finished True Detective. 7 great episodes followed by a mediocre 8th.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    I think it's more a case of, we have something really special and great with Orphan Black. It's be a retroactive shame if it artificially extended (even if thematically it'd be perfect, ha).

Also, I've gone back and re-watched the finale of the latest Mad Men episode a few times. As amazing as it is ridiculousky bold.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Joss Whedon once said that he was proud that it took him 2 seasons to do on Buffy what Charmed did in 2 episodes. It's not so much about filler as about pacing. But I'm only 4 episodes into Orphan Black S1 so I don't know yet what you guys are talking about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ok, so after 4 episodes the new season of 24 is just dumb. It's trying so hard to be exciting and shocking, but it just keeps coming up empty. I think it's partly down to how conservative it's being, and down to how inventive some shows over the last few years have been, but when (vague spoilers----) a mother doing that to her daughter is just meh, then something has gone wrong. (----end vague spoilers). I keep waiting for them to do something to justify bringing it back. Bauer having grown/changed would have been the obvious one, but they skipped that. If they put a bullet in bauer's head in the next one, and start following the daughter as the main character in her quest to stop her mum, then i might get interested again. And please blow up CTU (again - but this time killing every one of them and writing them all out of the show).

Wooh, So I ended up burning through Sleepy Hollow season 1 in the space of about four days. And the verdict is: it's good. I mean, the whole premise is ridiculous from the get go, but everybody knows that so it's not really an issue. It had a few good Monster of the week episodes, and a lot of really good "man out of time" jokes (and they're not over used, which is a plus).
    I also really like what I've seen of the [minor spoilers]Four horsemen[/spoilers] so far. Though I think they're limiting their self by having them all be [spoilers]known associates of our Witness's[/spoilers].
    It's getting through the plot pretty fast, but hopefully they've got enough tricks up the sleeve for a decent second season.

Favourite moment: Skinny Jeans are a sign of the impending apocalypse.
    Least Favourite moment: Everything about the captains family life. It's terrible, and irrelevant.

Following from Sleepy Hollow, I started watching Orphan Black as people in here have been rating it so highly. The first episode is a bit slow (compared to Sleepy Hollow) and didn't really sell me on it. It gets alot better from about episode three onwards though, and now I'm in full agreement with all the praise it's been given. The story is hitting all the right notes, just enough intrigue, and sub plots to keep the ball rolling, and the acting has been phenomenal.

Favourite Moment: the Helena and Sarah shower scene.
    Least Favourite moment: Most of Alison's plotting, not because theirs anything wrong with the plot or characters, it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Another good'un from Orphan Black. "Arthur, you beast!" Felix spin-off show please.

Californication, season 7. The lack of Becca so far has hurt the show as far as I'm concerned. That an upcoming episode is titled "Daughter" gives me hope for her return from overseas though. Karen continues to be under-utilised, although Heather Graham is a pretty decent fit for the show.

Continuum season 3 - didn't see them killing off Betty in such a brutal fashion, even if she was just supporting cast. That said, with time travel as the driving force of the show they can undo pretty much whatever they want, although given that they've already done that once for a character this season it's probably in the shows' best interests that she stay dead.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Californication, season 7. The lack of Becca so far has hurt the show as far as I'm concerned. That an upcoming episode is titled "Daughter" gives me hope for her return from overseas though. Karen continues to be under-utilised, although Heather Graham is a pretty decent fit for the show.
    Having Mulder in it, I'm thinking about watching it.
    From what I gather, is Duchovny playing himself, a playboy billionaire, right? What's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    What if you were a Mulder fangirl dreaming fanfiction and connecting dots to an hearth out of his sweat? That's probably an idea of fun for some
    If I were a Mulder fangirl, I would cut my hair short, die it red and wear ONLY suits and trenchcoats.

Rumour of The X-Files' shark jumping were greatly exaggerated. Season 6 has his lows, but the best episodes (Milagro clearly, Three of a Kind because it has The Lone Gunmen AND LSD'd Scully) are still as good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    American Horror Story. Each season has its own story and characters. Its really neat,now second season is happening in asylum where all kind of fucked up shit is going on. I recommend it to everyone who like horror.

Penny Dreadful, not at all bad. In fact, good.

Also, Da Vinci's Demons, the occasional silly swashbuckle, but pretty well acted other than that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ok. I'm about 6 episodes into Orphan Black and it seems to have gone a bit off track. It's turned into some kind of strange comedy of errors that seems more about different characters having to impersonate different characters in weird/random/funny situations. Odd mix of seriousness, violence and comedy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Hannibal's horse episode is the funniest thing I watched this year.

X-COPS. X-Files meets COPS.
    Just...

I have no words. Only laughter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Finished Hannibal.

Occasionally I drop a teacup to shatter on the floor. On purpose. I’m not satisfied when it doesn’t gather itself up again… Someday perhaps, that cup will come together.

Words to live by.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

More words to live by.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Wow Louie is just on the A Game this season the ending of the Elevator 6 parter was just beutiful and it really made me have a tear in my eye seeing this relationship end and showing how even though they couldn't talk to each other they had a connection but they never could be together. The whole arc was beutifully done and just had some great human moments exaggerated in his surreal style while also having some really surreal odd moments that didn't really fit but were also great. I mean the whole Todd Barry story was completely unnecessary and didn't achieve anything but it was so wonderfully done and quite intriguing that I didn't mind.

Also for some reason Louie is doing some really uncomfortable almost rape scenes especially in Pamela that was so fecking uncomfortable and it just did a real flip on the character and showed that even a mostly well mannered shlubby guy can be quite dangerous when he wants something and won't take no for an answer...surprisingly brutal stuff for a mostly beautiful humane show.