Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2941
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Wow Louie is just on the A Game this season the ending of the Elevator 6 parter was just beutiful and it really made me have a tear in my eye seeing this relationship end and showing how even though they couldn't talk to each other they had a connection but they never could be together. The whole arc was beutifully done and just had some great human moments exaggerated in his surreal style while also having some really surreal odd moments that didn't really fit but were also great. I mean the whole Todd Barry story was completely unnecessary and didn't achieve anything but it was so wonderfully done and quite intriguing that I didn't mind.

Also for some reason Louie is doing some really uncomfortable almost rape scenes especially in Pamela that was so fecking uncomfortable and it just did a real flip on the character and showed that even a mostly well mannered shlubby guy can be quite dangerous when he wants something and won't take no for an answer...surprisingly brutal stuff for a mostly beautiful humane show.

Thoroughly enjoying Grimm, having been marathonning it with the other half who recommended it. Just started season 3 now, and while some of the quality of writing might have been a little scattershot, I can't fault a fantastic cast.

Time for Continuum 3x09, which as far as I can tell is currently the only decent sci-fi on television at the moment.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Time for Continuum 3x09, which as far as I can tell is currently the only decent sci-fi on television at the moment.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2309131/
    OR
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/

I can't believe this happened, two series with the same name on the same year. Both sci-fi.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

I haven't watched the one about the amnesiac girl who wakes up on a spaceship. I was under the impression it was a web only series. Looks interesting though, might investigate further. The one about time travel starring Rachel Nicols is excellent stuff though.

Californication 7x09

This episode was just outright fucking cruelty on the part of the writing staff. As if that last minute phone call last week about the accident wasn't harsh enough, this week for the first time I can ever recall in the show, they went without the theme music as Hank made his way into the hospital. They spent like 95% of the episode leading us to believe Karen wouldn't survive the hour, especially considering it was the heaviest amount of work they've given Natasha McElhone since about season 5, and in flashback they had Hank say "I love you to death" then immediately cut back to the present in the hospital... and then she's pretty much fine, just concussed. Cruel bastards.

As for the flashback scenes, it was nice to see that apartment from the early seasons again, both inside and exterior shots, as I really thought they'd lost that place as a filming location for good. Younger Becca actress really didn't work for me though, considering it was set about a year before season 1 and we know full well what Madeline Martin looked and sounded like back then. It would have been far less jarring to simply have Hank talk to her on the phone or something, where they either could have dubbed her voice in with some digital alteration to make it sound younger, or just have Hank talking and reacting to let us fill in the blanks on what had been said.

Odd lack of any of the usual supporting characters for once. Other than younger Becca, flashback therapist, a few doctors and Vending-Machine-Intervention-Cancer-Wife-Guy-Who-Went-Nameless, it was pretty much an episode of just The Big Four, and honestly it was better for it.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Finished Da Vinci's Demons S02. So much fun. Da Vinci builds a submarine in a single day, visits Machu Picchu and the afterlife. Meanwhile a false Pope rules the Vatican and the Ottoman Empire invades Italy. Assassin's Creed is serious business compared to this.

iPlayer - Original Comedy Shorts - Lone Wolf - a 4 minute nature documentary narrated by Matt Berry

"Big horned sheep are weird fuckers. But tasty."

This needs to become a full series.

I don't dare delve into the Song of Tits and Wine thread, but Jesus Christ, what an episode of Game of Thrones! This season has been pretty great, indeed! I absolutely loved the jail scene (I love most scenes with those two, but especially this one), and the ending just left me numb (in a good bad way). I just sat there, processing the whole thing until I got a headache. I'm not sure exactly why it got to me the way it did, but this might be the most stand-out episode for me since that thing in season one. Yeah, you know, that thing.

And there was just so much happening in the episode. Not much action, but actual development, both character and plot. All of it feeling logical, though not obvious, and in line with everything.

I'm so glad I postponed watching this until after finals were over.

And so it ends season 7 of the X-Files. With Mulder being abducted. (Spoilers for a 14(!) years old episode)
    Still not sure if I will continue to watch it. Scully alone can carry the show, it all depends on how the baby is deal with and what are the replacements.
    If it still has The Lone Gunmen then it's worth it. There might even be another wham episode, like Triangle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    And so it ends season 7 of the X-Files. With Mulder being abducted. (Spoilers for a 14(!) years old episode)
    Still not sure if I will continue to watch it. Scully alone can carry the show, it all depends on how the baby is deal with and what are the replacements.
    If it still has The Lone Gunmen then it's worth it. There might even be another wham episode, like Triangle.

Just wach it till the end,there are good episodes with her new partner (Evil terminator from T2). There is only one season and its over right,for the series ? You'll see,X-Files is one of the best tv series around,but at the same time it also have one of the words endings.. Shame.

Network Hub
    I finally had a little time to put into Battlestar Galactica, and I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

It has an interesting hook, but the effects are SO badly done they're distracting and many of the characters are incredibly annoying. The writing has some of the same flaws Prison break developed starting in Season 2: an over-reliance on "impossible" scenarios and "last second" resolutions. It gets tiring.

Maybe my expectations were too high.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    There's actually an entire, very short lived (half a season) spin off that runs at the same time as season 8 featuring The Lone Gunmen as the main characters. Worth watching, and especially the pilot, bear in mine it was aired 6 months before 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    There's actually an entire, very short lived (half a season) spin off that runs at the same time as season 8 featuring The Lone Gunmen as the main characters. Worth watching, and especially the pilot, bear in mine it was aired 6 months before 9/11.
    It was already wishlisted. Didn't know it was just half a season.

Just watched the first Space Race episode of Archer.

My god, it is glorious.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ok. I finished season one of Orphan Black. You are right that the lead actress is awesome. But the plot is just so random. It feels like they're making it up as they go along. Or like huge parts were cut out of some episodes. And the season endnig was kind of infuriating. I'll plunge on with season 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Patlabor the Next Generation, a live-action series adopted from the well-known sci-fi animation / manga series Patlabor. And of course, like the amination / manga, this is a comedy, too.

The the huge scale of production, they not gonna make it aired weekly like most Japanese TV drama, they keep it running monthly in the coming year. So, after this 1st episode, we need to wait till July for the 2nd.

This TV drama is not a parallel universe or spin-off of the original series. In stead, it tells the story of Special Vehicle Unit of Tokyo Metropolitan Police decades after the original series. Patlabor refers to industrial robots introduced specifically for outdoor environment, contrary to those having been working in indoor factory environments for manufacturing. Since Patlabors are largely in civilian hands, as you would expect, criminals also get their hands on them to commit violent crimes, so Tokyo Metropolitan Police established Special Vehicles (SV) unit to combat those crimes with biped robots, police's own patlabors.

But, by the time of the TV drama's story, biped combat robots have been deemed obsolete for their ineffectiveness in combat (Japanese military had abandoned them for long) and excessive cost in maintenance. So, 1st squad of SV had been disbanded and only 2nd squad remained, but original members of the squad (referred to in the story as "1st generation") who had all left the police force, most didn't do quite well in their career, except for Shinohara Asuma who went back to his family's firm as robot developer (envy those old money off-spring), and his girl friend Izumi Noa who then worked in his boyfriend's firm as test pilot. By the time of the TV drama's story, maintenance team's commander, Shigeo Shiba was the only member of the 1st generation of SV to remain in SV (back then he was just an ordinary team member), and he had grown old. So by then he was working with 3rd generation of members.

This is a comedy, but it's also a somewhat sad story. It is going to tell a story of the once glorious SV which fought for the respect from the publich it once held but had long lost due to the change of time. This is a story of how brilliant people fight to thrive despite new time may try to abandon them..

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    I was feeling pretty lukewarm about the live action Patlabor but you really have me pumped up for it now. I love some Patlabor. The first movie is a fantastic thriller. The original OVA are hilarious. And the manga is good fun. I'd assumed the live action would be a retelling. Glad to hear it is not, and having that sad sort of underdog back story is so very, very Patlabor. Gonna try to watch it once some craziness settles down. Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So it's taken 18 episodes, but I think Orphan Black has taken its first major miss-step. The episode was a mess, from make-up to plot and it's a shame because there are tons of ideas and things going on in the episode, but the problems are too distracting. Even things that were cool were confusing (the room trashing sequence) in some respect. And reading around there's already a difficulty in phrasing the problems without coming off as, well, [major spoilers]seeming like you're being transphobic[/spoilers]. It's a shame that an idea like that, which makes perfect sense, was handled so badly, made especially weird because other things the show handles in a similar area are done with confidence and quality. Anyhow, two episodes to go this season and if this is the only bad one in the batch, that's still a pretty darn good run.