Page 141 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3118
  1. #2801
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I'm going on a Bottom marathon tonight, Rick Mayall just passed away at 56 :(
    The New Statesmen for me. Already watching it from Youtube.

  2. #2802
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,632
    Bottom Live it is.



    The segment at 35 minutes in where the show goes wrong is hilarious.
    steam: sketch

  3. #2803
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    362


    Whole episode is fantastic, but I love this bit.

    "Won't the carpet get awfully sticky?"

  4. #2804
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gorizia, Italy
    Posts
    1,070
    I started watching adventure time.
    post in progress

  5. #2805
    Network Hub Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    417
    With the sad news about Rik Mayall, I may finally get around to watching The New Statesman.

    ---

    Been watching Orange Is The New Black season 2, just finished 2x06. I really hope that Healy/Pennsatucky doesn't become a thing.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

  6. #2806
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,692
    There are episodes of frasier on youtube.
    I often put an episode on my second monitor while i do some things on my main. or just put it while doing boring stuff like cleaning or laundry.

  7. #2807
    Network Hub Stense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    211
    I recently started watching Dollhouse. So far its okay. Seems like an interesting idea but I'm constantly wondering what the point of it is. It seems like an awful lot of effort for not much gain in providing fancy-pants-escorts/bodyguards/contractors. I'm hoping that it gives more reasons to justify the doll house's existence later on. Not the greatest Joss Whedon thing ever, but its an enjoyable enough show so far.
    I have a new book out. Fancy some cynical fantasy comedy? Check it out:
    http://amzn.to/1oVrKlx

    Read my other stories: http://tessstenson.blogspot.co.uk/

  8. #2808
    Moderator Anthile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Germany
    Posts
    2,484
    I tried to watch some Orange is the New Black but I don't think it's for me. It's not funny enough for a comedy, not dramatic enough for a proper drama and it certainly lacks the punch of Oz when it comes to the prison setting.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

    to wound the autumnal city.

  9. #2809
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    There are episodes of frasier on youtube.
    I often put an episode on my second monitor while i do some things on my main. or just put it while doing boring stuff like cleaning or laundry.
    Frasier is just a strange show. It is a spinoff of one of the most formulaic sitcoms ever (Cheers, which arguably SET the formula) and it had a surprising amount of slapstick, but all four of the leads were such good actors and actresses that it regularly did amazing things too. And, to this day, it may be one of the few "sophisticated" shows that isn't pretentious... even though the whole point was that the Crane brothers WERE pretentious assholes.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  10. #2810
    Lesser Hivemind Node eRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    532
    Started the new season of Orange is the new Black. I also recently played Watch Dogs. So I was like "hey, that's the Sears Tower!" and "hey, that's the same prison I visited in that video game!".

  11. #2811
    Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    I started watching adventure time.
    Welcome 10char
    Last edited by icupnimpn2; 11-06-2014 at 05:36 AM.

  12. #2812
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    it certainly lacks the punch of Oz when it comes to the prison setting.


    I think its because its doing different things, Oz was Prison was tragic and you kept on being eaten up by the system. While OITNB is kind of like that I think its main point is that prison is just like everything else in life has its bad bits and has its good bits and I kind of like it a little bit more then the more miserable Oz, but I'm glad both of them exist and are doing separate things in a similar environment.

    I've just watched the first two episodes of Season 2 and its definitely a "and were back" kind of vibe. I wonder if they are going to continue Piper being in chicago which would definitely be a bold movie in TV terms. But I think I really enjoyed the second episode a lot more which was back in the familiar ground with familiar characters that were there usual entertaining selves...like most critics I think you don't really need the main character anymore not that I dislike Piper as a character...but we definitely don't need more of Larry he really is UGH Larry whenever he shows up.

  13. #2813
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,037
    Another splendid episode of Fargo. Lester is such an ass. I rewatched bits of the ending, realising that he was planning for his wife's (Linda?) death even before leaving home. "Oh, you won't need your coat" caught my ear first time around, but then I was told that he actually booked a single, one-way flight, rather than booking for both. Indeed. Bastard. And all just because Lester felt like a big dog and wanted his maker to acknowledge him for it.

    Also, I loved how so many scenes were set up so incredibly foreboding, toying with the viewer's expectations.

    And that scene with Malvo and Lou in the diner. Jeez.
    EDIT: "I haven't had pie this good since the garden of Eden." Way to cater to the "Malvo is the Devil" group. I like it!

    I do wonder if Malvo thought that he killed Lester or if he knew th
    at he shot Linda(?). And how Lester's planning to get out of this one. But hey, that's for next week, eh?

    One of the best shows on TV.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 11-06-2014 at 02:03 PM.

  14. #2814
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Another splendid episode of Fargo. Lester is such an ass. I rewatched bits of the ending, realising that he was planning for his wife's (Linda?) death even before leaving home. "Oh, you won't need your coat" caught my ear first time around, but then I was told that he actually booked a single, one-way flight, rather than booking for both. Indeed. Bastard. And all just because Lester felt like a big dog and wanted his maker to acknowledge him for it.

    Also, I loved how so many scenes were set up so incredibly foreboding, toying with the viewer's expectations.

    And that scene with Malvo and Lou in the diner. Jeez.
    EDIT: "I haven't had pie this good since the garden of Eden." Way to cater to the "Malvo is the Devil" group. I like it!

    I do wonder if Malvo thought that he killed Lester or if he knew th
    at he shot Linda(?). And how Lester's planning to get out of this one. But hey, that's for next week, eh?

    One of the best shows on TV.
    It's rather brilliant yeah. I basically love despite Lester being an awful bastard of a man, he's still sort of relatable. The cagey passive man who lets the world shit on him tries to take an ounce of control and his world falls to pieces. From there it's bad choice after bad choice as he tries to assert himself on the world and lets the people around him suffer for it. He's probably a better villain for me than Malvo because he's recognizably human (although almost entirely lacking in a sense of morality - self-preservation and pride seem to be his motivators).

    Thought they did a great job ratcheting up the tension throughout the episode and there're quite a few characters who i'd be 'upset' if they died now - Molly, Gus, Greta and Lou (Molly's dad) primarily, but even side character's like Bob Odenkirk's chief of police - he may inept but he's a fundamentally 'nice' person who wants to see the best in people.

    So yeah, next week is the finale and there will almost certainly be a body count, Lester is probably a certainty to die, I think Gus is probably high on that list too. Whatever happens, I hope the ending can live up to the rest of the series and I feel like the way it's been constructed as a sort of grand scheme of coincedence and fate (with Malvo as a sort of orchestral conductor ensuring all the pieces fall into place) means we'll get a satisfying finale.
    I write about them video games at these locations

    And on Twitter

  15. #2815
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    It's rather brilliant yeah. I basically love despite Lester being an awful bastard of a man, he's still sort of relatable. The cagey passive man who lets the world shit on him tries to take an ounce of control and his world falls to pieces. From there it's bad choice after bad choice as he tries to assert himself on the world and lets the people around him suffer for it. He's probably a better villain for me than Malvo because he's recognizably human (although almost entirely lacking in a sense of morality - self-preservation and pride seem to be his motivators).

    Thought they did a great job ratcheting up the tension throughout the episode and there're quite a few characters who i'd be 'upset' if they died now - Molly, Gus, Greta and Lou (Molly's dad) primarily, but even side character's like Bob Odenkirk's chief of police - he may inept but he's a fundamentally 'nice' person who wants to see the best in people.

    So yeah, next week is the finale and there will almost certainly be a body count, Lester is probably a certainty to die, I think Gus is probably high on that list too. Whatever happens, I hope the ending can live up to the rest of the series and I feel like the way it's been constructed as a sort of grand scheme of coincedence and fate (with Malvo as a sort of orchestral conductor ensuring all the pieces fall into place) means we'll get a satisfying finale.
    Yeah, I'm with you on everything. Lester is the kind of character that I know I shouldn't root for, but I can't help doing it. But I won't cry for him if he dies.

    There really is a bunch of likable and relatable characters on the show; all in their own way and each serving a purpose. Pretty much every named character has caught my interest. The characters with the least appeal to me would probably be Lester's first wife and brother's family, but they've been redeemed lately. I'm not a huge fan of Greta, though. She seems to mainly serve as a way of grounding Gus and being an area of connection between him and other characters. The actress is doing a good job and I really don't mind the character, she just doesn't seem to add much in and of herself. But not all characters can be major plot movers. The fact that I'm complaining about Greta should be read as a compliment to the show, rather than a negative remark on her.

  16. #2816
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    [/COLOR]

    I think its because its doing different things, Oz was Prison was tragic and you kept on being eaten up by the system. While OITNB is kind of like that I think its main point is that prison is just like everything else in life has its bad bits and has its good bits and I kind of like it a little bit more then the more miserable Oz, but I'm glad both of them exist and are doing separate things in a similar environment.

    I've just watched the first two episodes of Season 2 and its definitely a "and were back" kind of vibe. I wonder if they are going to continue Piper being in chicago which would definitely be a bold movie in TV terms. But I think I really enjoyed the second episode a lot more which was back in the familiar ground with familiar characters that were there usual entertaining selves...like most critics I think you don't really need the main character anymore not that I dislike Piper as a character...but we definitely don't need more of Larry he really is UGH Larry whenever he shows up.

    Ah,loved Orange is the new black, season 1. Season 2 sorta disappointed me, just finished watching it. I don't know, it felt too much high-schooley in khakis to me this time around. And, yeah, UGH, Larry.

  17. #2817
    Currently having a GOT marathon :p

  18. #2818
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14
    I just saw the season finale of The 100 - I was reluctant to watch at first but this has proved to be an unexpectedly serious show, that actually gives some thought to how people would behave in terrible situations. There's a hint of Battlestar Galactica about it (especially as several actors were in that show), and a nice willingness to show the heroes as potentially bad people...

  19. #2819
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Stense View Post
    I recently started watching Dollhouse. So far its okay. Seems like an interesting idea but I'm constantly wondering what the point of it is. It seems like an awful lot of effort for not much gain in providing fancy-pants-escorts/bodyguards/contractors. I'm hoping that it gives more reasons to justify the doll house's existence later on. Not the greatest Joss Whedon thing ever, but its an enjoyable enough show so far.
    Oh boy. You're in for a treat.

  20. #2820
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    958
    Did Dollhouse become worth watching? Loved Buffy and Firefly, but Dollhouse seemed to get a lot of criticism in the first season and I never got around to watching it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •