Page 145 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3023
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by crainey92 View Post
    Being trying to find a good newish sci-fi series to watch after getting bored of rewatching the greats. I've been kinda watching The 100 but I'm still not sure about it. Will probably continue to follow Dominion (only 2 eps so far), which is a pretty decent but far more fantasy than sci-fi. The Leftovers was alright, I'm very interested to see where it is next because I love the concept (again not actually sci-fi).
    I'm enjoying Continuum and Falling Skies at the moment.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    I'm enjoying Continuum and Falling Skies at the moment.
    I'm not really into crime shows, otherwise I'd probably be watching Almost Human (I did quite enjoy the humour). A work colleague suggested Falling Skies too, I'll probably check it out. I recall briefly watching it a while back and not particularly enjoying it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I didn't get on with Falling Skies at all, it felt cloying and sentimental in all the wrong ways (I don't mind sentimentality, but you have to earn it with strong characters and solid acting, Falling Skies has trouble with both those things) I'm pretty sure one of the actresses is called Moon Bloodgood as well, which I never really got over.

I saw a trailer for the 100 and it looked like a post-apoc drama except with the cast of Glee as the survivors (by which I mean, they're all ludicrously attractive and clean looking). Is it actually any good?

Edit* : If you're looking for good sci-fi, word is season two of Defiance (the one that launched simultaneously with a half-decent F2P shooter MMO) is a marked improvement on the first.
    Last edited by Jockie; 04-07-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crainey92 View Post
    Being trying to find a good newish sci-fi series to watch after getting bored of rewatching the greats. I've been kinda watching The 100 but I'm still not sure about it. Will probably continue to follow Dominion (only 2 eps so far), which is a pretty decent but far more fantasy than sci-fi. The Leftovers was alright, I'm very interested to see where it is next because I love the concept (again not actually sci-fi).

Thinking I'll probably transition into Anime watching again for a bit, catch up with all I've missed in my year's departure from Anime.
    It's not new, but
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker? (Not really Sci-Fi)
    The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    Space: 1999
    Earth 2
    Lexx
    Warehouse 13
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    Oh my, there's a title I haven't seen in a long time.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Is there anything post-apocalyptic,as The Road,or Stake Land ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Is there anything post-apocalyptic,as The Road,or Stake Land ?
    IMDb says only 7
    http://www.imdb.com/search/title?plo...type=tv_series
    "Highlights":
    Jeremiah
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1820766/ looks like what I Am Alive wanted to be
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Activated Node
    Finished watching Breaking Bad.It was thoroughly enjoyable but I think those that call it the best show of all recent times to overrate it. I think it helped a lot to earn such a reputation by its fans due to actually getting better as it progressed (Dave Porter's musical score helped tons). Admitedly, Ozymandias was one hell of an episode indeed.

rockwoot.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    post in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I'm pretty sure one of the actresses is called Moon Bloodgood as well, which I never really got over..
    I'd always assumed it was a Native American name but her father, Shell Bloodgood, is of Dutch/Irish descent. Moon now has a child of her own called Pepper.

I agree with your verdict on Falling Skies. It was too focused on soap opera relationships and those irritiating kids got far too much screen time.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Television! TELEVISION! Gosh, I've missed having anything to watch for a bit. Orphan Black done, the rest of the shows I'm waiting to start back up again in September, although the second series of the crazy cool Utopia is starting up again soon and, despite my reservations as to how the first series ended (with particular focus on the fact I'm saying 'first' and not 'the') I'm still intrigued to see how they take it forward. But enough about what I haven't watched, it's about what I have!

So I'm getting back on the wagon of Twin Peaks. It's probably clear to anyone who's kept up with me talking about it that the stints between watching episodes are rather long. The show is so damn hard to get into the mood for watching, especially as there's very little drive past revelation. Nevertheless, here I am into the second episode of post-revelation territory and the show is certainly doing a good job of still existing. The Horne duo and Cooper remain the most interesting main characters by far, with Ben's mini-break-down as to his situation being the stand-out of the episode. "Psy-cho-path. Pscyhopath." One other thing of interest is James and the Lady in Red, who I'm sure is totally innocent outside of her extra-curricular fun. Uh huh. Also, the rest of this episode can be summed up in the following text I sent to a friend:

David Duchovny.
    What the hell.
    The White Lodge?
    What the fuck is going on.

I don't know why I'm still doing this to myself, but I shall charge onwards!

In other TV watching news, with the same friend we have agreed to try and watch a show on a weekly-or-so basis so that we can discuss it as we go. Like a book club, but not so much a club as a friendship and with a television show. In this post-Mad Men first-half-of-season-seven world we live in, there has been little TV for the two of us to discuss, but we're trying this new plan out by watching one or two episodes each week of Freaks and Geeks, starting with the first episode tonight.

It is a good episode of a TV show I most definitely want to watch more of. The whole vibe about it is brilliant, from the tone to the dialogue ("You know who cut school? Jimi Hendrix. Do you know what happened to him? He died!") to the characters to the music to the Linda Cardellini, who I'm sure if I'd have seen the show when it was first on I'd have had a big(ger) crush on. Perhaps the most curious thing about the show is seeing all of the actors in it as a grown-down form as to what I've seen them as, apart from Jason Segel who apaprently hasn't aged in fifteen years through the power of magic or drumming or something, I dunno. It's not hard to see from the first episode alone how the show has amassed a cult following and I can't wait to watch more!