Page 16 of 162 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    The fly episode was about the violent nature of man and how futile it is because its trying to destroy something insignificant.

Anyway watching the first season of How I Met Your Mother after catching a few episodes on TV and liking it. Really loving it so far, not really caring about the mother storyline its a really good hang out with some nice characters show.
    Oh lord that fly episode was killing me, 44 minutes I kept thinking Just F***ing stop it you're gonna bump something over and Guss is going to cut your throat!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Yea, that was a painful episode in more ways then one. Still I enjoyed it for what it was. I think it was around that episode that I realized Jesse Pinkman needed to die for the show to get good again. I kept hoping one of those machines would collapse on him or he'd stupidly put something toxic in his mouth.

I didn't think they show became less good to be honest but the going back and forth off jesse and walt was a bit frustrating.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I do agree that the fly episode was a bit to wtf for me as well but dont mind it because the show picked up after that and well season 4 was excellent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Final episode of Walking Dead. Watching the team get perfect headshots from moving cars in a battle that was over in the first 15 minutes. Once again the team are as proficient or stupid as the plot needs them to be. Sometimes they didn't even bother looking where their gun was pointed before firing, and despite being awesome, Herschel is rockin' that infinite ammo cheat.

Also, a helicopter just happens to lead a horde of zombies in the direction of the farm, and this horde just happens to be passing by as a gun is fired, and the group just happens to flee in the direction of the prison. We're one coincidence away from a Tony Jaa movie.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 24-03-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Final episode of Walking Dead. Watching the team get perfect headshots from moving cars in a battle that was over in the first 15 minutes. Once again the team are as proficient or stupid as the plot needs them to be. Sometimes they didn't even bother looking where their gun was pointed before firing, and despite being awesome, Herschel is rockin' that infinite ammo cheat.

Also, a helicopter just happens to lead a horde of zombies in the direction of the farm, and this horde just happens to be passing by as a gun is fired, and the group just happens to flee in the direction of the prison. We're one coincidence away from a Tony Jaa movie.
    What about that Hersels Mass Effect gun of infinite bullets, that was weird.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    That's what makes drama. If things don't happen to incite the characters to action, you're watching a bunch of people repairing fences and washing clothes.

But yeah, the infinite shotgun was a bit much.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Watching Dirk Gently, seen two episodes so far. Thought Stephen Mangan was great in Green Wing so I gave it a go. Not sure if I like it yet.

I like it its not Douglas Adams level of good and probably has nothing to do with the book but for what it is its quite enjoyable in its own way.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Today i watched Legend of Korra episode 1. it was awesome. so gonna get a BR when it comes out.
    Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware this was out yet. Huge Avatar fan after Netflix suggested this might be something I might be interested in even though I never gave it much thought before. Devoured the entire series in about a week and was hungry for more.

I can't believe they teased us like that about the fate of Zuko's mom in that first episode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Having been a big fan since the pilot aired, I was somewhat disappointed in the ending of the fourth series of Being Human, yet I feel compelled neither to furiously demand a better ending from the BBC, nor to complain to the relevant oversight authorities. Am I doing it wrong?

hey :)
    i watch Revenge TV series
    it REMOTELY reminds The Count of Monte Cristo.
    I like it because it differs from other tv shows.
    i also watch House M. D.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar

Indeed.

I really wish that Darabont was still on board as he kept the ludicrous excesses of Kirkmans plotting in check. Unfortunately it seems that without Darabont's ability to ground things not only are they now hell bent on following through with the insanity of the Prison next season rather (cue more melodrama) than going their own direction, but they've also introduced Michonne with her always sharp, cuts through everything Katana (a great case of the 'fantasy' overwriting the reality). /facepalm
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

I just finished watching the first season of American Horror Story, and it was sort of okay, I guess. The last episode was just awful though, and if people are tempted to watch the show I'd suggest just ending at episode 11. Episode 12 is just Beetlejuice without Tim Burton.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    That's what makes drama. If things don't happen to incite the characters to action, you're watching a bunch of people repairing fences and washing clothes.
    Drama is created from characters having to overcome plausible obstacles. When they shove Glenn down a zombie-infested well and tie the supporting rope to a rusty old faucet instead of the caravan, drama is greatly overshadowed by sheer disbelief. Actually, I'm still not clear why they went down there in the first place.

What about when Rick's boy stands behind a deer at the exact moment it gets shot? They can only play the major coincidence card once before writers start looking like amateur Dungeon Masters, totally reliant on random encounters shaking up their monotonous questline because their dismal attention span couldn't think up believable drama. Their entire deck of cards is filled with nothing but jokers. How about the zombies teleporting in behind them on the highway?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Indeed.

I really wish that Darabont was still on board as he kept the ludicrous excesses of Kirkmans plotting in check. Unfortunately it seems that without Darabont's ability to ground things not only are they now hell bent on following through with the insanity of the Prison next season rather (cue more melodrama) than going their own direction, but they've also introduced Michonne with her always sharp, cuts through everything Katana (a great case of the 'fantasy' overwriting the reality). /facepalm
    Michonne sounds like a great character, but she simply doesn't belong in the world this show has established. If the show adhered more closely to it's comic book origins from the beginning, my eyes would remain in their forward position.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 26-03-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Network Hub
    I'm not sure if its such a bad thing Darabont is gone. Did you see that proposal for the first episodes in series 2? Briefly summarised this would have abandoned 'the group' and followed a squad of national guardsmen as they fought their way out of the middle of Atlanta, crossing over with Dale, Andrea et al as they went - ultimately ending with the last survivor bitten and trapped in a tank.... dying and then eventually providing Rick Grimes with a second handgun, a safe shelter and a hand grenade.

If that was even briefly entertained by Darabont then maybe he's not the voice of sanity we hope.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblazeuk View Post
    I'm not sure if its such a bad thing Darabont is gone. Did you see that proposal for the first episodes in series 2? Briefly summarised this would have abandoned 'the group' and followed a squad of national guardsmen as they fought their way out of the middle of Atlanta, crossing over with Dale, Andrea et al as they went - ultimately ending with the last survivor bitten and trapped in a tank.... dying and then eventually providing Rick Grimes with a second handgun, a safe shelter and a hand grenade.

If that was even briefly entertained by Darabont then maybe he's not the voice of sanity we hope.
    Why not? Sounds like a great opportunity for them to infill some of the characters from series before Rick met them, plus undoubtedly give a bit more of an insight into the wider nature of the virus through military broadcasts, etc. As it stands they've now gone with retconning the guy at the CDC discreetly telling Rick that Laurie was pregnant to telling him that everyone in fact carries the virus (in which case he'd of known to shoot Shane in the head then and there).
    Last edited by Kadayi; 26-03-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Network Hub
    Reducing the cast to bit characters for the first few episodes of the second series after only just introducing them in the first? Nah. But the main objection is feasibility, they would have had to stay on the farm for 3 more seasons to balance out the cost of what was originally proposed. I also think that military broadcasts about the wider nature of the virus are things better left out of TWD, much like CDC scientists and their explosive laboratories.

Its odd how much people are making of the fact that Rick didn't shoot shane in the head immediately, I thought it was always a case of putting the rising to the test + also dealing with gutting your best friend + then seeing your son point a gun at you 5 seconds later. But it was always 50/50 with me what Jenner told Rick - though I do think that one is slightly more plausible than the other from the mentalist determined to take everyone with him, I disagree it was a retcon.

Finished watching How I Met Your Mother Season 1 and I can already see there going to have a problem with the Ted characer: he is one of these mentally ill people who wants perfection and thinks every girl he comes across is the one and is horrible. In fact Ted is a really douchy character sometimes and its painful to watch the more dramay elements because of that fact. The saving grace is that despite that its quite funny and there all really good characters in there own way.

The Walking Dead
    I was about to stop watching, too much drama in Season 2. But something in the last episode of S2 made me go "OMFG YES", then I decided I love the show again.
    Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work.