Page 17 of 162 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Finished watching How I Met Your Mother Season 1 and I can already see there going to have a problem with the Ted characer: he is one of these mentally ill people who wants perfection and thinks every girl he comes across is the one and is horrible.
    After about a year of insistence from various friends, I started watching it. I watched the pilot, thought it was alright, then had a friend sit with me while we watched the following 4/5 episodes. I think it's okay, but not especially good. I have so many other shows on DVD that are so much better (so far at any rate) that I don't really know why I'd want to give this too much time, other than when flicking about and leaving it on the station if I come across it.

I also think you're right about Ted. He's...well, not great. Pretty cringe, actually.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    HIMYM gets better, I think I saw 7-8 episodes before it really clicked, I'm thinking I should rewatch season one to see if the show just needed time to settle or if season one is just not up to scratch. Of course, the last few seasons have been average and sometimes downright terrible so I don't know how much I should recommend the show anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I wouldnt say its the best show in the world and pushes the medium to new heights but i would say i am enjoying hanging around with these characters and it does make me chuckle quite a few times so i think im going to carry on watching it. Also Marshal and Lily are probably one of the best depicted loving couples i have seen in a TV show for a really long time and probably my favourite characters in the show.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I wouldnt say its the best show in the world and pushes the medium to new heights but i would say i am enjoying hanging around with these characters and it does make me chuckle quite a few times so i think im going to carry on watching it. Also Marshal and Lily are probably one of the best depicted loving couples i have seen in a TV show for a really long time and probably my favourite characters in the show.
    I can't call it the best of the best as well, it's just rather entertaining to watch How I Met Your Mother and also Big Bang Theory. I'm usually not into sitcoms, I prefer series like Grey's Anatomy and House MD. I recently started watching Walking Dead and it's good and really scary and I wouldn't like to watch it alone:)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    What the hell is wrong with this episode (11th) of House of Lies? Fortunately I watched it an hour after dinner, otherwise......

Obscure Node
    Just finished rewatching both seasons of Wakfu.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2JrWJfdoqk

Now rewatching HIMYM.

Simpsons
    Family Guy

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Since I'm living on the Navajo reservation now, I've set the dvr to record National Geographic Channel's Navajo Cops. Life on the Rez is a bit strange and the show is at least mildly interesting. The problem with it is there's a lot of good set-up (like investigating reports of supernatural animals, etc) but poor payoff (no supernatural animals exist :<< ).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I never read the GRRM books and my enjoyment of fantasy petered out a long time ago, but I find (against all expectations) I'm enjoying the Game of Thrones serialisation. But I'm enjoying Boss even more. I've been a fan of Kelsey Grammer for a long time, but his Tom Kane deserves all the awards.

What TV shows are you watching?

I was watching The Vampire Diaries Season 3 episode 6 online. Its great show and my favorite too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    In my mission to watch TV show DVDs within a year of actually buying them, I've started off with Mad Men. I've watched 6 episodes of the first season and I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. Well written, good characters, a great score and a very detailed presentation; it's very nice to simply watch. Shame it's taken 4 months to unwrap the shrink-wrap, but I'm very glad I have done. Compared to HIMYM above, I'm enjoying this as entertainment far more.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I'm currently watching The River and I'm really enjoying it. I like the whole documentary/blair witch concept, with the characters having the cameras with them. And it's held my interest so far. Here's hoping it continues to be as good.

Stargate Atlantis on blu-ray. I do so adore David Hewlett, his smug face in HD is glorious. I'm just in the middle of season 2. Still can't believe it only lasts for 5 seasons, makes me a sad panda even now.

Also the amount of spambots is really getting out of hand now.

I'm quite enjoying Homeland, although there seems to be an increasing amount of filler as the series goes on.

Spambots sure watch a lot of TV (although mostly online by the looks of it).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Touch

Martin Bohm (starred by Kiefer Sutherland, "Agent Bauer") was forced to quit his career as journalist after his wife died in 911 attack, to look after his autism son Jake. Jake is specially gifted in number, can predict the future by studying sequences of numbers. Social Service was concerned that Martin didnt have enough income and time to look after his son and therefore decided to take over the guardianship from him, sent over a social worker Clea. Martin tried to prove to Clea that Jake started to communicate with him through numbers and, to get closer to his son, follow his hints to do the good deems.

Not really much about mathematics for this drama, but it's quite warm themed. It's more about how we can be linked to seemingly unrelated strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Touch...
    ...Not really much about mathematics for this drama, but it's quite warm themed. It's more about how we can be linked to seemingly unrelated strangers.
    Is it any good? Admittedly my only real exposure to Keifer Sutherland is 24 and his casting in this seemed so left field.

I'm watching a lot, but recent high points include: -

Game of Thrones: So glad its back on, although its a strange experience watching S2 as I've read all the books since S1 came out so coming into this with a distinctly different viewpoint.
    Community: The most recent pillow vs blanket fort episode encapsulates why I dearly love this show and why I hope it gets renewed. As a side note: incredibly disappointing to see the stuff between creator Dan Harmon and cast member Chevy Chase
    Archer: Fantastically funny show, I cant recommend this highly enough. Its depressing how few people seem to be aware of it
    Psych: I'm delighted to live in a world where Castle and Psych can exist, but if I had to pick one it'd be Psych
    Fringe
    :Since they switched to mythology heavy episodes rather than Monster/Mystery of the Week this show has gotten better and better. That said, I'm still somewhat unconvinced with the path chosen this season and the character 'reboot'. Sadly I suspect this is for the axe this season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    In my mission to watch TV show DVDs within a year of actually buying them, I've started off with Mad Men. I've watched 6 episodes of the first season and I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. Well written, good characters, a great score and a very detailed presentation; it's very nice to simply watch. Shame it's taken 4 months to unwrap the shrink-wrap, but I'm very glad I have done. Compared to HIMYM above, I'm enjoying this as entertainment far more.
    Mad Men is a piece of art, there's a lot of work put in to everything.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Community: The most recent pillow vs blanket fort episode encapsulates why I dearly love this show and why I hope it gets renewed. As a side note: incredibly disappointing to see the stuff between creator Dan Harmon and cast member Chevy Chase
    uhu... there is no community without Chase and fourth season is not picked up.
    fucking harmon. his fault.

Network Hub
    Anyone who likes Archer should check out the Venture Bros. Far superior, at least once they really get going with it. Like Archer the first few episodes are more like rough sketches of the show they're going to make (weirded me out watching the first episode of Archer where Carol is meek HR woman)
    Last edited by Theblazeuk; 09-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    uhu... there is no community without Chase and fourth season is not picked up.
    fucking harmon. his fault.
    Harmon definitely made the issue much worse, but didn't Chase kick the whole thing off by saying the show wasn't funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Theblazeuk View Post
    Anyone who likes Archer should check out the Venture Bros. Far superior, at least once they really get going with it. Like Archer the first few episodes are more like rough sketches of the show they're going to make (weirded me out watching the first episode of Archer where Carol is meek HR woman)
    Thanks! Shall check it out