Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Harmon definitely made the issue much worse, but didn't Chase kick the whole thing off by saying the show wasn't funny?
    He gave this very grumpy and ungracious interview, it's entirely possible he was just in a bad mood, but he does have a bit of a rep for this kind of thing.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Currently watching Breaking Bad via Netflix (last 2 eps of Season 2 to go, season 3 is now on netflix and have *acquired* later series). Really enjoying it.

Also watcing Afro Samurai: Resurrection and Hey Arnold!.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    He gave this very grumpy and ungracious interview, it's entirely possible he was just in a bad mood, but he does have a bit of a rep for this kind of thing.
    It's funny hearing that from a guy that did so many horrible lapoon movies.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    It's funny hearing that from a guy that did so many horrible lapoon movies.
    That just means he's a pretty good expert on what's not funny.

IMO a lot of the comedy is probably too cerebral for him and just goes right over his head.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblazeuk View Post
    Anyone who likes Archer should check out the Venture Bros. Far superior, at least once they really get going with it. Like Archer the first few episodes are more like rough sketches of the show they're going to make (weirded me out watching the first episode of Archer where Carol is meek HR woman)
    I think you mean Pam, Carol is the ditzy secretary, but yeah they do change her role as the series progresses. Also Venture Bros is pretty funny and well worth a look, though a little creaky in the early episodes.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Harmon definitely made the issue much worse, but didn't Chase kick the whole thing off by saying the show wasn't funny?
    he did bitch-talked to him in front of his daughter and wife which i find completely unacceptable no matter what Chase did (he walked out from the set before shooting his last scene was the main cause apparently)
    As much as Chase is a dick, a fucking prima donna, it is harmon who is in the wrong here. making the voice mail public just added heat.
    Last edited by Lukasz; 10-04-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Watched first 2 episodes of Firefly and i have mixed feelings,i expected something better from 9.3 on IMDB.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Problem with expectations that high...give it a bit of time, just let yourself enjoy it. By the time you'll have made up your mind if you wanted to carry on watching it, you'll have actually finished the series. That being said, the extended pilot (Serenity) is much better than the second episode which was hastily thrown together as a new pilot for Fox because the first wasn't actiony enough. Which is ludicrous considering it starts in the middle of a war.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I never much rated Firefly/Serenity. It was okay. But I came to the party late so I missed out on the whole zeitgeist.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Finished the third season of Justified today. My goodness, I did not see that ending coming. "Slaughterhouse" was an apt name for it, on more than one level. Just another great episode in an incredible series. The last ten minutes were haunting, right down to the last line of dialogue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I also watched two episodes and didn't really get the fuss that was about it and had other better TV shows to put my time on...maybe I should go back to it since I did love Serenity quite a bit.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I never much rated Firefly/Serenity. It was okay.
    Yeah, it's puzzling. The characters are decent, the movie was good, but I can't see where all the hype comes from. Firefly could have become great if it hadn't been canceled, but it's done.

Buffy and Angel are still the highlights of the Whedonverse for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think the could is what gets most people. I actually had this discussion with a friend recently and we've come to the conclusion that yes, Firefly is a great show, but it's more a collection of ideas for something better. The fact it isn't complete really is a detriment to it, much like anything would've been in the same situation. I'm glad I've watched it as much as I have, but over the last year or so, my thoughts on it have tempered a little.