Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Just finished the season 1-5 box set of Supernatural.

So that leaves pretty much the only things I'm currently watching as Dr Who and The Apprentice.

I'd love to watch Game of Thrones but it's on bloody Sky Atlantic. I'd also quite like to see more breaking bad but it seems they're not getting around to releasing season 3 on DVD in the UK.

Beyond that I'm looking forward to the second sereis of Danish crime drama The Killing cropping up on BBC4 at some point later this year. Oh and I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be more Sherlock at some point as well, which should be rather excellent.

Just that Dr Who these days, but I've got a hankering to burn through Life on Mars again.

Watching Deep Space 9 here, been doing 1-3 episodes every day for a few weeks now. Im on season 7, so I know the end is near, but I'm gonna make the most of it and enjoy every minute.

Chuck, Castle, In Plain Sight and waiting for Covert affairs, burn notice & Psych

With the advent of HBO Go, I've been watching a good bit of Extras and The Ricky Gervais show. To be honest, I lose a lot of the cultural humor, but I still find the shows really funny. Considering starting the Sopranos, or maybe Carnivale... with the sheer number of series they have on the service, it's more than a bit staggering.

OH, and Game of Thrones. Certainly can't forget Game of Thrones.

game of throooonesss *cough*

Everything i watch is currently on hold. But when they're on air, i watch these:

Top Gear, Castle, House, Nikita (The new one).
    If you like prog rock, then you're with me. If you dont, you are against.

Apart from the news since that's a given all I watch these days are documentaries and current affairs programmes (the good ones on SBS and the ABC, not the terrible ones that are on the other channels), Collectors and Antiques Roadshow whenever it's on. There's a doco on mountain gorillas tomorrow night that looks really good because the series on the Rift Valley finished which was also really good so I'll definitely be watching that.

Game of Thrones and Treme are keeping me very enthralled. And I can't stop watching Archer.

I've been watching Star Trek: The Original Series on CBS action this week. It has been a long long time since I last saw an episode of TOS. It is still as fun and wonderfully campy as ever, I still love it!

Other than that the only other shows I've been watching reguylary these days are Doctor Who, South Park and Horrible Histories.

Obscure Node
    I just finished Season 5 of The Wire last night and am now a bit bereft - I'm not sure I will ever find a show of such quality again. I need to watch the first season again as my other half hasn't seen it before but after that I am thinking of watching Treme or perhaps digging into David Simon's older shows, Homicide and The Corner.

I'm also watching Game of Thrones on a weekly basis and still have half a season of Boardwalk Empire, two thirds of the most recent season of House and the entirety of Mad Men Season 4 to watch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    There's a part of me that is thinking "it's over a year now since I watched the Wire for the first time, surely that's long enough a gap to watch it again." It's not wrong but I don't know if I want to succumb to that "must watch more" addiction right now. It is truly brilliant.

Obscure Node
    Yep, am rewatching the Wire at the moment too. I recommend it way too much, but its hard not to. Definitely the best TV or film I've ever seen.

@Yodith, I did exactly the same. Homicide has some great episodes, but can be quite dated, and the quality is patchy. I've just bought the first Season of Treme, but in the meantime you could try Generation Kill, which I enjoyed (though not as much as the Wire. The upside is that there is only one season)
    Last edited by Imbecile; 04-06-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Obscure Node
    I've spent the past few weeks getting up to speed with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I think overall it gets less funny in the later seasons but it still has plenty of brilliant episodes. About halfway through Rubicon and will start on The Killing when I have the time.

Obscure Node The Prince Of Love's Avatar
    I followed House while it was running, but I somehow missed that Doctor Who had started again, so I will be following that. Currently I'm having a semi-marathon of the X-Files, but that's only because I right now have a bit too much time on my hands (a pleasant change from the opposite).

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Serekh View Post
    Finishing another run of Star Trek DS9, good to see another Trek fan in the form of Selesnya although I haven't seen any of the other shows you have.
    I've never been watched DS9, but it's definitely top of the list, as I go through all the Star Trek I can possibly find/download.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodith View Post
    I just finished Season 5 of The Wire last night and am now a bit bereft - I'm not sure I will ever find a show of such quality again. I need to watch the first season again as my other half hasn't seen it before but after that I am thinking of watching Treme or perhaps digging into David Simon's older shows, Homicide and The Corner.
    The Wire ruins other TV by being too damn good. To ease your return to 'normal' TV I'd recommend Generation Kill, which David Simon and Ed Burns adapted from the book. It captures the boredom and misery of war wonderfully, and has some of the funniest dialogue Iíve seen.

I've just finished series 3 of Spiral (or Engrenages, if you're French). Spiral occupies a weird space half-way between The Wire and The Bill but it's compelling stuff and a great chance to brush up on your French.

Finished off the last series of The Thick of It. What a show. The last episode where Malcolm comes across as a nicer guy and nobody knows how the hell to deal with it was hilarious.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Archer. Seriously, Archer is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPride View Post
    I've spent the past few weeks getting up to speed with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I think overall it gets less funny in the later seasons but it still has plenty of brilliant episodes.
    I watched the first 4 seasons of that recently. For seasons 3 & 4 it felt like they were trying to be more edgy and un-PC and you'd think it would be less genuinely funny because of that but it wasn't! Complete opposite in fact, seasons 3 & 4 were the funniest ones yet. :D

Right now I'm nearing the end of season 7 of The Office (US). The post-Michael Scott episodes are struggling, I'm sad to say. His replacement isn't quite fitting in. :/

Obscure Node
    I recently finished off all of Futurama and have recently started watching Robotech. I do love Netflix.