Page 22 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Oh good I'm not the only one. I started reading the first book after I've watched the first season and got all confused, names were dropped and I was like Who are all these people and had to look up those names and the coins dropped when they included a picture of the actors.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Oh good I'm not the only one. I started reading the first book after I've watched the first season and got all confused, names were dropped and I was like Who are all these people and had to look up those names and the coins dropped when they included a picture of the actors.
    Strangely I had no problems with GoT. I think the classic for this sort of issue, at least for me, was Band of Brothers - it was probably only on my 3rd or 4th watch through that I picked up everyones names and suddenly realised how certain people were that only popped up occasionally and why one guy would be upset because all his mates had died

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Strangely I had no problems with GoT. I think the classic for this sort of issue, at least for me, was Band of Brothers - it was probably only on my 3rd or 4th watch through that I picked up everyones names and suddenly realised how certain people were that only popped up occasionally and why one guy would be upset because all his mates had died
    They're also not really well introduced in GoT, they just appear suddenly doing their thing and being the king of something, like Renly for example. I had no clue what he was king of and who he was associated with because his name wasn't mentioned.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I do have to say the book especially but also the tv show info dumps a lot of names on you and you kind of glaze over them since they probably arent to important then you find they are but cant remember their names when they show up.

Network Hub
    I'm pretty good with names. The Wire was my training ground.

(Though GoT is a cheat as I started reading the books in lower sixth, 2003)

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Shows currently on air that I watch:

Game of Thrones
    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad
    Louie
    Archer
    South Park
    Veep (new show on HBO)
    Girls (new show on HBO)
    Boardwalk Empire (I don't love this show, but it's OK enough to watch)
    Homeland
    Life and Times of Eric (this might be canceled, but it's good)
    Venture Brothers
    Enlightened (awesome, overlooked show on HBO. You should try it)
    Children's Hospital (on Adult Swim)
    Workaholics (comedy central)
    Parks and Recreation

That's pretty much it, I think. This might sound like a lot, but only like 2 or 3 of these are on air at one time. Most are usually on hiatus for most of the year. So I really don't watch all that much TV, all things considered.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 17-05-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    I concur.

I think Lena Headey is another doing an excellent job and her scene with Peter Dinklage in the most recent episode was excellent.
    The lady who plays Cersei is the best actor on that show. And she has the most difficult role, too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Shows currently on air that I watch:

Venture Brothers
    Wait this is on air again???

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Luther is great. If you liked that modern Sherlock show you'll like this one. It's just as OTT but in a different way - less, uh, autism, more Idris Elba being a ticking bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Luther is great. If you liked that modern Sherlock show you'll like this one. It's just as OTT but in a different way - less, uh, autism, more Idris Elba being a ticking bomb.
    Sherlock is pretty much the same as Doctor Who sans timetraveling, but I guess Mofiat likes that lightspeed dialogues and twitchy mannerism thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Luther is alright, but only because of Idris Elba and, to a lesser extent, Ruth Wilson. I thought the "themed serial killers" thing was really hokey for a show that obviously takes itself quite seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Sherlock is pretty much the same as Doctor Who sans timetraveling, but I guess Mofiat likes that lightspeed dialogues and twitchy mannerism thing.
    I disagree. I think there's a special place in the lowest depths of hell reserved for adults who like Doctor Who, and yet I really like Sherlock (though it goes a bit over the top in some of the recent episodes).

Anyway, I've started watching The West Wing. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Theblazeuk View Post
    Wait this is on air again???
    By "on air" I meant shows that are still being made (even if they are currently on hiatus). As far as I know, Venture Brothers hasn't been canceled so it will be back at some point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I think there's a special place in the lowest depths of hell reserved for adults who like Doctor Who

NOOOO! Its probably one of the best shows in Britain now, and that is saying something. Its actually one of those shows children and adults can enjoy and I don't complain about it to much.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidian View Post
    I disagree. I think there's a special place in the lowest depths of hell reserved for adults who like Doctor Who
    There is but it's the VIP lounge. Mohitos, jacuzzi and a good view of all the joyless snobs writhing in agony forever :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    saw today last episode of community. don't watch tv so waiting for dvds but i needed to see it now. love this show.

An episode that takes place in an 8-bit game is part of what makes Community so special:

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    New series of Snog, Marry, Avoid? Yes, you can judge me. Yes, you're probably right. Yes, I still enjoy it.